Thread: Dark Shaman Set

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malchiah View Post
    Not sure if anyone has tried this but ive obtained 2 sets so far with just 18 normal shaman kills - let me explain how i got them - the first set was obtained after joining the raid at the shamans ( i usually loot the containers while killing trash for flasks to put in guild bank) and they had already been looted the night before so they were not spawned - first drop of the set box - the second set box - i got while yet again not looting the flask containers while killing trash - i think it was maybe at most 2 weeks between the set drops. (the drop doesnt seem to be showing up on my armory but i do have the set transmogged for proof )

So to put it simply - do not loot the flask containers while you're killing the trash and see if that gives you a *luck* boost like it did for me =)

*edit* also can anyone point a link to earthbreaker haromm's weapons
    Lol.. nope, never once looted one of those crates, my guild has designated people to loot them and share them fairly.. so this "luck boost" is just pure RNG working for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maykén View Post
    The RNG is pretty shitty on this, but yes it drops in Flex. Seen shamans recieve it (shows in lootwindow) in flex.
    Guess I should be running flex each week, too.

I still haven't gotten it. My other raid's shaman has gotten a couple sets. My raid saw one once weeks and weeks ago that went to a shaman sub, but I still haven't gotten one on my shaman that I bring every week. I probably have close to 30 kills on them.

Alas.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

finally ... 26 Hc 5 normal 10 flex ... it dropped from normal

2 weeks in a row and only like 12 kills total meanwhile other shammy been killing since come out not a set yet. So stupid already have it and other shammy can't get it :-/

Deleted
    There must be thousands of shaman characters that have a certain amount of flex kills and 0 normal/heroic kills. Surely one of them must have gotten it, no? It's like sha/galleon mount and feng offhand all over. Only rumours "I heard you can get it flex" or "I know a guy who saw someone win it in flex". Before screenshots or armory proof I'm siding with the not-dropping-in-flex crowd. No clue why you'd ask this to a GM. Their answer has no value on things like this really.

Quote Originally Posted by Maykén View Post
    The RNG is pretty shitty on this, but yes it drops in Flex. Seen shamans recieve it (shows in lootwindow) in flex.

Myself had a grand total of 35 Dark Shaman kills (30 Heroic // 2 Normal // 3 Flex) before I got my set last week. Joy!

One of our restos have recieved 7 of these sets since he joined us lol.
    My guildie hit 50 kills this week (25 heroic, 1 normal, 24 flex) and still no luck. Poor guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    There must be thousands of shaman characters that have a certain amount of flex kills and 0 normal/heroic kills. Surely one of them must have gotten it, no? It's like sha/galleon mount and feng offhand all over. Only rumours "I heard you can get it flex" or "I know a guy who saw someone win it in flex". Before screenshots or armory proof I'm siding with the not-dropping-in-flex crowd. No clue why you'd ask this to a GM. Their answer has no value on things like this really.
    I'm feeling the same really, I know people say it drops in flex but I'm yet to find definitive proof anywhere on the internet. Meanwhile I'm doing flex every week, always there are 3+ shamans in the group, must be there just for the set like I am, and never seen a single shaman receive it from flex. I'll continue to run flex after my normal kill every week, just on the off chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm feeling the same really, I know people say it drops in flex but I'm yet to find definitive proof anywhere on the internet. Meanwhile I'm doing flex every week, always there are 3+ shamans in the group, must be there just for the set like I am, and never seen a single shaman receive it from flex. I'll continue to run flex after my normal kill every week, just on the off chance.
    Same, have a bunch of flex kills as well and never seen it pop up for anyone. Kind of sad I had to log my monk for 3rd tank a lot of the weeks for shamans hc looking back, since I figured I could still do flex that week. Missed out on 8 possible kills that way. Then again that was mostly due to winning hc totem first kill so shouldn't complain probably. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    1) the set drops as personal loot from the Boss Kor'kron Dark Shaman in Siege of Orgrimmar only
    2) it drops in a cache, which contains all 8 transmog pieces
    3) it drops in normal/heroic IT DOES NOT DROP ON FLEX ALTHOUGH THEY CONFIRMED IT!
    4) you have 1 chance to get the cache to drop per week...in normal/heroic
    4) as far as we know id doesn't drop from coins
    5) if you win, the item pops up and automatically appears in your bags
    6) dropchance is (I quote a GM): "very rare".... ~7%

You are a liar. It does drop on flex. The blizz devs confirmed it. Id trust the people who make this game than some random internet nobody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    You are a liar. It does drop on flex. The blizz devs confirmed it. Id trust the people who make this game than some random internet nobody.
    Devs have been wrong before. And not a single internet nobody like you who claims it can drop in flex has been able to prove it so far with either a screenshot or an armory link. So yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using my shaman to try to confirm if the set drops in flex.

So my shaman will have no kills in normal + EVER until it drops so i can link the armory with a shaman with the set with zero normal kills.

Wish me luck

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    You can call me a liar if you can prove it properly.
    Last edited by Nivena; 2014-05-27 at 07:48 PM.

I don't have a twitter, but should someone maybe tweet at a dev asking if it's properly dropping in Flex like it's supposed to? I remember the mistake with the world boss mounts where they were "supposed to" drop from the bosses but they really didn't...perhaps the same thing is happening with this set in Flex?

Edit: Well, I made a twitter and asked him. I'll update here if/when I get an answer!
    Last edited by Triskaideka; 2014-05-28 at 06:06 AM.

I think now we just need someone with luck to drop it. Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the reason why it hasn't drop from flex is that you got just ONE lockout of the drop per week...
    Last edited by Markulino; 2014-05-28 at 06:38 PM.

well a friend of me was in a flex raid some weeks ago where the set droped for a shaman of his guild

Quote Originally Posted by Markulino View Post

I think now we just need someone with luck to drop it. Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the reason why it hasn't drop from flex is that you got just ONE lockout of the drop per week...
    Well that doesn't really make sense though, since lots of people say they run Flex first and then Normal and have it drop in Normal. If it was a single shared chance, wouldn't it be impossible to drop in Normal AFTER you do Flex??

You my friend, have a good point. You should go ask him. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Markulino View Post
    You my friend, have a good point. You should go ask him. =P
    I wouldn't want to take over your tweet, plus I think I've already annoyed him today. >.>

I didn't see your tweet when I forwarded my request from a few days ago to Rygarius, and then he asked Watcher on my behalf and was answered within a few seconds. *hides*

Maybe I kind of helped...

Twitter for the win, seriously! Going to start running my Shaman through Flex again starting next week, woot!!