Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Fiber is too susceptible to temperature changes and so on to be buried as it would restrict movement/expansion/contraction too much and break the cables far too often.

Fiber is almost always hung. If you look on a utility pole and see a rather thick black cable with what looks like a black wad or like an electrical box every idk 6th pole. That's fiber. The box is a repeater. Sometimes there's more than one depending on how many services the utility pole is servicing in the area.
    Sasktel has fibre buried all over the place (the "sasknet" system). Their FTTH stuff is also all underground.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Sasktel has fibre buried all over the place (the "sasknet" system). Their FTTH stuff is also all underground.
    AFAIK that's from the pedestal to the home only to replace the existing underground copper/coax, less risk associated there and if it gets damaged it only affects one customer. I'm referring to the much longer utility runs.

http://www.sasktel.com/personal/infi...struction.html
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-12-15 at 02:03 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.