Esseless program crash.

Hey, all! I have a question...
    Whenever I play esseless (or the other starter instance, forgot the name), my SWTOR simply drops out during the final conversation. The only way to solve this? Come back online and wait until the other players are done with the conversation. Restarting the conversation just kicks me out again. It's really rather annoying, since I also like soloing this place for alt drops, light/dark points and legacy xp, but aside from that: I really dislike putting my team through this kind of stuff.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Is is a common problem? Does anyone know how I can fix it?

In any case: Thanks for reading.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hey, all! I have a question...
    Whenever I play esseless (or the other starter instance, forgot the name), my SWTOR simply drops out during the final conversation. The only way to solve this? Come back online and wait until the other players are done with the conversation. Restarting the conversation just kicks me out again. It's really rather annoying, since I also like soloing this place for alt drops, light/dark points and legacy xp, but aside from that: I really dislike putting my team through this kind of stuff.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Is is a common problem? Does anyone know how I can fix it?

In any case: Thanks for reading.

This is a bug that has been there since launch. Not sure if there is any fix other than trying to rejoin as fast as you can.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This is a bug that has been there since launch. Not sure if there is any fix other than trying to rejoin as fast as you can.
    Right-o; thanks.
    By the way: Your avatar is the cutest thing.

Deleted
    Yeah its a known frustrating bug....it only affects me in Esseless but not Black Talon though.

Minimizing the game for that last convo usually works for me, though some people have had no luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens to me in Black Talon as well as Esseles. Yeah, its been there since launch. Fortunately your mission still completes when you log back in, but its still a PITA.

I didn't notice at launch, pretty sure it came with one of the big patches mid-first year, along with some memory leaks causing general crashes ... haven't been to BT/Ess in a long time, but haven't had the other crashes for some time (maybe it was RotHC that fixed it?).

the jump to lightspeed or whatever is where I crash every time, wife did as well; had a friend who I think didn't. It is odd how it can affect some and not others (or one instance and not other?)

There must be a setting somewhere, either through console/editing the files, in game, or through gpu that affects this if some people are getting away without crashes.

This happens to me in Essels, BT and now boarding party right at the begining!

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont think ive had this issue before but i havent done those instances in a while so i'm not sure if it would do this now for me or not.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    I didn't notice at launch, pretty sure it came with one of the big patches mid-first year, along with some memory leaks causing general crashes ... haven't been to BT/Ess in a long time, but haven't had the other crashes for some time (maybe it was RotHC that fixed it?).

the jump to lightspeed or whatever is where I crash every time, wife did as well; had a friend who I think didn't. It is odd how it can affect some and not others (or one instance and not other?)

There must be a setting somewhere, either through console/editing the files, in game, or through gpu that affects this if some people are getting away without crashes.

It's not something that effected everyone. I have never crashed there myself. I have seen many others crash then though.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I crash at the end of this and Black Talon every single time

For me it only happened during the last cutscene, only work around I found seems to be skipping it.
    I'm not talking about the conversation here, just the part where you " fly away".

The crash seems to happen any time a flashpoint has a hyperspace animation. The only thing I've found that works is going into windowed mode (I usually play fullscreen windowed) and minimizing it until the animation is done. Having background sound enabled helps with this as it'll give you audible cues of when it's safe to go back into the game.

Alt tab out of the game helps. The game doesn't crash then.