New Egyptian Constitution

Egypt is scheduled to receive a new constitution should the citizens approve it in January:

Here is the rough draft

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on: "Recovered the spirit of our great civilization and our luminous history, for on the banks of the timeless Nile we established the oldest state that has always known the meaning of citizenship and equality, gave humanity the first alphabet, opened the way to monotheism and the knowledge of the Creator, embraced God’s prophets and messages, and adorned the pages of history with parades of creativity;"

They appear to have missed out...

Twelve -
    We, the Egyptian people, shall rewrite history as we see fit, or employ better translators as this is clearly a load of rubbish that a schoolboy would shake his head at.

OT: Good luck to them, hope it works out. I feel an affinity with Egyptians, as my father was born in Alexandria, albeit they kicked him out during the Suez Crisis.

Deleted
    Had a quick flick through and it doesn't look too bad.

Will read it fully tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Article 2: Islam is the religion of the state...."

Isn't that pretty much what the last constitution said?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    "Article 2: Islam is the religion of the state...."

Isn't that pretty much what the last constitution said?
    i wish they'd just go back to worshiping ra and all the other gods they used to. anything would be better than that.

looks like egypt is just another warmonger in the making. sad to see, just hope the monuments don't suffer for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I foresee some conflicts between these two Articles:

Article 44 - Insult or abuse of all religious messengers and prophets shall be prohibited.

Article 45 - Freedom of thought and opinion shall be guaranteed. Every individual has the right to express an opinion and to disseminate it verbally, in writing or illustration, or by any other means of publication and expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I foresee some conflicts between these two Articles:

Article 44 - Insult or abuse of all religious messengers and prophets shall be prohibited.

Article 45 - Freedom of thought and opinion shall be guaranteed. Every individual has the right to express an opinion and to disseminate it verbally, in writing or illustration, or by any other means of publication and expression.
    At least they are right next to each other for easy access. Plus it says "all". Though I suspect that's never going to be the case...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    At least they are right next to each other for easy access. Plus it says "all". Though I suspect that's never going to be the case...

"God* does not exist."
    would technically insult all of them at once (if I break an article, then I like to do it in one go) and therefore banned by 44, but be allowed by 45.

*Allah is the Arabic word for God, so would apply to all three Abrahimic religions mentioned in the Egyptian Constitution.

Does anyone even go to egypt anymore?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Does anyone even go to egypt anymore?.
    Nope, not a single person anymore. They have to sell the shisha pipes and scarab trinkets to camels now.

I hope this helps.