Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    Maybe they were busy already doing dungeons or doing something else, I don't remember very well. I also did not want to bother other people too much.

Content should be designed so that there is something for all players, and I am completely fine with 5-man heroics being for the people who are maybe not as dedicated or skilled at the game. There are still heroic/mythic raids, challenge modes, scenarios etc that can all be tuned to be challenging if need be.
    But the sad part is that back then heroics was not for the dedicated hardcore raider but for casual players as well. The only difference is that the way groups were formed and how much people cared for each other and how much they cared for themeselves to perform well and make a good name on the server. Casual = good player with not much time back then.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

'We’re focusing our efforts in polishing the Group Finder in order to make it as good as it can be, maximizing its potential from the very start.
    This is something we’ve learnt from the past, if the tool isn’t good enough from the very start or it’s not very accessible, it might lose its momentum, and once that happens it’s very hard to “jumpstart” it again. '

Yet you did just that. You added a service that has not properly been developed(raid browser). People do not even know it exists. Do you guys at blizzard even know that you talk out your asses? Mind blowing!

If you are one of the ones described as having trouble finding the raid browser, raiding isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    And once people wipe 50 times on heroic Warlords heroics and whine about how they are to hard for pug groups... they will nerf them and be boring again.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC heroics were played for the challenge by a lot of people. The timed events like in Shattered Halls were great putting a goal for your group to obtain after you have cleared it a lot already.

It would be interesting to see Heroics scale based on your iLevel.
    Also, reputation, when you reached revered you could buy at least valuable epic.
    Now, all you to do its buy a a crafted blue pvp items with a better a ilvl than a Revered item for 25g

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    If you are one of the ones described as having trouble finding the raid browser, raiding isn't for you.
    Thats why MMO Champion has to post how to find it on their front page? Please the majority of players do not know where it is and blizzard is so full of shit its not even funny.

'We dont want to make the same mistakes as the past.' Will you look at that we are literally talking out our asses... That is quite the feat! Blizzard seems to be quite good, epic at doing this.

Another thing, this idea that heroic dungeons need to become impossible again, is game throttling at its best. No one asks to make heroics more difficult in the beginning they ask to keep them challenging as our Ilvls go up so that we do not outgear the content.

Solution: As the game progresses, increase the heroic dungeon difficulty with a patch, add more and better gear to be won. Add a mythic lvl in the middle of the expansion.(People with a brain)

Another thing, kalgon or w/e the fuck it calls himself... It sounds like that dude fucks the game royally all the time and has his appointed lead dev take the damage... seems to be the case with GC maybe even Tigole from before but thats my take on the tweets I have been reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I'd actually love a return of challenging Heroics. Nothing is more satisfactory than knowing you're in a hostile environment that will brutally punish your mistakes but handling things without a hitch, or when shit hits the fan but you react and manage to get to grips with the situation before you wipe, that's when you know that you're good, when you know your team is good. It's like heroic raids but on a smaller scale.

I would say provide plenty of dungeons, say ten, and have the first on par with MoP Heroics and scale them up so that the last few are Grim Batol/Stonecore... Maybe even Shattered Halls or Shadow Labrynth. Honestly GB wasn't hard even in PuGs, as a DK tank at the time I'd just mark what needed to be CCd, deathgrip the first target to die, silence the casters to bring them closer, and burn everything down.

We need challenging heroics to teach people the basics, take a run through any LFR or RBG and watch people completely fail to appreciate crowd control, movement, positioning, cooldown useage or even their basic abilities.
    It's called challenge modes. Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    'We’re focusing our efforts in polishing the Group Finder in order to make it as good as it can be, maximizing its potential from the very start.
    This is something we’ve learnt from the past, if the tool isn’t good enough from the very start or it’s not very accessible, it might lose its momentum, and once that happens it’s very hard to “jumpstart” it again. '

Yet you did just that. You added a service that has not properly been developed(raid browser). People do not even know it exists. Do you guys at blizzard even know that you talk out your asses? Mind blowing!
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. They just released a broken half assed feature that they even say right off the bat they'll be REMOVING and giving us something else built from scratch. So people see this thing, that was there before btw and was a joke. And think wow, this thing is slightly better but still a joke, I'll pass. Then when wod comes out people will say oh they're messing around with that raid browser thing? Pass.

Should have just left it alone and left us with openraid/oqueue and unveil the thing in wod. It also won't help that the feature will be buried among all the other stuff going on with a new expansion. Also most will probably forget about it since they can't use it right away, they'll be leveling.

the same issues all expansions will arise because of gear inflation, gear inflation is what turned WoTLK heroics into cake walks. It was a far cry from my first heroics as a tank with sub 20k health compared to 40k health and the backing of 3k dps by the end.

Heroic dungeons don't need to be mindlessly difficult, what needs to be reigned in is gear. Besides if you want a real challenge I think that should be the domain of raiding. 5 mans, normal and heroic, should be kept full accessible to all players with heroic requiring some better coordination. If some players want challenges then go to challenge modes or high end raiding. The simple fact is, most of those boasting on these sites about wanting really difficult content are nothing more than water cooler hard cores. I never seem to be able to link them/their characters to any guilds pushing the envelope!

I'm amazed that my old PVP server still hasn't shown up on the connected realms list yet. Those other realms must be super-extremely-mega dead or something, because on my old server you do /who Stormwind you get maybe three people. You might see someone in trade chat every 30 minutes or so, looking for 2s team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you people are whining about with the group finder.. I used it for 4 of my toons so far and spent literally a minute in it each time to down celestials. It works...if you don't like it then don't use it. Can you imagine if half these crybabies played any other mmo without the gazillion features Blizzard has implemented? Their veins would be bursting out of their skin. Spoiled brat syndrome.

And about heroics...it's about time they put them back into the game. If they are too hard for you, then get better....I mean afterall isn't that half the fun in playing this game? Going up against hard shit and figuring out what needs to be done to overcome it? I understand everyone wants to be able to farm the shit out of content, but why does it have to be all content? If you aren't willing to overcome difficulty in a video game then you are doing everyone else a disservice. There's no thrill in content so easy that you don't even have to know anything about it.
    Last edited by Shaede; 2013-12-12 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I'm amazed that my old PVP server still hasn't shown up on the connected realms list yet. Those other realms must be super-extremely-mega dead or something, because on my old server you do /who Stormwind you get maybe three people. You might see someone in trade chat every 30 minutes or so, looking for 2s team.
    It's been a few months and still my server isn't on it... =(

Feels like the roll out is slow as heck, you figure by now it'd be fairly easy to just start pairing shit up and start doing it.

the browser sucks, oqueue is still better.

if heroics are to hard then just run regulars. I dont understand the complaining...casuals just want to do everything in the game with no effort, even if its the same dungeons. It used to be about seeing "content" and now they finally admit they just want the same gear as the big dogs without doing big dog activities.

Looks like Cata heroics taught them nothing, the entire reason they made MOP Dungeons so easy was because of the uproar that came from Cata heroics. They even said they lost A LOT of casual players because of how difficult the heroics were and HAD to nerf them. Now they are making them hard again, I find this hilarious. I'll be waiting to see how many more people they lose at the start of WoD, I'm almost betting the amount that return won't be enough to cover for the amount lost from that. Either way won't effect me because I rarely run dungeons, after I'm max level.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-12-12 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    As am I with my old RP server which consistently rates as LOW population at all times I see it. Stormwind had similar issues as to what you give on your PvP server. Even the coalesced realm leaves Goldshire empty whereas on my current PvE server Goldshire is so heavily populated that you nearly line up for some quests to get them done. That and all the duels going on makes for a very alive feeling game.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    opening FCM from dead side of full realms - just brilliant now the ratio will be 100% on those with not allience or no horde dead side at all -_-
    Did you even read correctly before commenting? Unless I suddenly am blind, they are NOT opening FCM from dead sides, they're opening them from alive sides, as in, horde people from draenor or ally people from silvermoon -> transfer to those other realms. Doubt this will work cause those servers are still ghost towns compared to draenor for horde and silvermoon for ally, but the point was correcting you, this is not the dead side they're offering migrations to, it's the dominant side.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post

You realize that's been there since WotLK?

Raid browser isn't going to touch the future RaidPUG tool.

Once that tool is live anyone who "/2 LF Flex 2" they are going to get "STFU use Raid tool." It will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Did you even read correctly before commenting? Unless I suddenly am blind, they are NOT opening FCM from dead sides, they're opening them from alive sides, as in, horde people from draenor or ally people from silvermoon -> transfer to those other realms. Doubt this will work cause those servers are still ghost towns compared to draenor for horde and silvermoon for ally, but the point was correcting you, this is not the dead side they're offering migrations to, it's the dominant side.
    ye ye i misread it but im to lazy to correct myself

(PvP) Lightning’s Blade and Karazhan

I don't see a point in this, one has 300 population, the other has 100. So, now it's a 400 population realm? What am I missing? They need to connect 15 of these together to make it a live realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Actually, its worse, they are opening FCM from Draenor EU ALLIANCE to Magtheridon EU as well which is a joke since the Alliance on Draenor EU is already so low pop.
    This does not make any sense to me.