Poll: Which way is she initially spinning?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Which way is the ballerina spinning for you?

Which way is she initially spinning for you? And are you able to switch the way she's rotating with your mind?
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-12-12 at 08:47 AM.

I've watched it closely, and it is a load of crap, she's switching the way she is spinning automatically, nothing to do with your mind.
    Just focus on the leg she's sending out - you'll see she's changing the direction every ~1.30-2mins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I've watched it closely, and it is a load of crap, she's switching the way she is spinning automatically, nothing to do with your mind.
    Just focus on the leg she's sending out - you'll see she's changing the direction every ~1.30-2mins.
    The gif isn't large enough for that.

Both its not actually changing it just depends on how you're focusing on the image

edit: to the right initially
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-12-12 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    lol be prepared for your mind to be blown

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Both its not actually changing it just depends on how you're focusing on the image
    what is it for you initially?

Clockwise unchanging. I have no idea how you could see anything else given the angle and placement of her back and leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Clockwise unchanging. I have no idea how you could see anything else given the angle and placement of her back and leg.
    First picture her 'standing' leg has her right leg. Then blink and tell yourself that her standing leg is her left leg, and it should reverse the way she spins.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I see the same.

First picture her 'standing' leg has her right leg. Then blink and tell yourself that her standing leg is her left leg, and it should reverse the way she spins.
    Yeah that doesn't really work unless I look at the 'fixed' version with lines drawn to give the appearance of it being her right leg. Even still when I look back at the original it changes to clockwise after a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    This ^^

Only reason I see people voting right and left is because people will vote she is going to my left and others will vote she is going to her right.

clockwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    This ^^

Only reason I see people voting right and left is because people will vote she is going to my left and others will vote she is going to her right.
    No, it's a genuine illusion, I just don't get the other direction very well.

After trying unsuccessfully to reverse the image just staring at it, I scrolled down and just had her foot on my screen and concentrated and was able to reverse it to a counterclockwise spin. I have to say though that spinning this way to me doesn't seem as natural because it looks odd and appears to me to be a bit off axis and awkward which is why my brain picks the other way or clockwise over it initially.

This is a common Left brain Right brain dominance test though I'm not sure how accurate it really is.

Yeah that doesn't really work unless I look at the 'fixed' version with lines drawn to give the appearance of it being her right leg. Even still when I look back at the original it changes to clockwise after a second.
    Yes I 'naturally' see her spinning clockwise as well, but that is how (I at least) can change which way she is spinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Clockwise, obviously. And she doesn't change direction.

The trick is to look at the shadow of her foot, easy to switch it back and forth now.

It was counterclock-wise for me initially, but switched after about 5 seconds and I can't get it to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    After trying unsuccessfully to reverse the image just staring at it, I scrolled down and just had her foot on my screen and concentrated and was able to reverse it to a counterclockwise spin. I have to say though that spinning this way to me doesn't seem as natural because it looks odd and appears to me to be a bit off axis and awkward which is why my brain picks the other way or clockwise over it initially.

This is a common Left brain Right brain dominance test though I'm not sure how accurate it really is.
    I think the real reason is the reflection of the foot on the bottom for me. It always moves from right-to-left which implies a clockwise rotation given the perspective. If I cover up that I can make it go either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially it was to the right but I was able to see it the oposite way, as well as not spinning at all but doing an awkward forward and backward kick.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced she's always spinning clockwise.
    Statix will suffice.