10+ Year Old Account

Some Pet Battles Not Granting XP?

Okay - So I'm leveling my paladin - doing work, when I decide to level with some pet battles. Deadwind Pass grants an extra bar or two - so I go into another zone and kill off a different one using a lower level pet - and I get 0 xp.

I've searched the great interwebs - but ya does anyone know why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is EXP gain not related to your level, not the pet levels? So if you do it in DWP because you're level 50, going to Elwynn will not net you any/much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Is EXP gain not related to your level, not the pet levels? So if you do it in DWP because you're level 50, going to Elwynn will not net you any/much.
    No - I was gaining 128k XP in Deadwind, using a level 25 pet. So i have NO idea why its not working. Didn't work in Blasted Lands either.

Are the pets gaining experience? I remember back when getting xp from pet battles was rather new, an effective method of levelling was (until changed a few days later) using three level 1-6 pets in Orgrimmar to win vs level 1 pets (it was quick because it was just one wild pet per fight), but using level 7+ pets gave you nothing because the pets would be too high to gain xp. Maybe all pets in your pet battle party needs to be within 5 level or something like that (though I have no idea if that were the case in Deadwind Pass for you).

10+ Year Old Account
    Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest-level pet will now award player experience.

Is the patch note, I assume highest level counts all pets, not just those in the battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest-level pet will now award player experience.

Is the patch note, I assume highest level counts all pets, not just those in the battle.
    Hm. That does seem logical. Thank you. Very helpful magical Santa Link.