Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    Actually, you can.

First, you "thin the herd". Bush did this after invading Iraq. Yes, I know the official story was WMD, but that was never why we went into Iraq. That was an excuse to justify going in. The real reason we invaded Iraq was to change the battlefield. On September 11th, 2001 the battlefield for this war became any US city against any US civilian. The only deciding factor on when the next attack would happen was how hard it would be to get more terrorists in place in the US and equipped. But we moved the battlefield and the target by invading Iraq. Now, instead of unarmed civilians in US cities being the target, it was well trained heavily armed US soldiers in Iraq, and instead of needing lots of logistics and planning to attack civilians in the US, a bunch of dudes could hop in an old truck anywhere in the Middle East and drive to Iraq to try their hands at killing Americans. It is estimated (I don't have a link) that 750,000 young muslim men grabbed their guns, headed to Iraq to kill Americans, and died trying. I believe Dick Cheney referred to this as "draining the swamp" - AKA drastically reducing the recruiting pool of potential terrorists.

Second, you change the culture from which potential terrorists are recruited. Where do they come from? Almost exclusively from the multitude of dictatorships in the Middle East and North Africa. And what have we seen happen in the 12 years since? Muslim nation after muslim nation either peacefully or through revolution seek to overthrow their leaders-for-life and install new, elected governments. And what is the other result from this? They're usually now too busy fighting each other to worry about America.
    Oh god...
    You mean Iraq, Libya and Syria. Yes you're right. Focus recruiting areas of international terrorism. *facepalm*

You fight terrorism by not allowing ignorance, poverty and hopelessness to spread. Bombing someone back to the middle age would only prove he is right in wanting your kids to die.

Faith in humanity -10k
    This thread is toxic.

The crippled logic of people defending this actions is simply mind-blowing.

The western world took a wrong turn on 9/11; the US shouldn't forget it, but the war on terrorists is uncomparable worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Oh god...
    You mean Iraq, Libya and Syria. Yes you're right. Focus recruiting areas of international terrorism. *facepalm*

You fight terrorism by not allowing ignorance, poverty and hopelessness to spread. Bombing someone back to the middle age would only prove he is right in wanting your kids to die.

Faith in humanity -10k
    This thread is toxic.
    I'm finding most discussions of the War on Terra, spying, and civil rights in the America go toxic lately. I can't tell if it's because of government sock-puppets or general apathy from the U.S. turning in to an inverted totalitarian state. Could be both at once, I suppose.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2013-12-14 at 12:23 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm finding most discussions of the War on Terra, spying, and civil rights in the America go toxic lately. I can't tell if it's because of government sock-puppets or general apathy from the U.S. turning in to an inverted totalitarian state. Could be both at once, I suppose.
    I thought it couldn't happen any more, but I'm actually baffled at the "sock puppet" program.

Centcom said it was not targeting any US-based web sites, in English or any other language, and specifically said it was not targeting Facebook or Twitter.
    Why do I doubt that's true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Disgusting, sort your fucking government out.
    Yeh it's not going to be that easy I'm afraid.
    Rampant corporativism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    By that logic you should be bombing Saudi Arabia, not Yemen.

Fact 15 of the 19 Hijackers of the 9/11 attacks were Saudis. Osama bin Laden was Saudi. The entire operation was financed by Saudis. Al Qaeda has its ideological and financial base in Saudi Arabia. Sunnis who make up the majority of fundamental Islamic terrorists are based in Saudi Arabia. Most of Al Qaeda's donations come from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

But we are occupying Afghanistan, invaded Iraq, bombing Pakistan and Yemen.

Yes... can't you smell the bullshit too?
    Please dont forget the most Important thing in this "War against Terror" .. its a self-made War

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    By that logic you should be bombing Saudi Arabia, not Yemen.

Fact 15 of the 19 Hijackers of the 9/11 attacks were Saudis. Osama bin Laden was Saudi. The entire operation was financed by Saudis. Al Qaeda has its ideological and financial base in Saudi Arabia. Sunnis who make up the majority of fundamental Islamic terrorists are based in Saudi Arabia. Most of Al Qaeda's donations come from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

But we are occupying Afghanistan, invaded Iraq, bombing Pakistan and Yemen.

Yes... can't you smell the bullshit too?
    Where someone comes from, and where they currently reside or two totally different things. Let's say I was born in Nevada, and I'm a terrorist, but I live in New York, should my enemies bomb the fuck out of Nevada?

Deleted
    If your country harbors terrorists then there may unfortunately be some unintended consequences
    The local population should man up and out suspicious activity so the terrorists can be identified and targeted easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    If your country harbors terrorists then there may unfortunately be some unintended consequences.
    A dirt poor unstable country is the to blame?
    US foreign policies making a sequal to the Wedding Singer, Wedding Striker - soundtrack Spears Ops I did it again.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If we lose all of our constitutional rights fighting the war on terror, isnt terrorism winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzubaa View Post
    The local population should man up and out suspicious activity so the terrorists can be identified and targeted easier.
    Yeah, lets just out them terrorists that probably control local authorities and will murder my entire family.

No wait, you want to fight terrorists YOU take the responsibility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzubaa View Post
    The irony of saying man up when the US armed forces/CIA doesnt man up to fight with anything but a joystick half across the earth
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Look at the Middle east now and when it was part of the ottoman empire there was peace there after the fall of the empire it was in a constant state of destruction/psychos and other shit so they kind of deserved it because they betrayed the ottoman empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    A dirt poor unstable country is the to blame?
    US foreign policies making a sequal to the Wedding Singer, Wedding Striker - soundtrack Spears Ops I did it again.
    If their dictators had spent the last 50 years investing in infrastructure and public education, and allowed free enterprise, instead of spending their nation's wealth on personal palaces and their own comfort, none of these countries would be "dirt poor." Even Afghanistan could be a relatively wealthy nation with its vast natural resources.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ho long do you guys think the War on Terror is going to last? I think for a long while now because it doesn't seem like any ground is being made in this campaign. We look like devils in the face of anyone that doesn't know the situation so of course people are going to be upset and want to take up arms, I mean that's just human emotion. Of course the government can't handle it themselves over there, they seem to not have the resources capable or maybe they just rely on the technological superpower to do their dirty work for them resulting in human error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurnor View Post
    Look at the Middle east now and when it was part of the ottoman empire there was peace there after the fall of the empire it was in a constant state of destruction/psychos and other shit so they kind of deserved it because they betrayed the ottoman empire.
    This is England's fault. They intentionally split the Ottoman empire up in ways that would ensure long term disputes and turmoil. Like splitting up the Kurds among three different countries (Iran, Iraq, and Turkey). They did this all across the old Ottoman empire on purpose.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    This is England's fault. They intentionally split the Ottoman empire up in ways that would ensure long term disputes and turmoil. Like splitting up the Kurds among three different countries (Iran, Iraq, and Turkey). They did this all across the old Ottoman empire on purpose.
    The only split point of the kurds is Iraq and Syria the turkish Army defended the south-eastern parts.
    Also it isnt only the fault of england they were just the ones asking but the Arabs lways wanted that because they disliked the ottomans so its primarly their fault.