Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Mastery>Crit>Haste versus Mastery>Haste>Crit

    Everything I've read says the dps is pretty close, so wouldn't it make sense to take haste so you can get one more possible cast off?

    Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    Everything I've read says the dps is pretty close, so wouldn't it make sense to take haste so you can get one more possible cast off?

    Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?
    Haste single target, mastery aoe.

    /thread.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Haste single target, mastery aoe.

    /thread.
    The choice was crit or haste behind mastery.

  4. #4
    Personal preference, haste is more consistent for ember generation and overall dmg because of it. Crit will be a bit more spikey as crit always is since more crits on a pull will mean more chaosbolts that will do more damage than a haste build.

    I've done both plenty, but having incinerate wildly under gcd cap all the time irritates me and playing the whole reactive use of backdraft based on procs and or bloodlust which meant sometimes holding conflag and other times using backdraft on chaosbolts wasn't really fun to me so I just went crit.

    There really is no tangible difference between the two that you'll be able to see outside of the margin of error so just do whatever feels right.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Personal preference, haste is more consistent for ember generation and overall dmg because of it. Crit will be a bit more spikey as crit always is since more crits on a pull will mean more chaosbolts that will do more damage than a haste build.

    I've done both plenty, but having incinerate wildly under gcd cap all the time irritates me and playing the whole reactive use of backdraft based on procs and or bloodlust which meant sometimes holding conflag and other times using backdraft on chaosbolts wasn't really fun to me so I just went crit.

    There really is no tangible difference between the two that you'll be able to see outside of the margin of error so just do whatever feels right.
    Pretty much this except I don't mind holding conflags/backdrafts on meta procs and during lust/berserking or using them for CB when conflag caps

    But yea pretty much personal preference for destro.

    That being said, if you switch between destro/aff (or destro/demo) like me you pretty much want to go the haste build. I play 7 fights on Aff and 7 on destro so if you don't feel like reforging constantly crit is a no-no and you should just go for mastery > haste to 10124 > crit.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Deyana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifey View Post
    I play 7 fights on Aff and 7 on destro so if you don't feel like reforging constantly crit is a no-no and you should just go for mastery > haste to 10124 > crit.
    This is pretty much the way to go. I'm a bit below that in haste because I was ignoring haste items but soon I will have that breakpoint. It's a nice one for destruction because it gives Immolate another tick (doesn't matter much but a nice little bonus anyway), your backdrafted and raidbuffed Incinerates will not be GCD capped and at heroic gear level (I'm 568 now) you'll have a nice balance of haste and crit.
    But to answer the OP: I changed from crit to haste lately because I heard haste will be better than crit on multitarget and vice versa. Guess what? Haste was better on multitarget and vice versa. Meaning my singletarget dropped a bit, but I might've been just unlucky there because simcraft puts them very close.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Haste single target, crit aoe.

    /thread.
    If you plan on swapping between aff and destro though Haste is much better then crit. You just reforge everything to mastery where you can and then whatever is left over you put into haste assuming you are hit capped or close to it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Haste single target, mastery aoe.

    /thread.
    Even if he had crit there, this statement would be wrong. It's haste > aoe and crit > single target. But there aren't too many single target fights this expansion plus most people play one of the other specs which haste is both better for. But like everyone has said, it is personal preference b/c there isn't much between the 2 dps wise in the higher item levels.

  9. #9
    Personal preference as the difference is minimal, as has been mentioned above.

    If you are looking for a pure min-max build, I'm fairly certain that crit parses on average like ~.5-1% higher. However you are tied a lot more to RNG, so you will have pulls where you do amazing numbers, then the next pull will be shit. I personally prefer the consistency of Haste!

  10. #10
    I'd recomend to make full mastery build as much as u can get then try switch for 1 week hm>h>crit then 2week m>c>h and then try m>c=h decide which is greater

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire JV Chequer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    449
    I don't like being under GCD when cast incinerate so I goes for m > crit > haste build
    Chequer@Azralon - 14/14H - Ilvl 587 - Sexyness 9000+
    Pro-Raiders
    Warcraft Logs

  12. #12
    it is definately a personal preferance, as many here have said, i dont like the fact that it is so easy to get your incinerate below the gcd which is very easy with the LMGm with backdraft and LMG you're basically under the gcd, so i prefer staying a bit more crit based. my approach is that crit kills the bosses, haste kills the adds, so i try to stick with a more balanced build sitting at 6-6,6k crit and haste respectively and im getting very good results with it so far. M>c=h is definately the way to go.

  13. #13
    I would say get enough haste that you can run demo or affliction on fights where destro isn't ideal. Immerseus HC and Sha HC are good examples of where Demo is better than destro IMO. Like someone said earlier, stacking too much haste brings you under gcd cap for Incinerate which is a pure DPS loss. 8097 (demo haste cap) or 9778 (one of afflictions haste caps) is what you should aim for. Going for the 13k haste cap for affliction will result in a dps loss for destro as you'd have to sacrifice mastery for haste.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire JV Chequer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I would say get enough haste that you can run demo or affliction on fights where destro isn't ideal. Immerseus HC and Sha HC are good examples of where Demo is better than destro IMO. Like someone said earlier, stacking too much haste brings you under gcd cap for Incinerate which is a pure DPS loss. 8097 (demo haste cap) or 9778 (one of afflictions haste caps) is what you should aim for. Going for the 13k haste cap for affliction will result in a dps loss for destro as you'd have to sacrifice mastery for haste.
    Don't get the problem ppl have in reforging inside the raid between a couple fights.

    2-3 reforges per week is not that much.
    Chequer@Azralon - 14/14H - Ilvl 587 - Sexyness 9000+
    Pro-Raiders
    Warcraft Logs

  15. #15
    Haste also helps with mana regen.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Deyana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Haste also helps with mana regen.
    And also makes you cast skills faster = running OOM faster. I personally find it way harder to manage it with high haste, but for each their own.

  17. #17
    I prefer more crit. Backdraft provides enough casting speed imo

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    I prefer more crit. Backdraft provides enough casting speed imo
    i do too, especially if you're using the LMG also, so annoying on pull when you get LGM proc, backdraft and blood lust and your incinerate's cast time is less than 0,7 secs, just feels like a lot of wasted dps.

  19. #19
    I usually keep them (haste & crit) balanced because going for either feels weird. No one seems to be able to figure out what's better anyway so I see no point favoring either stat.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I usually keep them (haste & crit) balanced because going for either feels weird. No one seems to be able to figure out what's better anyway so I see no point favoring either stat.
    i do keep them balanced as well atm but it is really a personal preference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •