Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What are you on about?

What has abortion got to do with people choosing to come into Britain, in order to take advantage of our legendary generosity? I'm pretty sure that babies don't pick where they get born - sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't really a stork that drops them off.
    No, but they going to grow up and become part of the purple and green line both of which (unlike the yellow line) are beneficiaries and an enourmous drain on the British social system. Their numbers should also be controlled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how all threads on General Off-Topic forums tend to end up as political arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    No, but they going to grow up and become part of the purple and green line both of which (unlike the yellow line) are beneficiaries and an enourmous drain on the British social system. Their numbers should also be controlled.
    You may want to look at the graph again, yellow is below 1.0 and dropping, though will hopefully recover - since 2008 they haven't really been of much benefit, perhaps they could have a look at member nations that joined around that time, in order to weed out the bad eggs.

Green has contributed in the past, and will likely contribute in the future, once the economy picks up - one of the pitfalls of boom and bust economics.

Purple has done fuck all.

We're not into mass sterilisation programmes, so I doubt we're too bothered by people having babies. Is that accepted practice where you come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not intolerant against people in the US. That would be like being intolerant against Italian bottled water versus brazilian bottled water. The problem for me is how important money is in politics in the US, this distorts the idea of everyones voice being heared.

Purple has done fuck all.
    Purple is above green in 2011 and their children perform better in school as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purple is above green in 2011 and their children perform better in school as well.
    One year where they a virtually equal in their contribution of fuck all, and none that they have made a net contribution infers they are spongers. Or are you cherry picking one year to suit your argument?

Taking the resources on offer in our education system, but not ever having been of net economic benefit to society is hardly something to boast about, is it?

Plus we have yet to see the actual study that original claim was made on, and as the journalist was so disingenuous with the other statistics, those findings are worthless without evidence.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2013-12-15 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I hear a lot of people team bashing on these boards from time to time. I understand not liking a teams status or something, but do any of you have an intolerance towards the average sport fan? Do you think of us as home babies? Awful fans? Or is all this stuff going on just about you guys disagreeing with front office practices? And some tactical stuff?

What have I ever done to you? I'm just some guy on the internet, I don't hate people just because they root for somewhere else. I'm not offensive like that.

I am really interested in another teams views on teams from other cities. Every time I hear about something, I am unsure what the poster is directing it towards? The fans or the team?
    I fixed it for you, m8.

Plus we have yet to see the actual study that original claim was made on, and as the journalist was so disingenuous with the other statistics, those findings are worthless without evidence.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/m...-by-minorities
    Figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) show the percentage of children classed as white British or English gaining five A* to C grades at GCSE is below the national average.

Nine minority groups of children are above the average, including Bangladeshi, Ghanaian, Indian, Sierra Leonean and Vietnamese, data reveals.
    You just didn't bother reading the study.

10+ Year Old Account
    The evils of the Western World. Stay tuned for the scenes of the next episode MMO-Champion Z!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Guardian!

Not a completely biased source!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/m...-by-minorities

You just didn't bother reading the study.
    I didn't read it, as I don't read every study that Britain has ever produced, funnily enough.

So some groups are performing above average, and some are below...this is shocking stuff. At least the UK is above average internationally, so that's a plus.

Where are the Bulgarians? They aren't in the above average group, so they must be either average or below. Do they go to school? Are they above average internationally?

What's up with the Portuguese? Where are the Pakistanis, Jamaicans and Polish? How is this of any use?

Deleted
    When I was in America all the people that I spoke to seemed really nice, same with all the American exchange students in my lectures. I can't really comment on the US government because I don't know anything about it other than what gets reported on the news.
    Also, why do people even bother with Cybran? All he does is bash western Europe for all the "evil" deeds it has committed to the rest of the world while ignoring the evil deeds of everyone else. Much easier to just ignore him.