Fury in WoD - Changes desired or not?

Hi guys.

While I am not the most cutting edge raider anymore I do have some concerns when it comes to the next expansion. My armory is included below for you to check out my gear, and I am in a pretty decent place as far as it comes rotation wise. I think the rotation is fun, flows well, and puts out really nice numbers as I am almost always the top dps in my guild. I however believe that this only comes from the high crit ratings that we have now reached.

I played Fury throughout this expansion, and cannot say that I was thrilled with it as a whole. I've been playing my warrior Fazool as pretty much my only character for 9 years now and have seen the many ways in which warriors have changed. I know and am used to scaling with gear like no other, almost always because of the way rage worked. This time around it is because of the way crit interacts with bloodthirst and then raging blow. Crit has even more value than that, but at the most basic level if we do not crit with raging blow or colossus smash we are unable to use what some may consider the real meat of the spec in its current iteration.

Now I think it is fine as it is for patch 5.4, but when we are all reset back to low crit ratings, if things remain as they are, we will all end up Arms for the start of the next xpac, and maybe for a while longer. I love both arms and fury, but fury has been my main love since way before Titan's Grip. I personally don't like our extreme reliance on one stat, and was looking for some more opinions about what, if anything, Blizzard is going to change to fix the way we work in relation to crit.
    Last edited by Pizzakid2093; 2013-12-14 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they make Raging Blow to be avaiable if we dont get a crtical strike now, since reforging is going away, it will be way more painfull to get a % of crit to make the spec Worth/enjoayable.

I wasn't arms for the release of MoP, so I don't see what has changed since then and what you're basing anything off of when saying we'll be forced into arms

Arms will change as well since apparantly they're abit too strong in pvp, I also wouldn't surprised if they changed their core mechanics due to the fact that they're so incredibly boring (opinion)

I guess I'm one of the few that thought we were very fun at MoP release (The only time I'd play fury before MoP was early t11) and while I wouldn't mind them making the BT bad streak protection a little stronger then it is currently I hope they don't change anything too drastically

Opinions, opinions, opinions.
    That is all

10+ Year Old Account
    Before MoP I've only played fury warrior as my main during ICC, but seriously, back in that time it was a really stupid spec, BT and WW on CD while spamming Heroic Strikes with infinite rage. I know it depends on the person, personal taste... but compared to that i think it's a much more solid spec now.

Well personally I don't mind what changes but usually I love big changes to as many specs as possible.

After a year-two it gets old and boring already and you just want your class to be fresh once in a while with some new sort of gameplay aka rotation so I don't know about specific changes but the more the better in my opinion.

The only "changes" I'd like are along the lines of "Haste doing more" and they find a way (harder than it sounds) to balance Fury to scale a bit more linearly.

(Subject to change!) That and the upcoming Ravager/Blade Barrier abilities. Let Ravager throw both weapons from the get go, and or or allow SMF to have something more viable to use to activate/refresh Blade Barrier.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I wasn't arms for the release of MoP, so I don't see what has changed since then and what you're basing anything off of when saying we'll be forced into arms

Arms will change as well since apparantly they're abit too strong in pvp, I also wouldn't surprised if they changed their core mechanics due to the fact that they're so incredibly boring (opinion)

I guess I'm one of the few that thought we were very fun at MoP release (The only time I'd play fury before MoP was early t11) and while I wouldn't mind them making the BT bad streak protection a little stronger then it is currently I hope they don't change anything too drastically

Opinions, opinions, opinions.
    That is all
    I'm not talking about my own preference or opinion here. I'm talking about keeping in line with the other dps specs. When we roll over into the next xpac our crit will be gutted like always. That is fine. Rarely being able to use raging lnow because of this is not only boring while we wait around, but hurts our dps immensely.

The problem here is that this system is really hard to balance in its current form. Either they compensate and give us most of our damage outside raging blow to keep us in line with everyone (which results in us scaling to numbers higher than the rest of the pack, not good) or we are just a weak spec until more crit is available, and we lock down all crit pieces without reforging.

The reason we would be forced into arms is it does not have this crit reliance, going mostly off weapon damage.