Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I am not sure what to consider myself sometimes I think there's no god others I believe there might be "god" but definitely not any of the deities worshiped by our religions so, im kinda like an on/off deist/atheist .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I am not sure what to consider myself sometimes I think there's no god others I believe there might be "god" but definitely not any of the deities worshiped by our religions so, im kinda like an on/off deist/atheist .
    Much closer to deist than anything, I'd say. You accept a decent probability of a god, but reject the idea that it's some master planner/father figure.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see a problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let them have it. Its only fair. I interested to see how irrational Christians and irrational atheist react. God forbid Muslims want a peace of it, though I don't Muslims put up statues and whatnots that often, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    You sound very unsure of yourself now. If you truly believe in an Atheist way, then you'd question even the love of your mother as well as other Atheists.
    There isn't an atheist way. No more than there is a "unicorn-denialist" way. Would all people who questioned the existence of Unicorns subscribe to the same life philosophies and live the same way? No they wouldn't. It's the same with atheism.

Skepticism isn't about invariably believing only when presented with adequate proof. It's not about keeping faith to an absolute minimum in every aspect of life. It's about keeping faith to a minimum where it's unreasonable to hold to it any more than that. I have 'faith' that a chair won't collapse on me when I sit on it because from my experience, chairs that faulty are extremely rare. I have faith my mother loves me, because no sane human would've made the sacrifices she's made for me otherwise. These are instances where faith is reasonable to hold. God, on the other hand? Not so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    P1 We cannot actually know anything with certainty.
    P2 We manage to function each day because we trust that the uncertainty will not come to fruition.
    C Ergo a very particular higher power exists.
    Sounds like theist logic. Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    P1 We cannot actually know anything with certainty.
    P2 We manage to function each day because we trust that the uncertainty will not come to fruition.
    C Ergo a very particular higher power exists.
    D1 We know this Power had a Son who Died for our sins in bronzeage Palestine.
    D2 This Power exists and Mohammed is his prophet
    D3-2000 ................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Sounds like theist logic. Yes.
    Very particular is an understatement for the complexity of theist believe systems and doesnt include the actual daily intervention of said power.
    C is Deist.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-14 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Very particular is an understatement for the complexity of theist believe systems and doesnt include the actual daily intervention of said power.
    C is Deist.
    Nixx is working from the only valid, testable premises theists offer. Nobody has ever been able to demonstrate actual deistic intervention, so those premises cannot be used.

However, the concept of universal uncertainty is well accepted, and that we function quite well despite that inherit uncertainty is obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Nixx is working from the only valid, testable premises theists offer. Nobody has ever been able to demonstrate actual deistic intervention, so those premises cannot be used.

However, the concept of universal uncertainty is well accepted, and that we function quite well despite that inherit uncertainty is obvious.
    C is the non sequitur.
    Thats why its not named P3
    C is is still not enough for the claims of Theists you have to add another step to build a complex believe system around it where this power listens to prayers does miracles and so forth.

Can we get some upvotes for the buddy christ? Just to stick it to both religious people and to athetists. Because it's a defamation of a religious character while still being religious. We get to upset everybody except those with a sense of humor.

Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Can we get some upvotes for the buddy christ? Just to stick it to both religious people and to athetists. Because it's a defamation of a religious character while still being religious. We get to upset everybody except those with a sense of humor.

[IMG]http://www.mbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Buddy+Christ-11.jpg[/IM]
    Carlin's buddy Christ is awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we please stop with the philosophy/theology and come up with even more crazy statues?

All hail Optimus!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Can we please stop with the philosophy/theology and come up with even more crazy statues?

All hail Optimus!
    I already suggested Tiamat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the conversation has basically turned into atheism vs various sects and bordering on flaming, again, I'm going to shut this down pre-emptively, since it isn't about the original story any more.