Psu, case, and motherboard connections help

Hey folks,
    I am building my first gaming computer right now and am kind of stuck with the connections! There seems to be way too many connections that do not all get used.

I have a NZXT Phantom 410 case, an Asus Z87-A motherboard, and an 850W MK Silencer II PSU. Could someone knowledgeable with this help me in figuring out which of the tiny female connectors in the case get used with my mobo? I have the fans that are molex connected to a molex modular on my PSU, is that okay if I bypass the mobo? Also the 12V plug in that is 8 pin only a 4 pin will go into. Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks for any help, i am a bit nervous with all these cords and do not want to mess a pin up.

If im correct the case fans are connected to a fan controller that comes with the case, and that has a male molex that goes in to female molex connector, that should be fine.
    (Don't plug your cpu cooling in to this tho)

I dont understand your 8pin 12v plug question tho? That motherboard has a normal 8pin connection so why would only the 4pin go in?

Ok the 8 pin I have only has one side fitting. The half that is not plugged in lacks 1 square shape around one of the 4 pins of the 8 pin connectors. I do have two connectors like this that are both 8 pin with 2 four pins that fitthe 12vault eatx plug in. Those 2 four pin cords are labeled as "CP." Would it be okay to plug those two in and leave the two 4 pin connectors connected to the 4 pin pieces that do fit just dangling? Also, i am somewhat stuck on the hdd led power and reset button pins. Any help with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Waze View Post
    Ok the 8 pin I have only has one side fitting. The half that is not plugged in lacks 1 square shape around one of the 4 pins of the 8 pin connectors. I do have two connectors like this that are both 8 pin with 2 four pins that fitthe 12vault eatx plug in. Those 2 four pin cords are labeled as "CP." Would it be okay to plug those two in and leave the two 4 pin connectors connected to the 4 pin pieces that do fit just dangling? Also, i am somewhat stuck on the hdd led power and reset button pins. Any help with that?

Your motherboard should have came with a Q-connector, you can line up the hdd led power and reset plugs on that, then plug in the q-connector in to your motherboard (all the pinholes are marked on the q connector so it should be childs play in that respect.) https://www.asus.com/websites/global..._CONNECTOR.jpg

Flip the 8pin upside down and see if it goes in, i had the same with my z87-pro motherboard that the 8pin shapes didn't match but it should fit.

Edit: bit of ascii art, The A resambles the arched shape, and [] the square shape on the motherboard plugin.
    The square shapes on the cableplug have to line up with the squares on the mothorboard plug, but the A's can plug in to a square on the mobo, and it should be fine.

[]AA[]
    A[][]A = Motherboard plugin, line up the square on the cable with the square on the plugin and it'll be groovy.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-12-13 at 07:04 PM.