Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Game Job Listing - Lead Producer, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, DLC #419

Closed Beta and PTR Hotfixes, Load Testing Underway, New and Changed Set Item Bonuses

State of the Meta, Weekend Tournaments, Hearthstone Legends Week 7

New Game Job Listing - Lead Producer
    An interesting job listing was added earlier this week for a Lead Producer to work on a new game. This game is apparently also using a small team, just like Hearthstone did, as the listing mentions following in the footsteps of the small and nimble game team.

According to his most recent tweet, it looks like Michael Booth is also on this team. He was lead on Left 4 Dead and worked on Counter-Strike, but started at Blizzard in May and is currently Game Director.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Free Character Migrations
    Firstly, I appreciate your efforts to remain constructive while clearly feeling frustrated by the topic.

This time around, we opened up FCMs to the minority factions as well, so they can move away from realms with queues if they want to, as you suggested. The main reason for FCMs right now is to relieve queues, so it makes sense to allow as many people to move as possible.

Previously, we tried to help with faction balance on realms with queues by only offering FCMs to players on the dominant faction. To help with faction balance on the destination realms too, these FCMs would generally place people on a realm where they would now be in the minority faction. This wasn't working. So, to make FCMs appeal to more people, in some cases we're now opening FCMs between realms with similar faction balance, e.g. from a horde-dominant realm to another horde-dominant realm.

We're keeping tabs on the situation, people still may not take the offer, but we'll see how it goes. As I said, our current main goal is to reduce queues so people can actually play.

There's a lot going on at the moment, what with Connected Realms happening. Populations and faction balances are fluctuating across the board. Right now, our focus is making sure as many people as possible can get online to play without having to queue. However, when things have settled, we hope to be in a position to help with other factors. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Revive Pet Hotfix
    I'm seeing the Revive Pet hotfix active on my Hunter. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    Really? Getting rid of factions is the only solution to imbalanced pvp realms I can think of.
    Arenas and BGs already ignore realms and the world PvP zone in Warlords will use a partial connected realm solution. (Source)

S12 community outcry "FFS LOWER PVP BURST!" A: "Okay we'll buff PvPower on all weapons", and you still wonder why we hate you?
    I don't wonder. I just don't take people who hate other people because of a *video game* very seriously. (Source)
    Ok "hate" might be a strong word here, however those kind of nonsense decisions are the reason why people are happy you quit.
    If we hadn't buffed PvP power on weapons, people would have used PvE weapons. The DPS would have been there anyway. (Source)
    That's why the PvP community suggested to buff resilience accordingly, you didn't listen and subs were cancelled, go figure...
    Players can make stronger arguments by just arguing fun, which will resonate more with the devs you're presumably trying to reach (Source)
    You can't admit those mistakes and that's another big reason why PvPers dislike you. Whatever, you finally left, take care man
    We admit PvP mistakes all the time, which is why we constantly change the way gear and resilience work and are again for 6.0. (Source)
    We're in pretty close contact with many great PvP players. They may not agree with every call we make but they know we hear them, (Source)
    But your original argument IIRC was that we didn't listen to PvP players, which just isn't true. (Source)
    Nothing has bene done about RMD and WMD. People want quick changes if something is broken. PvE gets hotfixes.
    So does PvP, though to be fair, it is easier to test and predict the result of PvE changes. PvP ultimately needs to be played. (Source)

Spirit on Items
    if spirit is limited to non-armour pieces, won't it cripple healers early on before they get those (somewhat rare) items?
    Base regen will be higher. (Source)

Spirit is a buffer. More of it helps those who have no understanding of mana efficiency.
    That is the intent for sure. Some healers grab Spirit the way a rogue would grab Agility, which detracts from it being a choice. (Source)
    so as a DK I can us all my Items for Tank and DPS, since Tank also uses Haste/Crit. But Elesham still need Healgear?
    Tanks also need bonus armor and trinkets that proc on damage taken. The difference should be about the same as swapping to heal. (Source)

You probably already considered this, but having Spirit "replace" Intellect as a primary stat might work?
    We like Spirit being a choice though. Agility can never really be a choice. More Agi is always better. (Source)

But why do this back and forth stuff? Spirit is important. Now it's not as important. Ok, now it's important again.
    We have often had a problem where regen is too tough in blues and too easy in endgame epics. MoP was a big improvement though. (Source)
    The problem with spirit is that it's a quality of life stat at the expense of a through-put stat.
    We disagree. It's not quality of life -- it's how many expensive spells you can afford to cast. (Source)

Why exactly do healers get their own stat, but you refuse to make dps-only items? (short of certain proc trinks)
    Largely because there are a lot more DPS players, both in a group and across the population as a whole. (Source)

Spirit is always important to healers. We're not changing that philosophy. Important and maxxed out aren't the same thing though. (Source)

Having hit on a healer set is a wasted stat. I'd even buy having your worst secondary stat on every piece might be a waste. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics - #419
    DLC #419 has been released!

Starting work on another game this soon with another small team (Meaning it isnt Titan) is very interesting.

That DLC. I do that to people in Minecraft.

Dumbing the game's stats down even more, fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What, like build a lava pit around them with only 2 blocks to stand on and then let them get out of it on their own?

blizzard thinking of an FPS game ?

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    What, like build a lava pit around them with only 2 blocks to stand on and then let them get out of it on their own?
    I usually just build an obsidian cage around the spot where they logged out.

hey, maybe ghostcrawler should apply for that job.

lol that job at blizzard sounds more like... "please bring a new good game so we can produce and sell.... and maybe come and do something here"

Deleted
    Blizzard Shooter!

Hmm, small team aye?
    Angry Zergs, now availble for iOS and Android devices!

Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Dumbing the game's stats down even more, fun.
    Yeah except those stats were arbitrary and useless and we're gaining access to a plethora of active interesting stats.

The stats being removed were "dumb" and limiting.

and the arguements about spirit. its like people havent READ the changes to spirits weight and usage for WoD, they keep argueing like its cata or mop spirit. It's like argueing about Windows but you're talking about win95
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-12-14 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Yeah except those stats were arbitrary and useless and we're gaining access to a plethora of active interesting stats.

The stats being removed were "dumb" and limiting.

and the arguements about spirit. its like people havent READ the changes to spirits weight and usage for WoD, they keep argueing like its cata or mop spirit. It's like argueing about Windows but you're talking about win95
    The guy you quoted probably had the same complaint with the old talent system and thought 1/2/3/4/5% crit for a talent was awesome and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    in terraria i created an almost bottomless pit leading to the deepest core of the planet,

one friend responded by loging into my online server and crashing it with dozens of water spout machines in terraria :|, everything was flooding and the game couldnt handle it after a while of me trying to find all the hidden spouts.

If i know someone new is coming, i put the toughest rock around the spawn point. muahhaha
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-12-14 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes View Post
    lol that job at blizzard sounds more like... "please bring a new good game so we can produce and sell.... and maybe come and do something here"
    Wait, so game companies aren't allowed to make new games? Damn! We should sue them.

Anyways...

L4D and CS? Seems like an FPS game. Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is GC still answering balance questions... if I were him I would just tell everony "sayonara fuckers"

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Starting work on another game this soon with another small team (Meaning it isnt Titan) is very interesting.
    I have a feeling they feel they are getting back to the root with the small development team concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Hmm, small team aye?
    Angry Zergs, now availble for iOS and Android devices!
    I would actually play that!

For that comic, can't you just use your hearthstone?

Starcraft Ghost. Starcraft Ghost. Please, Starcraft Ghost!