Battle.net - Remove Authenticator - Not Working ?

G'day

I am 'trying' to return to WoW however I must of lost my Authenticator because the one I have doesn't seem to be 'connecting' or 'working' just keeps saying I cannot login...so I went to the 'Remove Authenticator' and every time I try it keeps giving me the same page "We'll Be Back Soon!", but it has done so for more then the past 24hours....

I don't believe the server is down since it has been more then 24hours...I have cleared my browsers cache with nothing changing...any ideas ?

Is it Blizzard or My PC ?

Cheers for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    To remove the authenticator through the website you need the authenticator... to authenticate the authorization of the removal of the authenticator.
    To get a non working authenticator removed, call Blizzard customer service. Have your email address and password and as many proofs of ownership of the account ready, this includes the CD keys for ALL expansions you have linked with that account.

Of course, I might be wrong, because I was up all night and those cute little butterflies that are fluttering around my head are quite distracting.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
    To remove the authenticator through the website you need the authenticator... to authenticate the authorization of the removal of the authenticator.
    To get a non working authenticator removed, call Blizzard customer service. Have your email address and password and as many proofs of ownership of the account ready, this includes the CD keys for ALL expansions you have linked with that account.

Of course, I might be wrong, because I was up all night and those cute little butterflies that are fluttering around my head are quite distracting.
    Would seem strange to have this option even there then....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 2-factor authenticators rely on synchronized timekeeping between the authenticating device (fob or mobile phone) and the authenticating server. The fob there is nothing you can do about. If it gets too far out of sync (might take a lapse in logins of several months or more) Customer Service has to get involved. The mobile phone, if it's out of sync by a couple of minutes or more, won't work.

Of course if you have the wrong authenticating device it won't work ever.

I'm not sure exactly what OP's issue is though. Is there a possibility OP has mixed his fob up with someone else's? Wouldn't you tend to know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The 2-factor authenticators rely on synchronized timekeeping between the authenticating device (fob or mobile phone) and the authenticating server. The fob there is nothing you can do about. If it gets too far out of sync (might take a lapse in logins of several months or more) Customer Service has to get involved. The mobile phone, if it's out of sync by a couple of minutes or more, won't work.

Of course if you have the wrong authenticating device it won't work ever.

I'm not sure exactly what OP's issue is though. Is there a possibility OP has mixed his fob up with someone else's? Wouldn't you tend to know that?
    The problem is that once I go through the process of the "I lost my authenticator and I want to remove it from my account." I been getting the same following screen for over the past 24hrs "We'll Be Back Soon!"

Deleted
    You can call them if you can provide with some id etc. My authenticator ran out of battery, so I called them and had it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    You can call them if you can provide with some id etc. My authenticator ran out of battery, so I called them and had it removed.
    Sounds like the best option...

Hi Spoogles, we're currently addressing an issue with Battle.net that was not allowing folks to submit the request. With that said, you should be able to access the web chat in the bottom right-hand corner of this page. If you continue to run into any difficulties with that, please PM me. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when does blizzard have offical posters on MMOC?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    They know my Wrath ..... haha nah but that's pritty nice of him/her/it o.O

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Araxom has been lurking/posting here for a long time.

Like Araxom said, that site it broke.

You have to go through the link Spoogles posted. I had to do this last week. I eventually ended up having to attach a scan of my drivers license to prove it was me, but the authenticator was removed by the end of the day. I was pretty impressed actually.