Thread: Dark Shaman Set

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Dark Shaman Set

Once and for all, what is the deal with this? Do I have a chance of it dropping from both flex AND normal (like can I do both in one week have a chance to get it twice?). People are saying all kinds of different things and I don't know what the actual truth is. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can do both and still have it drop. Other people said that it couldn't do that and they are completely wrong. I did flex on my shaman last month, then I did normal later that day and received the set off the normal kill. I got the set again last week after doing heroic Dark Shaman then doing flex and having it drop off the flex kill.

Good luck!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

so from what i can tell they dont drop individually on trash right?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss kill only, full set in a container!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

its an extra loot container that you automatically gain if it drops for you from the boss on either flex or norm/hc difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    1) the set drops as personal loot from the Boss Kor'kron Dark Shaman in Siege of Orgrimmar only
    2) it drops in a cache, which contains all 8 transmog pieces
    3) it drops in normal/heroic IT DOES NOT DROP ON FLEX ALTHOUGH THEY CONFIRMED IT!
    4) you have 1 chance to get the cache to drop per week...in normal/heroic
    4) as far as we know id doesn't drop from coins
    5) if you win, the item pops up and automatically appears in your bags
    6) dropchance is (I quote a GM): "very rare".... ~7%
    Last edited by Nivena; 2014-03-08 at 10:29 AM.

Is there any male draenei shaman out there who has the set? I would like to see how it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Is there any male draenei shaman out there who has the set? I would like to see how it fits.
    I went to link my guildmate who got it this week, but he apparently canceled the transmog almost as fast as I did. (It looks terrible on Pandaren males, too.)

Here's the Wowhead link. Click "View in 3D" and set the race to Draenei. If you're a smurfy color, you'll see blue through gaps in the armor.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I went to link my guildmate who got it this week, but he apparently canceled the transmog almost as fast as I did. (It looks terrible on Pandaren males, too.)

Here's the Wowhead link. Click "View in 3D" and set the race to Draenei. If you're a smurfy color, you'll see blue through gaps in the armor.
    Thanks alot.
    Does not look that bad. Still a decent set compared to others

White Flesh Male Draenei with Black Undershirt: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...myolsen/simple

As with all sets on Draenei, the shoulders hover a bit, but the helm fits quite nicely and the body type works well with the fit. I did use a different Xmog the belt (it's off 2nd boss in Heroic shattered Halls).

Just got the set on my goblin and oh my god is it the cutest thing ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    6) dropchance is (I quote a GM): "very rare".... ~7%
    hmmm we have 3 shamans that got it on their first kill (separate nights) in 10m normal. guess they were lucky. the set does look cool
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed shamans 2 times (2 weeks) in flex and no love for me.

took me 18 kills (5 flex + 13 normal) to finally see it.

I'm at 14 now with two of us in the raid and never seen it....so I hope something drops soon.

Then again, we have yet to ever see a TF/WF weapon drop in our raid...nor any dagger ever (our rogue loves our luck...)

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Once and for all, what is the deal with this? Do I have a chance of it dropping from both flex AND normal (like can I do both in one week have a chance to get it twice?). People are saying all kinds of different things and I don't know what the actual truth is. Thanks!
    Yes, they can drop in both in the same lock out.

I did flex this week and then did normal a day later in the same lock out and it dropped on normal.

Suffice to say it was an instant hearth.. after how many months of doing it twice a week.. finally.. FINALLY!!

It does not drop on trash, but off the boss and it is extra loot that is personal, so it's not on the boss, but your personal loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    hmmm we have 3 shamans that got it on their first kill (separate nights) in 10m normal. guess they were lucky. the set does look cool
    I killed Dark Shaman every week in flex at least once since release at 17th of September (14 weeks so far). Still nothing; I even coin the boss now since I only need the trinket from Orgrimmar and believe that it increases the dropchance. superstition ftw.

Got it on the 22nd kill.

24 kills and counting....

The terrible part is that it can go to the same Shaman twice over someone who doesn't have it. Me and another shaman in our raid group have each gotten 2, the other 3 shamen haven't gotten one at all. Good luck !