Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tales of Zestiria Announced!

Tales of Zestiria has been announced as the 15th game in the 'Tales of' series! Will be releasing in both Japan and the West on PS3! The game is going back to the fantasy roots of the franchise and will be all about dragons!

Official Announce Trailer

Source from IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...f12f8316000009
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2013-12-14 at 07:58 AM. Reason: New Video Inserted
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    Tales of Zestiria has been announced as the 15th game in the 'Tales of' series! Will be releasing in both Japan and the West! The game is going back to the fantasy roots of the franchise and will be all about dragons!

Official Announce Trailer
    -snip-

Source from IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...f12f8316000009
    Is this game related to Tales of Symphonia? because Symphonia rocked and i wonder if they are bringing that back around again.

Well, looks like I'm getting a ps3. Was gonna wait for ps4 for destiny, but we'll see

And yes tales games are of the same genre.

By the look of the characters I would place bets its not related as far as the story goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Is this game related to Tales of Symphonia? because Symphonia rocked and i wonder if they are bringing that back around again.
    By one of the interviews, it's an all new story
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this looks awesome! Looks like they made the game a hell of a lot bigger compared to the other Tales games and looks like you can now fight in an open field rather than being confined in a small space. Or maybe they just made the battle area bigger too idk. Looks like it's going to be yet another awesome Tales game which is also going to be on the PS3 too which I love because I don't have a PS4 yet nor do I plan on getting it anytime soon.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    man more games with so little time to play, well either way looking forward to it, also aiming straight for a collectors edition, im still after a pc version namco bandai !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to give up my PS3 but now I have another reason not to

Deleted
    gah i just want to play on a 2560x1080 resolution instead :P, that and i really cba switching from one format to another, getting tiresome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    gah i just want to play on a 2560x1080 resolution instead :P, that and i really cba switching from one format to another, getting tiresome
    That would look amazing

Deleted
    now just waiting for them to do it..., mean im willing to throw money at them (assuming they do a good job at making a pc version which highly doubt it sadly)

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the two second clip the battle system looks similar to Graces. That's good.

Open world RPG? Check
    High fantasy setting? Check
    Dragons?! Check

Tales of Skyrim
    Can't frikkin wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauve View Post
    Open world RPG? Check
    High fantasy setting? Check
    Dragons?! Check

Tales of Skyrim
    Can't frikkin wait
    I'm really excited about it being open world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are companies still clinging to previous gen systems. Pretty sad this isn't coming to PS4
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been fan of Tales series. Damn this is so exciting can't wait !

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why are companies still clinging to previous gen systems. Pretty sad this isn't coming to PS4
    Easier and cheaper to develop for and more people will buy it because at release there will still be more PS3s out there than PS4s.

Deleted
    well thats not techically true, selling to 1 format is the biggest restriction you can give yourself, selling to all formats yields the best profits, why they havent done this i dont know, SE have moved to multi platform to a degree now as they have realised you cant sell to 1 format all the time.
    think the question was, why wasnt also being released for the ps4 on top of the ps3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is coming out in February, which is an HD version of the ps2 version(which had new content) of Symphonia, and it comes with Dawn of the New World (I don't care what you guys think, I liked it). Chronicles also has some DLC costumes from Xillia and maybe Vesperia from what I could tell.

For the other guy, wouldn't this also be on sale on the playstation store, thus being able to buy and play it from your ps4? I only have a ps3, and one can still buy and play older PS games via the store, so I imagine this would be no different?

Anyway, mega hype for this game. Looks like it'll be one of the best Tales games yet.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Easier and cheaper to develop for and more people will buy it because at release there will still be more PS3s out there than PS4s.
    Pretty much this. As long as the JRPG genre continues to be on the PS3, I'll continue to use my PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    New video showing off the characters
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.