Deleted

what DPS should I have for flex?

I currently do 140-160K on LFR (ret paladin who I retired in preparation for WoD), depending on the boss and on whether i'm helping in the fight mechanics. I achieve about the same on Flex (if and when we down a boss, which often is just the first one. pugs...), but I often see players doing below 80K in there for some reason. I don't know if that's enough or even feasible, given that my weapon isn't perfect and my trinkets are ToT LFR ones.

I feel like 400k is the "good" DPS, no? I saw that in a thread somewhere.

So for Flex I guess 200k is "good."

Deleted
    Your dps won't get you into a group, so it hardly matters what dps you can do. From a PuG perspective, a raid leader will take someone with 540 item level and does an average of 100k dps over someone with 520 item level who does 250k.

In terms of remaining in the group, you simply need to do more dps than most; they don't cull from the top.

An actual number is, therefore, hard because you will have to measure up to a different group each time. You also don't do the same dps on each boss anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically think 150k single target is more than fine for just about every fight, maybe garrosh is a bit tight there. But I am the kind of raid leader who doesn't pay attention to ilvl when inviting people, I just kick them if they hold the group back. Truth is, I rarely have to kick anyone for any fight other than garrosh, and then its usually a mutual agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Your dps won't get you into a group, so it hardly matters what dps you can do. From a PuG perspective, a raid leader will take someone with 540 item level and does an average of 100k dps over someone with 520 item level who does 250k.
    That's the sad truth. I'm usually the least geared in every Flex pug I've been in (takes some fancy talk to get in) and either #1 or #2 on DPS, and a decent amount of the time by a large margin.

The large majority of people are not very good at the game, and even ilvl cannot compensate. But, I suppose if you're inviting strangers then hoping their ilvl will carry them is the only measure you really have.

And given that I haven't chosen a raiding guild yet since I just returned and I'm waiting for the guild's to settle (with the upcoming Mythic changes), I usually make it a point to add those who were leading successfully or those who were performing well to my friend's list so I can get in more runs with less hassle. I'm only at 545 ilvl from pugging (just recently, started flex at 502 ilvl), but having people that know my performance makes it easier than having to explain to random strangers that I'll beat most of their group's DPS without breaking a sweat.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-12-17 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    That's the sad truth. I'm usually the least geared in every Flex pug I've been in (takes some fancy talk to get in) and either #1 or #2 on DPS, and a decent amount of the time by a large margin.
    I'm a bit cynical of these claims because most people make them. "I pull a lot more damage than others with less gear". Sure you do...

On topic, OP's dps sounds fine for flex.

Deleted
    For the first 13 Flex bosses, 100k is enough. For garrosh, maybe 170k+ singletarget dps.

Deleted
    over 150k at the very least for flex, abit more for garrosh

Deleted
    OP, you do way more than you'd ever need for flex. People saying 150k+ minimum etc, are probably just used to overhealing stuff (no, you dont need 3 healers for 10man flex) or just used to carrying that one guy that just sucks. Assuming a parity between all the dpsers and reasonable dps from tanks, 100k singletarget is more than enough to comfortably kill everything. Garrosh doesnt require more dps, at all. If people are fine with getting a few empowered whirls in P2 , and a few in P3, while being able to interrupt, it's more than doable.

The problem is that when you pug, you assume the worst. And frankly, that assumption is rarely wrong, so people prefer to overgear it. But even then, your stated 140-160 (single target?) dps is more than fine to zerg most bosses

garrosh become alot harder in pugs if you can't push him before the 3rd intermission imo, if you do below 120k I might ask what you are doing, I grew tired of leading groups in wotlk so I can't talk from the leader perspective tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    150-200 is about right. hopefully you have a higher dps in your run to make up for anyone doing less.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Two month old thread and people decide to respond? I'm fairly certain the OP is more geared by now...

CHECK THE POST DATE PEOPLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.