Poll: Increase drop chance of rare mounts?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Their drop rate should remain at 1%. 10% of the player base have ashes of al'ar, that's too many..

Deleted
    They should be x10 while the tier is active, and x0.1 while is not.

I guess something didnt drop for you.
    My answer is No. its good how it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have every dungeon drop mount in the game and every pre-3.1 raid drop mount (including old raptor and tiger) save for the old amani warbear.

I think the droprates are doable.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

3-4% is fine and the lowest it should be. Farming a mount for 2 years and not getting it is pretty lame.

I personally suggest Blizzard should increase this drop rate from 1% to 10%. This tune shall be applied to every rare mount dropping boss known as the outdoor 4, Horridon and ji'kun. The purpose of doing so is that as WOW is losing subscriptions dramatically, we can win people back by stimulating dropping rate. Mounts are vanity items which only posses the meaning of making people continuously subscribing to this game. The fact we are facing now is that the current dropping rate is interpreted as "impossible to get" which is very true actually. However most people give up when they begin to know that rare mounts are fruits of tedious, repetitive and pointless farming work. Generally this rare mount dream is far and away to realise while it only undermines one's entertainment. So as a conclusion the dropping rate should see a surge so people will regain their will of attempting as they will keep subscribing.
    Last edited by billielecter; 2013-12-15 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    My biggest qualm is with the incongruity with which Blizzard deals with mounts from raids. Some are removed entirely (Plagued Proto-Drake), some see reduced drop chance (Mimiron's Head, Invincible) while others are left untouched (Frostwyrm, Ulduar drakes). I am of the opinion that meta-achievement mounts should not be removed and all drop or "challenge" mounts should have a low chance to drop from the last boss on heroic difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Generally this rare mount dream is far and away to realise while it only undermines one's entertainment. So as a conclusion the dropping rate should see a surge so people will regain their will of attempting as they will keep subscribing.
    If the dream is to have a rare mount, increasing the drop rate to 10% would no longer make the mount rare.

Quote Originally Posted by drackgon View Post
    To the kids, who go "omg remove it the moment the raid isn't current" is just plan idiotic not saying anyone is entitled to it. If so make it 100% if going to remove it from current. I even said I got plenty of my mounts already, a lot of them current. I wouldn't want peeps to be denied what they pay for. I'm agreeing with increasing the drop chance not just hand it to us. 10% means 1/10 chance, but how many of us have crap luck and would still take 25 runs to get that 10% chance drop, or to see 2 drop after 20 runs and have lost both to guildies/raiders/pugs/friends. Spartan u say a lot of new players won't focus on mounts? But how can u say that mounts/achimvents/pets/gear/gold, those are the 5 things in this game everyone strives for. But im not just saying new players, also vets that come back, and go hey lets try this out again
    You do not pay for the right to own mounts from old raids, nor current ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You do not pay for the right to own mounts from old raids, nor current ones.
    Nor do you pay for exclusivity.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

this poll is skewed in favor of elitists who most likely already own many rare mounts and do not wish their special status being taken away

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nor do you pay for exclusivity.
    I've never said, or implied that you do.

Deleted
    I think the problem about increasing the drop chance percent doesn't really increase the amount of people getting the mount. The mounts could be 50/50 and there could be a potential chance (albeit very small) that the mount will never drop.

I don't really care how mounts end up really, aslong as you work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbesideyou View Post
    this poll is skewed in favor of elitists who most likely already own many rare mounts and do not wish their special status being taken away
    False.

10/chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbesideyou View Post
    The poll is also skewed in favour of people who don't want to put the work in and want the mount drop chance increased

i like them as 1%, especially the ones that were 100% on heroic when the raids were current.

i got the elegon mount and i get wisps about it all the time, i didnt know it was that rare but still keep it rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Actually, I want them kept rare because as I get each one of the rare mounts I don't have it still feels epic. If they increase the drop rate too much(5x is quite a lot) suddenly that feeling isn't as epic. I enjoy having to put in the time and work to solo the encounters with as many classes as possible so I can farm up the mounts, ....
    This. Without getting into the entitlement discussion that's in this thread, what is really so wrong with putting the time and effort in? People complain about getting burned out like it's some kind of life-ending thing. I've farmed up as many mounts as I can and am currently sitting at 222. Many of those were won through persistence and time invested, and for me at least that's part of the appeal.

I mentioned my longest farm earlier as Rivendare's Deathcharger - which is a seriously easy one at this point. For the first year that I farmed it I did it every day, at least once...and burned myself out. I fell back on doing it a few times a week for the rest of the time it took....and guess what? Eventually it dropped. Sure it took a long time, but it still felt great when it dropped. There's nothing wrong with something taking a long time to acquire.

Other farms aren't so easy now....but they will be. It won't be long before farming Invincible or Mim's Head, or even the wolf off of Garrosh will be just as trivial as the Baron's mount is now. Just be patient, don't get your priorities about *worth* and *rarity* and *specialness* all mixed up and learn some patience and persistence. They're good qualities to have.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-12-15 at 07:07 PM. Reason: whoops grammar

Deleted
    I think they're good how they are right now, however: I did sha&galleon every week with 11 toons with bonus roll and haven't seen either of the mounts once, raise every mount to 1% imo