Poll: Xbox One vs PS4

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having now experienced both psn and xbox online, I can't notice a shred of difference, I've always heard this PSN sucks, but since I got my cheap Ps3 I've not noticed a single thing that makes me think one is better than the other, certainly not a function that should influence anyone when deciding what to buy.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-12-16 at 10:13 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Having now experienced both psn and xbox online, I can't notice a shred of difference, I've always heard this PSN sucks, but since I got my cheap Ps3 I've not noticed a single thing that makes me think one is better than the other, certainly not a function that should influence anyone when deciding what to buy.
    Except one costs money and the other does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Except one costs money and the other does not.
    Except in the case of next gen consoles as we are discussing. To play online multiplayer on both the xbox one and the ps4 you have to have their subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Now onto the subject of the consoles. I personally prefer the xbox one as of right now. The games that are on it are just simply better. After the xbox one launched I havent touched my ps4 minus a couple of times to play resogun. If it wasn't for the fact that I won mine from taco bell I would be very disappointed with the purchase. My xbox one however I have played quite a bit thanks to awesome games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3. The xbox does have some major issues with the social aspect such as party chats and invites but Major Nelson has been fielding the complaints over on reddit.com/r/xboxone. Those complaints did make their way to the developers of the interface and they have announced that they're looking into it.

In the end though what I recommend is to look at the releases of upcoming games. Also look at what your friends have as another selling point. Those 2 things should be your deciding factor when picking your console for the gaming generation. You don't want to follow a forum yelling "Get PS4!" when all your friends have xbox one or all the games you want are on that system. Look at the exclusives and see which ones interest you the most.

I hope I was some form of help in your decision. Good luck in your search for your system. Happy gaming friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never owned an Xbox and this generation's doesn't look any more enticing unfortunately. So, I'll likely get a PS4 since I've owned every PS system before. I just don't see a need to rush and get one, though. With ESO, WoD, and Titanfall coming next year, I'll probably be plenty entertained by my PC. I think the new SF4 is coming to PC next year too.

May just put the monies into a better rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly not buy either and just wait until Fall of 2014. There will be more games to choose from then. Spend your money on a puppy.... or something. Hell maybe even buy a Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I would honestly not buy either and just wait until Fall of 2014.
    That's what I'm doing. I don't really see any compelling games out for either console for me to get either one. Next fall looks to have some exciting games though, so at that time I'll have a decision to make.

Spend your money on a puppy.... or something.
    Word. I'm sitting it out for the next year or so as well. Not that gaming isn't fun or whatnot, but honestly? You aren't going to see a deluge of worthwhile titles until next november or so. There might be one or two before then (the steampunk fan in me is holding out for The Order), but even then you can just wait and get the titles for half-price. There's no point in rushing out right now.

It seems like your pretty interested in additional features besides just being a gaming machine. I bought both consoles (wife mainly playes CoD on xbox) and both are a lot of fun. I really enjoy the kinect and snap to tv features etc, so if your into that kind of stuff it would be a bonus. As you said earlier you already have a live account so really the xbox would be only $50 more and you wouldn't need to buy a camera if you ever wanted to. I am actually thinking of buying a second xb1 when titanfall comes out to play with my wife and have it for watching TV while gaming in the den. I really do prefer the dualshock for though for pretty much any other game that isn't a shooter.

Hope i could help and feel free to ask me any other questions.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I say PS4, because it is meant for gaming, Xbox 1 is more of like a entertainment box than a gaming console

Deleted
    Ps4 is a gaming device, while the Xbone is a device that only works (works best) in America.

Xbox one all the way, but in the end just get whatever one you want and not what ends up being the most popular... both consoles will be supported either way

Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    I say PS4, because it is meant for gaming, Xbox 1 is more of like a entertainment box than a gaming console
    Honestly that is getting old, the xbox is meant for gaming too. It just has more features as well. Most of those features only work in the US.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay guys! Just ordered my PS4.. Well actually it was yesterday. (Stockinformer.co.uk FTW) from Asda, it'll be delivered by tomorrow, thanks for helping me chose but in the end it came down to that my friends are going for the PS4 as well, so my choice is to play with them

- - - Updated - - -

I would honestly not buy either and just wait until Fall of 2014. There will be more games to choose from then. Spend your money on a puppy.... or something. Hell maybe even buy a Wii U.
    Yeah, well I love Fifa, sooo :P For me there's already a must have title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the choice would be right either way, both have enough going for them to be worth buying (in a years time :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    So Christmas is coming up, and I am in such turmoil between the two, Xbox One and PS4. I really love the futuristic look and feel of Xbox One as well as the controller(The Dualshock 4 however is VERY nice as well, if not better). However I don't really like the design of the machine, while I find the PS4 sleek and awesome looking, but the fact that it's "only" a gaming console puts me a bit off, I think it's bull that PS Network costs money now, if it didn't I would've chosen PS4 in a heartbeat. But with an already Xbox Live account with gold for 12 months active, I'm not so sure on that department either.
    I like the fact that the PS4 has more power and nicer looking graphics, but I suppose what I am asking is how much better is it really? Like is it noticeable or is it just a picky bragging rights that no one notices anyway?
    I like the whole TV integrated with the Xbox One and that the new Kinect really seems responsive, fast and quite awesome looking. (The PS eye, just doesn't seem anywhere near that level)
    I think the launch titles are better for Xbox, but that is probably just because I haven't had a PS before so haven't played Killzone etc.
    But I am in doubt, especially because it's £80 more.
    Any feedback is appreciated, although I would like unbiased feedback. So preferably no fanboys,

Cheers!
    I haven't looked at poll results or any other replies to this thread, but I guarantee you most of MMO-C will tell you to get the PS4. I have played the PS4, its nice and everything, and I would recommend it. But if you like the idea of the Xbox One and what it has to offer, and you have the extra money... DO IT. I got a Day One Edition and I love it, its awesome as hell. Being able to say, "Xbox, Record That" after I get a 500m headshot in BF4 is amazing, and being able to snap two things on my screen at once is beautiful.

Of course, in the end it comes down to you OP. Get the one your friends are getting, get the one with the exclusives you like, and get the one with the controller you prefer. If you do that, you can't really go wrong.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    So Christmas is coming up, and I am in such turmoil between the two, Xbox One and PS4. I really love the futuristic look and feel of Xbox One as well as the controller(The Dualshock 4 however is VERY nice as well, if not better). However I don't really like the design of the machine, while I find the PS4 sleek and awesome looking, but the fact that it's "only" a gaming console puts me a bit off, I think it's bull that PS Network costs money now, if it didn't I would've chosen PS4 in a heartbeat. But with an already Xbox Live account with gold for 12 months active, I'm not so sure on that department either.
    I like the fact that the PS4 has more power and nicer looking graphics, but I suppose what I am asking is how much better is it really? Like is it noticeable or is it just a picky bragging rights that no one notices anyway?
    I like the whole TV integrated with the Xbox One and that the new Kinect really seems responsive, fast and quite awesome looking. (The PS eye, just doesn't seem anywhere near that level)
    I think the launch titles are better for Xbox, but that is probably just because I haven't had a PS before so haven't played Killzone etc.
    But I am in doubt, especially because it's £80 more.
    Any feedback is appreciated, although I would like unbiased feedback. So preferably no fanboys,

Cheers!
    obligatory PC master race statement out of the way, neither... YET

personally you shouldn't get either, unless the exclusives are incredible, but there is no point getting one right now. the exclusives are largely bad, or at least mediocre, and all the big releases will be on PC as well as next gen and even the old gen of consoles for quite a while. give it 6 months to a year and more exclusives will be out, some of the main issues with the consoles will be patched, and with any luck they'll be a tad cheaper.

Tl;DR, wait a few months, and make a more informed decision. if you're asking on here, you're clearly not set on one, so why rush the choice?