Add-on for floating healing combat text on target w/o overheals

I love to cast a Divine Star and just see all that green text appear above peoples' head but frankly I just want to show the actualy heals+shields and not the overheals and I can't find that setup in the costum WoW interface, so I wonder if there's an add-on that satisfies my needs?

I believe Mik's scrolling combat text does exactly what you're after.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mik-...ng-battle-text

I have not healed in quite some time, but I'm almost certain it can be setup to do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I believe Mik's scrolling combat text does exactly what you're after.

I have not healed in quite some time, but I'm almost certain it can be setup to do what you want.
    I can't seem to find any settings on MSBT that enables scrolling text on targets at all.

Hmmm, I was thinking it did that on my priest. Let me look around then.

the only thing addons can alter about the floating combat text that the default UI can't change is the font.

if you can't fix it with the default options you either need to give up the spacial aspect (use an addon that displays the information you want, but not above other units' heads) or admit defeat.

There are no means for addons to display it above individual targets, something only accessible to the default UI.
    Only the options in the default UI, and changes to the font cant be made but nothing else that I am aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeah, I just looked and on my laptop I use default combat text with no add on and it shows only actual heals or puts up the number with the word absorb next to it.

On a similar note; whilst unit frames can show incoming damage/heals as a red/green number, is it impossible to do so on a nameplate with a higher position as such it appears to float above the varying mobs/players?

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    On a similar note; whilst unit frames can show incoming damage/heals as a red/green number, is it impossible to do so on a nameplate with a higher position as such it appears to float above the varying mobs/players?
    Once you've targeted or moused over that nameplate, it's possible until the nameplate disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    I think there are other issues which prevent it being done from nameplates.
    Saw a forum thread a long while back, maybe on Wowinterface that discussed attempts to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.