Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Every Garrosh pug I've seen fail simply did not have the DPS that could comprehend how to deal with adds or with MCs.

That's not a gear problem.

Every garosh flex pugs in which i killed him did it only cause half of team were doin 300k+ dps (cause they were hc raiders or really highly geared hc raiders alts ) and killed him before things went to shit and too many people got mced etc etc - all of runs which didnt have peopel doing those numbers were failining horribly to the point that i stoped even look for such pug on openraid not even mention oq - it wasnt worth for me to look for 10 hours join like 10-15 failed runs for a very small chance of loom -_- all i mean by this is that if something requires to have in group people who are 2 difficulty higher in reality skillwise is frikin overtuned for that difficulty peopel that its addresing

No, even Flex Garrosh shouldn't be something that a partly coordinated group with lower-end performance can down without a lot of work or a few ringers. It just doesn't feel right.

Flex is supposed to be for casual raiders. Casual meaning time to dedicate to raiding, not a lack of coordinating and ability to learn how to play out the fight.

If you want faceroll raiding, go to LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I think Garrosh is overtuned on both normal and flex. IMO, the time between empowered whirling add spawn and mindcontrol should be 20 seconds, that is where most of the Flex runs I've been in failed.
    His mechanics are not really difficult. He's just a brutal gear check compared to the first 13 bosses. But most pugs have the gear but lack the skill.

Most wipes I see occur near the end of p3 sub 10% because morons start ignoring mechanics and tunneling the boss.

no this is not lfr stop looking for free purples. You should have to wipe on him to get gear with a pug. This game is too damn easy as it is and post like this only sway the devs to drop the difficulty even more.

Personally, I've not had too many issues with him on Flex in pugs. Results may vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really isnt, just have the leader call out where ranged go next during phase 2, and call out mcs in P3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I will however avoid any more SoO 4-3-2-1 wing groups in Open Raid, they have a grand ideal of one shotting wing 4 and working their way back to wing 1 in a 3 hour session but the reality is that they always end up face smashing on Garrosh and it turns into a SoO 4.66% run.
    Thats silly. I run 3-4-2-1 because that way most of my people from my main heroic raid are logged on to help with the Garrosh fight cause they want a chance for BOA weapons for their alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should good heals so that you can stack all desecrated weapons on the boss and not spread out before 2nd intermission

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Flex isn't aimed at unorganised groups.

A pug can either be an unorganised group, OR, an organised group.

If a pug is organised you wont have any issues with Garrosh. If its 10-25 people just randomly doing stuff without any tactics/assignments whatsoever, you will fail. Simple as that really. Thats what LFR is for.
    Pretty much this, Blizz said Flex was aimed at groups that ARE organized, consistent, accountable to each other and focused. If you're saying a fight on Flex may be pretty challenging for Pugs, I think Blizz would say that's the point.

I don't have the blue post where they said it, but they said that Flex was aimed at groups that would otherwise be normal but can't keep a consistent roster, and NOT at pugs, but they recognized pugs would of course be running it. To clarify what I'm talking about, they wanted there to be a level of actual progression in Flex, and the same group should be able to go at it week after week and NOT finish it.

I don't think they necessarily succeeded, but that was the idea, that you could have a group that would be progressing in Flex mode. My guess is they'll do a better job of it next xpac, cuz now Flex does seem to be the place for pugs.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Yeah, I think it is. If they are going to make it that difficult they should at least make paragons and siegecrafter about the same difficulty. The increase is way too high going from paragons -> garrosh imo.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    as always it depends on the pugs themselves, pugs on my server down heroic garrosh on a regular basis.
    rofl yeah right, what server is this then??
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Its not difficult or overtuned at all, its just that the 13 previous bosses are undertuned. That makes Garrosh feel too hard for the people that killed the earlier bosses while watching tv and mashing buttons. Garrosh pretty much needs full focus all fight, like it should on every boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    rofl yeah right, what server is this then??
    Some heroic raiders call a raid with half the people from top 2 guild, and the other half from top 1 guild a PuG.

15+ Year Old Account
    He is tuned fine, people fail cause they think that high dps=LOL FREE LOOT, but when it involves interupting, A LOT OF people( trade pugs 99% of the time) fail
    He is is the expansion end boss, what did u expect?

I didt wanted to say it, but im gonna say it anyway
    L2P issue
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    His mechanics are not really difficult. He's just a brutal gear check compared to the first 13 bosses. But most pugs have the gear but lack the skill.

Most wipes I see occur near the end of p3 sub 10% because morons start ignoring mechanics and tunneling the boss.
    He's not really a gearcheck. You have a good long time to deal with him. It's just a skill check.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Some heroic raiders call a raid with half the people from top 2 guild, and the other half from top 1 guild a PuG.
    Some HC raiders don't know what a pug is then. It's one you randomly picked up, without any real idea about them. Taking raiders from no. 2. guild on the server isn't puggies.
    I grant that some tend to call whichever that isn't in the main group, pugs, but doesn't mean that "pugs clear garrosh hc" :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flex is not meant for appropriately-geared pugs. Flex is meant for appropriately-geared coordinated groups.

If it's too hard for pugs that need the gear then it's working as intended.

just only invite people 550+ you'll one shot garrosh almost everytime. it's what i do every week

Deleted
    Flex garrosh is tuned for around 530ish item level so if you're bringing 520 people, you can expect to struggle. Reason why peope always ask for 540 and over for garrosh flex.

My first impression of Garrosh Flex is that he is under tuned. I have a total of 3 tries on him and downed him on the 3rd, that is without reading tacts (only done lfr 2 times), the tacts is purely simple and very easy to get a hand on. My gear is 537 and i was top 3 dps throughout the whole encounter (we were going with 2x tanks, 3x healers and 7-8x dps).

The impression I've got from flex in general is that its quite under tuned in general. Maybe I'm too used to the normal difficulty from previous tiers (took a break during 75% of MoP).

Edit: It was a PuG and no guild-run in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I have with flex garrosh is the tank damage, actually the tank damage for the horde only trash before siegecrafter is way too high as well considering someone always pulls the second group at the start without knowing about the stacking damage buff they have. Whats more annoying is horde have to do this trash twice.