Deleted

I don't want LFR/Flex to ruin the game for me in next expac

I don't want LFR/Flex to ruin the game for me in WoD, when I beat the latest raid/raids on LFR I feel as though I've beaten the game, why should I do the exact same thing (down garrosh) but with spruced up numbers? I want to experience it freshly with my team and discover it legitimately under a challenging game difficulty (normal mode), not disneyland (LFR).

However, I will fall behind on gear if I don't run LFR and Flex, and so i wont be accepted into normal/HC teams.

This is my plan:

-Bot my way through LFRs so I do not have to be there, so I can get LFR loot.
    -Run Flex for half of the raid but not the latter half. That way it will ruin the first half of the raid for me, but I can experience the second half of the raid (the real meat) freshly with my raid team. I will obviously be unable to get second half Flex tier loot, but the trade off is worth it.

What do you think?

Just a friendly reminder that LFR unlocks completely about 4 weeks after the initial raid release. Also, as far as I know, there will be plenty of other options to gear up through heroic scenarios and heroic dungeouns when WoD is initially released. Blizzard are by no means forcing you to do LFR in order to enter "real" raids.

You're also perfectly free to enter LFR with your friends to "explore" the raids and get the gist of some of the tactics that will be thrown at you in the Normal/Heroic modes, although they're by no means representative in terms of difficulty.

Just my thoughts.
    [An00b'arak]: im sure i dont know...im just an arachnid

[An00b'arak]: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most raid guilds who will be raiding right away will do so w/o practice in Flex or LFR, so raiding Normals with dungeon gear can be done, just find a group that does that. You're the only one forcing yourself to do those, if you dont' want to do them, then don't. Find or start a group that feels similar to you, or level quickly enough to raid right away while everyone has dungeon gear.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I just re-read my post, and I came across like a tit. I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Discokurt; 2013-12-13 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not a hardcore player, I will not clear it for a long time, and since the LFR/Flex options are there, I feel as though it is mandatory, or I am limiting my character's potential. You guys are failing to see that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by iknowi View Post
    I don't want LFR/Flex to ruin the game for me in WoD, when I beat the latest raid/raids on LFR I feel as though I've beaten the game, why should I do the exact same thing (down garrosh) but with spruced up numbers? I want to experience it freshly with my team and discover it legitimately under a challenging game difficulty (normal mode), not disneyland (LFR).

However, I will fall behind on gear if I don't run LFR and Flex, and so i wont be accepted into normal/HC teams.

This is my plan:

-Bot my way through LFRs so I do not have to be there, so I can get LFR loot.
    -Run Flex for half of the raid but not the latter half. That way it will ruin the first half of the raid for me, but I can experience the second half of the raid (the real meat) freshly with my raid team. I will obviously be unable to get second half Flex tier loot, but the trade off is worth it.

What do you think?
    Bad mentality for an MMO there buddy.

Also, your plan is silly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm not a hardcore player, I will not clear it for a long time, and since the LFR/Flex options are there, I feel as though it is mandatory, or I am limiting my character's potential. You guys are failing to see that.
    I understand where you're coming from. You want to clear normal modes at your own pace, but feel forced to do LFR or your gear won't be deemed "worthy" of normal progression.

If this indeed is the problem, then I suggest that you talk to your friends about it. If they understand your dilemma, then you should be in the clear.
    I used to raid with a guild in WotLK (and I know the cenario is a little different), and I played a DPS DK , and I gemmed stamina for him. None the less, I got picked up by a friendly casual raiding guild, that didn't really care about my substandard gemming/gearing.

My point is, if your raiding friends are so concerned about your gear, but still wanna raid casually, why do they want their players decked in BiS gear?

then be good player and clear normals before they will release last wing of flex - u will have 5-6 weeks to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

I think it's a good mentality. If everyone in WotLK was running around with kingslayer title, it wouldn't be special. People with that title sparked awe in other players.

If my plan is silly, how else can i optimize my character whilst sacrificing as little of the gaming experience as possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Yeah, his plan is really silly... Also, saying that you will bot your way through is not really wise..

What OP should do is quite simple.. Join a guild and raid with them... You will still do LFR/Flex because every guild does that to get a bit more gear, but at least you will do that with a competent group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    then be good player and clear normals before they will release last wing of flex - u will have 5-6 weeks to do it.
    But he wants to clear them at his own pace. If he feels that he's rushing into normal modes just to clear them out in time for the other options of raiding, then where is the enjoyment?
    I think I understand the OP pretty well, but if I were him, I'd look to the group of people he's raiding with, and ask why they need to pressure him into being in BiS gear before they even start raiding. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is just an attempt to stir up trouble. We've been through multiple iterations of LFR and we all know normal modes unlock nearly a month earlier. As well, botting is a forbidden topic here.

Closing.