Thok heroic(again)

Edit: this is 10man btw.
    I see a few topics on this matter, but as all rosters are different pretty much i would like to get some help on rotation for my guild. We will start on it this week, and i want to be pretty prepared when it comes to healing cd rotation for the stacked phases and on what setup would be best to bring.

Our roster is as follow:

Tanks:
    Paly tank
    Dk tank

Healers:
    Resto shaman
    MW monk(ms ww)
    Disc priest

Dps:
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Ele shaman(os resto)
    Ret paly
    Frost mage(arcane os)
    Dw Frost dk

Im thinking of us 2 tanking 3 healing it, with the monk going healer instead of the shaman so we got some off healing aswell from him. I would have our Frost dk sitting out. That leaves the group with cds:
    2x healing tides
    1x revival
    1x spirit shell
    1x barrier
    2x hop
    2x devotion aura
    1x guidance
    1x healthstones
    1x ascendance
    1x Spirit link

Now with no experience on it on heroic yet i find myself a bit clueless about what rotation of cds would bring us closest to the needed 26 stacks.

All help are very much appriciated!

Wol: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/291060/
    The wol is not fully updated as my client have stopped working.

If ya need more details on anything im happy to share information :P.

/wrynil
    Last edited by wrynil; 2013-12-15 at 04:17 AM.

Devo auras are best used at the end, without any extra CDs. Use your CDs before you start the devo auras (which should probably be started around stack 18 or 19, and will then basically continue all the way until 26).

Revival is going to be your weakest CD in this fight as it will only cover a single screech. HoP will best go on the resto sham (during ascendance) and disc priest. Barrier will probably only hit half the raid. Don't forget personals - have the entire raid pop personal CDs at the same time and treat it as a raid CD.

Screech comes fast enough that it begins to really hurt around stack 6, assuming you haven't used any raid CDs then. That's a good place to pop personals. Ascendance at stack 8 with HoP will be good. Raid-wide healthstones at 12. At this point, screech is coming every ~2 seconds. Dump barrier on the biggest group (it's quite tough to actually hit everybody) at 13, drop Healing Tide with it. Second Tide at 15 or 16. It's an intense healing fight but once you guys get the CDs figured out, it'll be a breeze. After that, it's just making sure you maximize your kite path during blood rage so the CDs all have time to get back up.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-12-14 at 07:52 PM.

So something along the lines of:

Start, + lust, Guidance + ascendance ele
    6-8: Personal cds
    8-12: Ascendance + HoP
    13-15: Barrier + ele Healing Tide
    16-18: Healing tide + Hop Priest
    19-23: Spirit shell + Devotion aura + Health stones
    24-26: Revival + Devotion aura

Does it look somewhat right?

Could also switch the lock to his enhancement shaman if that would be better with one more healing tide + guidance.
    Last edited by wrynil; 2013-12-14 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    With 3 healers you definitely won't need any cooldowns before the 5th cry. Barrier is, in my opinion, best saved to last (stack up in it), because it is not big enough to cover both ranged groups. Also, I'd strongly advise to make sure you have at least one devotion aura for when the bats come. This also depends on your order of gate opening of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesoap View Post
    With 3 healers you definitely won't need any cooldowns before the 5th cry. Barrier is, in my opinion, best saved to last (stack up in it), because it is not big enough to cover both ranged groups. Also, I'd strongly advise to make sure you have at least one devotion aura for when the bats come. This also depends on your order of gate opening of course.
    Was thinking guidance + hop on the elemental shaman on the bats, should work pretty strongly together? Even more if he got asendance up

If he has HoP - he can't attack.. I'd save a devo aura for that or a barrier at worst (it's very strong at end of first P1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    If he has HoP - he can't attack.. I'd save a devo aura for that or a barrier at worst (it's very strong at end of first P1)
    Wrong. Ele shaman can attack with HoP it only stops physical attacks and auto attacks from happening.

First, im not a native english speaker, so there may be some errors here.

we did 1 Tank (warrior), 3 healers ( disc priest, Druid and MW monk)

1st Phase:
    Ele Shaman Healing tide - 6 Stacks
    Resto Shaman Healing Tide - 8 Stacks
    Priest Barrier - 10 Stacks
    After that stay stacked and try to heal as much as you can, but the amount of stacks will not be that huge deal after 10 (we already killed it 8~6~6~6)

2nd Phase:
    You want to get through this phase as fast as possible. the way we do is:
    Revival whenever the raid health is low.
    Elemental will receive HoP and will save Ascendance + Ancestral Guidance for bats (This will be enough to hold your raid for 10 sec)
    After bats are dead, Stack and let the boss transition.

3rd Phase

Easiest phase to heal, just dont let it last too long. (remember to defrost your tank as fast as possible)

4th phase

Let the boss transition as fast as possible and kill it while he is chasing ppl.

We tried like 10 different strats for this boss and we always tried to make the phases last longer but it made us wipe a lot. so we went for this "easy" way and it turned out great! we got the boss down after 5 tries on this strat (after 123 tries total). Hope i could help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkonir View Post
    First, im not a native english speaker, so there may be some errors here.

we did 1 Tank (warrior), 3 healers ( disc priest, Druid and MW monk)

1st Phase:
    Ele Shaman Healing tide - 6 Stacks
    Resto Shaman Healing Tide - 8 Stacks
    Priest Barrier - 10 Stacks
    After that stay stacked and try to heal as much as you can, but the amount of stacks will not be that huge deal after 10 (we already killed it 8~6~6~6)

2nd Phase:
    You want to get through this phase as fast as possible. the way we do is:
    Revival whenever the raid health is low.
    Elemental will receive HoP and will save Ascendance + Ancestral Guidance for bats (This will be enough to hold your raid for 10 sec)
    After bats are dead, Stack and let the boss transition.

3rd Phase

Easiest phase to heal, just dont let it last too long. (remember to defrost your tank as fast as possible)

4th phase

Let the boss transition as fast as possible and kill it while he is chasing ppl.

We tried like 10 different strats for this boss and we always tried to make the phases last longer but it made us wipe a lot. so we went for this "easy" way and it turned out great! we got the boss down after 5 tries on this strat (after 123 tries total). Hope i could help you!
    I can't help thinking you most have insane dps to pull off such low stacks for heroic, we barely go through on spoils hc though. Malkorok we just gets to the second phase 2, boss dieing before its over.

Edit: Do you have a log of the first kill you got? Would like to see it

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    I can't help thinking you most have insane dps to pull off such low stacks for heroic, we barely go through on spoils hc though. Malkorok we just gets to the second phase 2, boss dieing before its over.

Edit: Do you have a log of the first kill you got? Would like to see it
    I dont have the first kill but i do have our second kill:

log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=4835&e=5237

Obs: Im the ele shaman, my dps was kinda low because i was only 561 ilvl for this fight =/

I dont have the first kill but i do have our second kill:

log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=4835&e=5237

Obs: Im the ele shaman, my dps was kinda low because i was only 561 ilvl for this fight =/
    Indeed you got more dps than we got But very interesting to see that it works well for you this tac. But with that low stacks why run 3 healers ?

Edit: I could see us going 2 healers 1 tank for this, do you think it can be pulled off? :P
    Last edited by wrynil; 2013-12-15 at 02:49 AM.

Indeed you got more dps than we got But very interesting to see that it works well for you this tac. But with that low stacks why run 3 healers ?

Edit: I could see us going 2 healers 1 tank for this, do you think it can be pulled off? :P
    It will be really really hard on some phases, Like the second kite. 3 healers make it a more "safe" kill. And aside from that take a look at our healers DPS... They can almost replace a DPS.

It will be really really hard on some phases, Like the second kite. 3 healers make it a more "safe" kill. And aside from that take a look at our healers DPS... They can almost replace a DPS.
    dmg done matters, not dps they are closer to half a dps, which i do as disc aswell normally, though i think ill find myself running with the healing cloak for this one.

I think we might try it, though i guess your right. But yea, imma talk to my officers about it, maybe give it a go.

Another question about your strat, how long did you make the run phase last?
    Last edited by wrynil; 2013-12-15 at 03:52 AM.

2x healing tides
    1x revival
    1x spirit shell
    1x barrier
    2x hop
    2x devotion aura
    1x guidance
    1x healthstones
    1x ascendance
    1x Spirit link

Now with no experience on it on heroic yet i find myself a bit clueless about what rotation of cds would bring us closest to the needed 26 stacks.
    You really have a lot of CDs, about twice as much as we usually have, so it should not be a problem to get to 28 stacks every time. You should start with some small CDs at about 5 stacks, and bring in the bigger ones at stack 10. For example, elemental healing tide at 6, spirit link at 8, resto tide at 11, and then just chain the CDs. Things like devotion aura and hop should be coordinated so that everyone knows when they can cast (although I never did this boss with a paladin in the raid). With 26+ stacks it's exactly 3 minutes to the start of the next P1, so all CDs will be ready again.

From stack 10 to 25 you need about 1.4 million HPS, with your setup this should be no problem, as the shaman and monk can to 500k and the disc 300k (rest comes from tanks / CDs). They might need to practice a bit, e.g. how to cast healing rain or chain heal in between two screeches.
    As the second P1 ist most healing intensive, we found it a good idea to move two healers out of bloodlust range at the start, so they can use BL for the second P1.

Here is a video of me healing the boss (you can see the raid CDs on the left side):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADDd5MA0mg

Deleted
    I would consider two healing it with the Resto shammy and disc priest. Going for quite low amounts of stacks (16, 7, 12, 4 or something similar). You could one tank it as well if that feels safe (with pally of course), but we did just fine with two.
    Anyways there is no reason to go for those 26 stacks anymore, not even if you 3 heal. The Ele shaman shouldn't need BoP either on the bats, because those should be dying around the fifth screech anyways.