Poll: Increase drop chance of rare mounts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be up for it, as a mount collector.

Failing that though, I WOULD like to see all sub-1% drop rate mounts upped to at least 1%.

Also, I would like for the love rocket to be about as rare as the brewfest/hallows end mount, instead of even rarer then invincible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

ye make wow easier!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    got those during current content np, but stratholme, 410 runs and i'm just so bored of that place.
    Took me over 1000 runs to get Deathchargers reins from vanilla to Wotlk I finally got it when I took my 60 Hunter in there for the first time. Come to think of it my Hunter has picked up close to all of the rare mounts I have.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raise them to 5% when it's old content, keep drops low when it's current.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

People seem to be confusing "5%" with "100%". Buffing the drop rate a point or two does not mean everyone will get one instantly. Heck, just look at the mounts that ARE 100% drop-rates - you don't see everyone going around on them, do you?

Be honest - all the folks saying to leave it alone are just whiny little children with overblown entitlement issues who think someone else playing with "their" toy makes it less special. Grow the hell up.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    People seem to be confusing "5%" with "100%". Buffing the drop rate a point or two does not mean everyone will get one instantly. Heck, just look at the mounts that ARE 100% drop-rates - you don't see everyone going around on them, do you?

Be honest - all the folks saying to leave it alone are just whiny little children with overblown entitlement issues who think someone else playing with "their" toy makes it less special. Grow the hell up.
    False.

10/chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care. The so-called rare mounts are everywhere anyway, using a standard lvl 40 mount is more rare for example.

1) Enjoy: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10387789235

2) I really don't have much of a problem with the low mount drops. Things like Invincible or Mimiron's head should stay low since it was available from Heroic content that was current at the time. It was a reward for those guilds that cleared that difficulty, even keeping it in is controversial in some respects (they removed the Naxx meta achievement mounts when Ulduar came out as an example).

3) There's a real sense of luck/accomplishment to those that do manage to farm up/win the rare mounts and with a lot of that vanishing each patch I say at least keep in the cosmetic level of having something rare and valuable.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So hard not to reply to this post. I have to say they need to be increased to 5%, heck id take 8%-10%. Many might disagree but let me put it this way. Wow is losing subs? and New players generally quit after months-year? It is insanely improbable for new players or players who came back out of retirement to get into mount farming. They see these cool mounts some of the lucky few get. This causes those players to try and try and try and guess what get burnt out. Some mounts from rep (80+ reps in game) most 1000 different dailies to get. Makes wow into a job, causing more players to be turned off and turned away. Now u add in pets dropping from raids now as well, even pet collectors are starting to be hit by RNG luck (imo raid pets should be able to be dueled inside raids for each week) I understand many want to go I want the only one, but peeps pay 15 bucks a month, they shouldn't have to spend 24 hours of just farming old raids each week just to be denied a pet/mount over and over. So yes, I own ashes/ony/Kara mount, heck im at 208 mounts I think atm. I really would love to get more, but I also look at new players, and feel so much pity for them.

Quote Originally Posted by drackgon View Post
    So hard not to reply to this post. I have to say they need to be increased to 5%, heck id take 8%-10%. Many might disagree but let me put it this way. Wow is losing subs? and New players generally quit after months-year? It is insanely improbable for new players or players who came back out of retirement to get into mount farming. They see these cool mounts some of the lucky few get. This causes those players to try and try and try and guess what get burnt out. Some mounts from rep (80+ reps in game) most 1000 different dailies to get. Makes wow into a job, causing more players to be turned off and turned away. Now u add in pets dropping from raids now as well, even pet collectors are starting to be hit by RNG luck (imo raid pets should be able to be dueled inside raids for each week) I understand many want to go I want the only one, but peeps pay 15 bucks a month, they shouldn't have to spend 24 hours of just farming old raids each week just to be denied a pet/mount over and over. So yes, I own ashes/ony/Kara mount, heck im at 208 mounts I think atm. I really would love to get more, but I also look at new players, and feel so much pity for them.
    Sorry man, increasing mount drops to 10% isn't going to bring tons of people back or stop them from quitting.

And no, paying 15$ a month doesn't entitle you to anything as far as pets/mounts go. Like you said, you have 200, why would getting you a few more mean much of anything at all?

And for the record, I don't own any of the 1-3% drop mounts as far as I know. I'm not trying to hoard my toys. I think its BS that people feel entitled to anything at all. Its a joke.

They should remove all the rare mounts from the game as soon as the expansion ends.

IF you cant do it in the first expansion, then tough cookies. Being able to solo farm Tempest Keep to get ashes is not nearly as rare as doing it in a 25 man raid. I don't even have this mount so it was a terrific example, but I just think it's not nearly as rare or cool.

So you either A) cough up all your mounts you soloed to accept this new rule or B) you accept the fact everyone can faceroll solo instances for a lottery shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Some people will say that if the chance was increased slightly that suddenly everyone will have one, Stormwind and Orgrimmar would be full of Clutches of Ji'kun.... well that simply would not happen - even if everyone did own one not everyone would use it, and that is a fact often overlooked.
    Exactly. For example, I got the mount from Horridon and.. from time to time some character seem to fit on a dinosaur, so he's riding on it. I've got some rare Mounts (currently 200+ says my counter) but most of them are just numbers. I like to collect them - and then there are a few, I like to ride. From the view of a collector I'd say why not 5%. It would'nt hurt anyone - except the ones who think prestige > all when it goes to mounts... and in my experience those people are rarely mount collectors.

Every mount that drops from raids or dungeons should be removed after expansion due ppl can farm -.-

how about we just have a vendor in SW that allows you to buy what you wan't. But buying the item has a chance to insta disenchant once bought, This way we don't have to raid or farm enchanting mats And a gold sink!... Wait what?!

There is some truth to that, but as far as priority I doubt many new/returning players are going to go for mount farming one way or another. Most players are going to opt for simply getting mounts they have pretty easy access to or just grind out as part of doing dailies/bgs, you get the idea.

I didn't really do any mount farming until the 100 mount achieve came out and I suddenly saw how close I could get so easily. That also being said it felt absolutely awesome to have the Brewfest Kodo when I was a considerably casual player (it took me almost a year to get to 70, just as a reference). Hell I even got it on my first try.

To put this in other perspectives, I got the Frostbrood vanquisher back when ICC was current. At the time it cool to fly around on (still my favorite/preferred mount) since so few people on my server had it. But now since it's so easy to get, it feels very lackluster to have what was once somewhat of a rare mount see flying by people you know could have never done it when it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post

You know, it's interesting. I think if I could get all my remaining mounts in 20 kills or less I would very, very rapidly run out of things to farm. I talk to a lot of the people at the top of the mount collector heap and they're bored. I don't wish that on myself. Thrill of the hunt and all that, you know?

But I feel like it's probably silly to try to express anything of the sort to someone who calls me such things and then demands I grow up because I have the audacity to enjoy the carrot on the stick.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm so f'ing sick of camping the time lost /
    I have reason to believe that you just lost some time there.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the kids, who go "omg remove it the moment the raid isn't current" is just plan idiotic not saying anyone is entitled to it. If so make it 100% if going to remove it from current. I even said I got plenty of my mounts already, a lot of them current. I wouldn't want peeps to be denied what they pay for. I'm agreeing with increasing the drop chance not just hand it to us. 10% means 1/10 chance, but how many of us have crap luck and would still take 25 runs to get that 10% chance drop, or to see 2 drop after 20 runs and have lost both to guildies/raiders/pugs/friends. Spartan u say a lot of new players won't focus on mounts? But how can u say that mounts/achimvents/pets/gear/gold, those are the 5 things in this game everyone strives for. But im not just saying new players, also vets that come back, and go hey lets try this out again

To the kids, who go "omg remove it the moment the raid isn't current" is just plan idiotic not saying anyone is entitled to it. If so make it 100% if going to remove it from current. I even said I got plenty of my mounts already, a lot of them current. I wouldn't want peeps to be denied what they pay for. I'm agreeing with increasing the drop chance not just hand it to us. 10% means 1/10 chance, but how many of us have crap luck and would still take 25 runs to get that 10% chance drop, or to see 2 drop after 20 runs and have lost both to guildies/raiders/pugs/friends. Spartan u say a lot of new players won't focus on mounts? But how can u say that mounts/achimvents/pets/gear/gold, those are the 5 things in this game everyone strives for. But im not just saying new players, also vets that come back, and go hey lets try this out again

Well I said more that it wouldn't be that much of a priority for them. Let's face it, their primary goal is wanting to play with their friends or just enjoying the game. That usually boils down to leveling to max and raiding/pvp, at least in an initial (3-6 month) window and that's also very true for returning players. They're going to want to check out all the new things and gear up, I'd call mounts/pets a very secondary priority, even to leveling professions.

Most people turn to mount farming once they're out of the main grind and pretty much don't have much else to do. Hell I do my mount farms to just take a break between arenas and bgs. And yeah it works as a time sink and something to hope for that doesn't require me to coordinate with large groups of players or at the very least just take a few friends and go do.

As for the current raid thing, I guess that came off a bit wrong. What I was trying to say was that given the rarity of the mount it felt cool, however now that it's very common it just doesn't have that same polished feeling. I'm not strictly advocating the removal of current mounts, just do what they did with Invicible and Mimiron, make it rare.