So I'm fairly new to shadowpriest and I got a few = questions:
- Refresh VT and SW:P when they're on 1 second or when they're completely off ?
- Should I reply dots when my haste and/or int trinket procs?
- Should I use Halo on a single target and should I use it everytime it's off cd ?
- Do both the SW's take prio over everything else or just the first one because of an orb?
- Should I stop mindflay to cast MB if I'm able to?
1- Just look at ur casting speed, and make sure you are going to hit it when they are about to fall off.When i have like 5 or 4 seconds left and I have my 3 orbs ready I might redot just to have everything rolling at the same time)
2-Just follow your normal rotation, and redot stuff when your procs are going to fall off, so you get the best damage out of your dots.(full duration just before the procs lets you have them do damage as if you had the trinket)
3-Personally I dont use halo, isn't cascade better for pve?, i am using Divine Star, haven't specced after it with the nerf.
4- Insanity? the icon fucks it up. I am getting 3 full mindflays off while Dp is active, when a procs comes up My insanity takes prio fer sure.
5- Depends , but mostly yea (dispels etc)
pve version might be different to the maximum uptime on some of your spells, hope this helped abit.
1) Refresh before they fall off.
2) Depends on how strong the procs are. Affdots is a good tool to track those types of things.
3) Use Halo on CD unless there are moments during the fight with a lot of adds(I.E Dark Shaman/Nazgrim). Be sure to be at optimal range if you can as well.
4) Shadow Word: Death becomes priority when it's available, even over Mind Flay: Insanity. And yes, double tap it.
5) Mind Blast on CD is always priority, even during Insanity.
Take a look at an addon called HaloPro. Optimal range is 25 yards. Damage will decrease at shorter or longer ranges.
If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.