Quick Question - JP Farm

Hi guys, I just subbed for a month cause christmas season is boring, and I decided to grab tanking heirlooms for a tank toon, and since the last time I have played a couple of patches came out(I am aware of heirloom shield, my priority).

I'd like to ask you, were there any changes to Justice Points gain? Any quests, valor conversion or are you still sentenced to farm BG/Random Dungeons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Hi guys, I just subbed for a month cause christmas season is boring, and I decided to grab tanking heirlooms for a tank toon, and since the last time I have played a couple of patches came out(I am aware of heirloom shield, my priority).

I'd like to ask you, were there any changes to Justice Points gain? Any quests, valor conversion or are you still sentenced to farm BG/Random Dungeons?
    The conversion from honor to JPs became less favorable (50% now). But at some point they increased the amount of JPs you get from PVE from what it was at launch of MoP, so you get a healthy amount now from both dungeons and I think scenarios.

I still find Wintergrasp and Tol Barad a decent source of JPs (via honour), at least once a week for the quests. But I would not grind BGs (except AV weekends).

I would get the tank shield but if you have dps plate heirlooms, I would hold off on tank plate. It's not needed now - leveling dungeons do only light damage. I suppose warriors and DKs might like the avoidance but for the dps (palas won't) but avoidance will disappear with WoD. I am not sure how they will differentiate tank from dps plate heirlooms in WoD. I suppose if it has extra armor, it would be nice.

If you don't have dps plate heirlooms, I'd prioritise that over tank heirlooms as it's more versatile - useful for either spec.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    The conversion from honor to JPs became less favorable (50% now). But at some point they increased the amount of JPs you get from PVE from what it was at launch of MoP, so you get a healthy amount now from both dungeons and I think scenarios.

I still find Wintergrasp and Tol Barad a decent source of JPs (via honour), at least once a week for the quests. But I would not grind BGs (except AV weekends).

I would get the tank shield but if you have dps plate heirlooms, I would hold off on tank plate. It's not needed now - leveling dungeons do only light damage. I suppose warriors and DKs might like the avoidance but for the dps (palas won't) but avoidance will disappear with WoD. I am not sure how they will differentiate tank from dps plate heirlooms in WoD. I suppose if it has extra armor, it would be nice.

If you don't have dps plate heirlooms, I'd prioritise that over tank heirlooms as it's more versatile - useful for either spec.
    Thanks for you in-depth response. I used to have literally ALL heirlooms once but I am starting on a fresh account with just 1 level 90 character. I got some agi leather parts so I'm going to use them for exp, I just really want to get that 1h/shield setup ASAP as I always disliked having to look for a shield upgrade while leveling as tank.