Alternate transmogs for gear pieces depending on spec

now that gear will have dynamic stats in WoD and will have the potential to change depending on what spec you are in, it would be very nice if they could add a feature to transmog that lets us assign two different appearances to one piece of gear, one for each spec. That way when you change, your gear will change with you appearance wise. I know I personally would very much like to have a different appearance between Holy and Shadow on my Priest, and if we are going to be having the same pieces of gear in our main slots for both specs then different transmogs would be very welcome.

What do you think of this?

Good idea. But imagine this to be hard to implement?! Not a programmer though

I don't think this would be THAT hard to implement...

Just visit the tmog npc while in the spec you want to tmog for, then switch the spec and tmog again.

As for the programming, I can imagine there is some sort of table that contains the item ID, item name, stats, etc. etc... then default display ID and tmog display ID, so just make it "spec 1 display ID" and "spec 2 display ID".

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    As for the programming, I can imagine there is some sort of table that contains the item ID, item name, stats, etc. etc... then default display ID and tmog display ID, so just make it "spec 1 display ID" and "spec 2 display ID".
    Technically, there would have to be 3 skin options on a item.
    1: Default skin
    2: Spec 1
    3: Spec 2

Then you would have to enable that additional slot onto all items available on game.

Then you would have to write the functionality that would determine what spec and transmog ID.

If you really want this addition. You can just farm up 2 sets of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Technically, there would have to be 3 skin options on a item.
    1: Default skin
    2: Spec 1
    3: Spec 2

Then you would have to enable that additional slot onto all items available on game.

Then you would have to write the functionality that would determine what spec and transmog ID.

If you really want this addition. You can just farm up 2 sets of gear.
    The idea was that because Blizzard is making it easier for people to not need two separate pieces of gear for each spec through dynamic stats it would be nice if there was also functionality for dynamic transmogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd love that one, since my ret/prot sets already share some pieces and I have to have the same x-mogs (except for weapons/shield) on both sets to look decent.