Asus Sabertooth x79, i7 4820k. No POST, CPU Light, BIOS Flashed

Hi everyone. I plugged in my newly built computer and lights / fans come on, however the CPU light on the motherboard is on indicating there's a problem. With some googling, it seems like a BIOS update is required.

I downloaded the 4502 BIOS to flash to the mobo, plugged in the flash drive after renaming to SABERTOOTHX79.CAP and the flash light turned on as expected. However, after one flash it stayed on. From what I'm reading, it's supposed to take several minutes, meaning either I misread the label on the mobo or the BIOS flash was very quick. I turned it back on, still nothing.

I did some more googling, and someone suggested also having the .ROM on the root of the drive. I tried this, still the same issue.

Flash drive is FAT32 formatted, so that isn't a problem. It could be that the CPU is damaged, however since many people seemed to have this problem I'm going to check here before getting an exchange.

Only thing of note besides that is (usually) after unplugging the PSU and plugging it back in on first start up the computer will restart one time. Never again until the PSU is disconnected again.

Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Used several more flash drives and eventually got it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the BIOS before you tried to update?
    PM me weird stuff :3