Hunter returning to WoW soon, what have I missed?

Hey guys just looking for some info mainly raiding wise of what's been going on with hunters. I quit pretty early into 5.3 I was 2/12H at the time playing BM main spec SV off spec. Obviously I have a ton of gear catching up to do as well

Rogerbrown and Pottm have written a hunter guide, most of what you want to know should be in there. I'd post a link but can't, googleing Rogerbown hunter guide should get you there. There is also a sticky thread in this forum if you want boss specific information.

Not a ton has changed between then and now, honestly. We got some buffs and some nerfs, but nothing that will drastically change your rotation- Readiness did get removed, but CDs on abilities have been shortened and Stampede pretty significantly buffed. Really that just alters our opener and nothing else. MM is still a little behind, I think, BM and Surv are pretty equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Not a ton has changed between then and now, honestly. We got some buffs and some nerfs, but nothing that will drastically change your rotation- Readiness did get removed, but CDs on abilities have been shortened and Stampede pretty significantly buffed. Really that just alters our opener and nothing else. MM is still a little behind, I think, BM and Surv are pretty equal.
    None of that is important though.

What is important is disengage being usable out of combat again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    None of that is important though.

That is an accurate statement.

Disregard everything else, acquire out of combat Disengage.

Best change ever.

In reflection, I really wish I could say "MM hunter is now top/viable." But I can't. And I'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    Rogerbrown and Pottm have written a hunter guide, most of what you want to know should be in there. I'd post a link but can't, googleing Rogerbown hunter guide should get you there. There is also a sticky thread in this forum if you want boss specific information.
    http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...P-Hunter-Guide

Believe it's good for BM/SV, which are the specs they mainly play.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    none of that is important though.

disengage everywhere!

Im on the same boat as this came back a couple weeks ago I quit during s9 OMG TRANSMOG IS SO MUCH FUN!