Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    lol ASUR the sadness of your posts made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    maybe they could find a real job now
    Entertaining others for money is a job. And they entertain a lot of people.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Do you live in a world where the lactose-intolerant drive by dairy farms every day and raise their fist to the sky, cursing cows?
    As someone who is lactose-intolerant, I have done that more than once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    As someone who is lactose-intolerant, I have done that more than once.
    Don't be mad at the cows.. The cows should be mad at YOU.. For your intolerance.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Don't be mad at the cows.. The cows should be mad at YOU.. For your intolerance.
    Well, maybe I wouldn't have to be milk-racist if their stupid sugars would just submit to my obviously superior digestive enzymes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Well, maybe I wouldn't have to be milk-racist if their stupid sugars would just submit to my obviously superior digestive enzymes.
    Well you know.. If you weren't so WEIRD.. You could digest milk perfectly fine just like the rest of us.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Well you know.. If you weren't so WEIRD.. You could digest milk perfectly fine just like the rest of us.
    I gotta say, ouch. Really know how to hurt a guy.

ON TOPIC: "draconian anti-piracy measures do more to harm the industry than piracy itself ever did in the first place". That was a thing that was said once, by a guy, who I assume knew what he was talking about at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    Wow, you sure got mad about my posts. I didn't say it's easy, I just think it's pretty shitty to get money off ad-revenue for longplaying a video game. But, whatever floats people's boats, after all there are worse people out there, who buy skin DLCs and stuff.
    I don't know about you, but some of my favorite commentaries are from Bluexephos (and honeydew) and Huskystarcraft. They're not that great, but they have great humor and it's just a lot of fun to watch them.

And you know, I have adblock, so any revenue they get from me is from my view and like.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account

TB recently put up his latest edition of content patch involving this fiasco.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Hmm.. These youtube reviewers, we have problem with them! They do not adhere to our perfectly planned PR and might cause losses to our sales because of informing people about such irrelevancies as "bugs" and "gameplay issues". We have tried Doritos, we have tried Mt. Dew but they are resistant! They don't even use our ads to keep their sites running so no way can we squeeze them with those! .... Lets destroy their method of delivery then, absolutely.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have ever watched youtube in your life, you don't get a legitimate right to condemn youtubers saying they should get real jobs.

That should pretty much cover everyone in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I have adblock, so any revenue they get from me is from my view and like.
    was watching MARVEL:Agents of SHIELD last night on the internet - downloaded it because i cant watch it when its on TV - the ADS were embedded into the program as it was playing, just floating along the bottom of the screen, telling me how much i could save on insurance - guess that's gonna be the new way to advertise since ppl just turn the channel when commercials come on TV or mute the TV when commercials come on or block ads on internet - we all gonna be watching Big Bang Theory and Coke-Cola ads will just be floating on the screen corners as we watch it, changing to other products throughout the program, kinda like the channel names float on the corners now.../sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I got scared for a second, then verified that Red Letter Media's review of Phantom Menace survived.
    They all survive, just the creator is no longer getting the revenue from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    They perform a task that is demanded of them for money. Isn't that the definition of a job? I think most of them are kind of idiotic too, which is why I don't provide them with my own traffic, but a job is a job, and that is a job. Enough people think they're worth their time for it to be so.

It's not fair to attempt to trivialise what they do, as it also serves to trivialise the complaints people have about the subject matter at hand.
    Hes just mad because hes jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't, unfortunately, but I'm currently listening to a full album from a band on a major label known to contest content. Not a VEVO thing. It's still there. Has been for a long time. If they're picking out content from background music, I'd assume they'd have gotten this one by now. (The upload is not from anyone related to the band, but if anyone related to the band is reading this, I'm going to your concert in a couple months and I'll probably buy a t-shirt).
    Thing is, the uploaded is likely not getting the ad revenue.

These videos aren't being pulled, the money from ads is being split between the person contesting the video and google instead of the uploader and google.

Some cases, this is fair, Joe uploads an album that isn't his, he dosen't deserve a cent.

But if Guy uploads a video review, that's covered under fair use, and he does deserve his cut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Fucking hell. Angry Joe gets me going. FUCK YOU YOUTUBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Fucking hell. Angry Joe gets me going. FUCK YOU YOUTUBE.
    Yeah it's like a Francis video.. only he's really angry, it's not an act like it is with Francis. He has tears in his eyes at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard it's really only video game streamers being screwed over by this. It seems to be mostly the music copy rights they're getting caught with too, not the actual game footage, but the music in games has a separate copy right usually that can claim it. So avoiding that will be as simple as turning off the music I guess in games where you can, if this situation is not resolved that is.

And I got about 5 seconds into that rant video before I turned it off, can't listen to people that angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    The thing is that youtube have an automated system called Content ID match that goes byond what DMCA requires. The system is most likely automated and it is used to match media from an archive with media in a video. If there is a match then the video is automaticly flagged. However, for some reason, youtube seems to have made a blanked check on everything witch have flagged videos from youtubers that actually have the right to use the content. It looks like there wasn't any claims made by anyone, as many publishers such as Blizzard, Deep Sliver, Ubisoft, Capcom and more, have said that youtubers that have gotten videos containing content from these publishers flagged sould dispute the claim rigth away so that it can be removed as fast as possible.

If you have the time I would suggest watching this video as well. (I know it's long, but it's worth it.)
    This video is well worth it to fully understand the impact this is having. Most of the people in this video are big enough that they will be fine while it gets sorted out, but there are people who are not so lucky. The game companies are not doing this. In fact most have publicly come out and said they want this appealed. It hurts the game industry, this does not help anyone.