Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Against TOS to let your kid play your acct?

Anyone know if its against Blizzards TOS to let your child play on your account?

15+ Year Old Account
    You're allowed to let a minor child play on your account (eg, if your child is under 18). After that, no, it's no longer within the TOS, but I believe if you get the child their own account or they get their own account, you can have Blizzard transfer their character/s onto the new account.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-access-policy
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-12-15 at 01:56 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Eligibility.

You represent that you are an adult in your country of residence. You agree to these Terms of Use on behalf of yourself and, at your discretion, for one (1) minor child for whom you are a parent or guardian and whom you have authorized to play the Game using the license granted to you.
    You can technically let one of your children play on your account. This is basically just to make the parent the legal account holder (since a minor child can't legally be held to anything).
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eligibility.

You represent that you are an adult in your country of residence. You agree to these Terms of Use on behalf of yourself and, at your discretion, for one (1) minor child for whom you are a parent or guardian and whom you have authorized to play the Game using the license granted to you.

basically means for every account you have 1 child of yours can use it. but only minor child. I guess when that person gets of age in us that changes so he has to have his own account.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

How the hell will they ever know lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way to track it so it doesn't matter... just let them play.

My son dabbled with WoW when he was 4. When he was 6 we gave him my wife's 2nd account and changed the email that was about it.

His 10 now and still scamps about pvp having fun lol has a 85 DK to
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla

You can Account trade as much as you want, Blizzard doesn't know and doesn't care. I've been logging into the account of my brother / dad / best friend since classic and vice versa and nothing ever happened nor will ever happen.

Unless your telling the world...Oh who am I kidding. You can let anyone play your account. I've played dozens of peoples accounts and none have ever been ban.

Deleted
    Just some input here. Blizzard does actually care, they just dont have any way of monitoring it. In vanilla i tried wow for the first time on a friends account. When i then wanted to make my own we petitioned blizzard if it was possible to transfer the character i had at the time on my friends account to my own account(we didnt know, at the time, that it was against any rules). We where told that the account had been flagged and if it was ever to accour again it would be banned. That was in vanilla when noone really knew much about stuff like that. Today i would not recommend giving them your account name and saying this account has multiple players on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Unless your telling the world...Oh who am I kidding. You can let anyone play your account. I've played dozens of peoples accounts and none have ever been ban.
    If your friend plays on your account, it's undeniably against the ToS... but let's be honest, we've probably all seen someone playing someone else's account at some point, be it to mess around, to do them a favor, to play a crucial raid role on their behalf because they're going to be absent for a night, or whatever -- and all the times I've seen it, I've never even so much as heard of someone being banned because of it. That sort of stuff is not really on the radar, and policing it would be a difficult, time-consuming task that brings no benefit to Blizzard or players, so it's just not generally done unless there's a specific complaint about a specific issue.

Just like any other law that's on the books, but isn't regularly enforced, it's there to be pointed to in situations that can't or don't need to be enumerated. If you have ANY issue as a result of account sharing, it's not Blizzard's fault, and they don't have to deal with it, because sharing your account in the first place was against the rules.

The sole exception for minors being on their parents' accounts is specifically because Blizzard can't legally allow a minor to enter into a contract as an account holder, so if a 12 year old wants to play, Blizzard needs an adult to sign up on their behalf - thus, the parent is the account holder, and the kid is playing on their parents' account (and presumably, under their supervision).
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2013-12-15 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    I doubt Blizzard really cares when family members share accounts.

It's like going 0.5 MPH over the speed limit. Technically it's against the rules but no one will care to enforce it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    I doubt Blizzard really cares when family members share accounts.

It's like going 0.5 MPH over the speed limit. Technically it's against the rules but no one will care to enforce it.
    This is actually completely wrong. Obviously if its a small child, this is not the case, but think of it this way:

If a friend plays on his friends account sometimes to help him raid, he most likely has his own account he is paying for so its not really a big deal.

If a famlily shares an account its essentially blizzard loosing money because that family then do not have other accounts.

As i said earlier. Blizzard cares. And the only reason its not being inforced is that its practically impossible to track.

But please feel free to send an ingame email to blizzard explaining that you are sharing an account with your brother, but that its ok because you are only going 0,5 miles over the limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    If a friend plays on his friends account sometimes to help him raid, he most likely has his own account he is paying for so its not really a big deal.

If a famlily shares an account its essentially blizzard loosing money because that family then do not have other accounts.

As i said earlier. Blizzard cares. And the only reason its not being inforced is that its practically impossible to track.
    Doubt it. Even if they could track, do you actually think they would ban an account for letting their family member play? They would lose more subs then they would gain that way because IDK about you but if Blizzard banned me for letting my family member play, that would not encourage me to purchase 2 more accounts (1 for the family member and 1 to make up for the banned one for me). If anything, it would encourage me to quit.
    Last edited by mmoccb51eef74c; 2013-12-15 at 04:04 PM.

So I should take down the ad on Craig's List for a small child to level my fishing for me?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Yeah pretty sure they don't care when it's coming from the same IP range, plus it's basically impossible for them to tell.

The only time I'd imagine problems is when say, you've played on a UK IP for 5 years, then suddenly a Chinese IP logs on etc, even then I don't know if they actually track it, but as far as I was aware, it would get autolocked for such a big IP difference, or it used too, could be wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Doubt it. Even if they could track, do you actually think they would ban an account for letting their family member play? They would lose more subs then they would gain that way because IDK about you but if Blizzard banned me for letting my family member play, that would not encourage me to purchase 2 more accounts (1 for the family member and 1 to make up for the banned one for me). If anything, it would encourage me to quit.
    And them saying "yeah sure, use that account for your whole family" would then encourage you to get two more accounts? No.
    I'm telling you, if you are so sure that yo uare right go test it out. Send that mail to blizzard. Its very easy to test

if you dont, i take it i am right.

It's just a rule they have so that if there's ever a problem over ownership they can just say "well you aren't supposed to be sharing accounts" and not have to worry about anything. I've openly admitted to them that I share my account with my brother, since he used to delete random characters and I'd have to get them restored. They don't care. It's just a protect their ass rule.