Poll: Increase drop chance of rare mounts?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should rare mounts be a little less rare?

I know what you're thinking, but hear me out.

These rare drop mounts, things like Spawn of Horridon, Blazing Drake, Razzashi Raptor - stuff with a 1-3% drop chance from raids & dungeons are so rare that realistically you will probably never be able to get them... at least not the raid drop mounts. If you're lucky you might see one drop during progression but the chances are that even if you come back at higher levels every week to farm it you'll still never get one.

Now you might say that's good, it makes them 'special' for the few that do have them... but I question the validity of that statement. I question the point of something so rare that it seemingly doesn't exist, and I wonder how it would be if the drop chance was even 5%, instead of 1-3%?

Some people will say that if the chance was increased slightly that suddenly everyone will have one, Stormwind and Orgrimmar would be full of Clutches of Ji'kun.... well that simply would not happen - even if everyone did own one not everyone would use it, and that is a fact often overlooked. But the point remains that this is an over-exaggeration, and my intent is definitely not to make them so common, but to simply allow a worthwhile number of people to realistically obtain them.

The mounts will still be rare, but not extremely rare as they are now. And regardless of how many people might actually own them, you still wouldn't see an excessive amount of them due to players' personal choice. In fact, the frequency of which you see people riding rare mounts is unlikely to noticeably change.

yea i was about to say...there are SO many mounts that you wouldn't see one particular type around much cause people have their favorites. only time you'd see one type of mount in abundance is during a "mammoth parade" type of event that spontaneously happens

wat.

mounts that are from older harder raids like ulduar+ are still pretty rare since people can't solo that easy and they have roll with groups.

the reason alot of "rare mounts dont seem rare" is you can solo them with ease and have a 100% chance at geting the mount. its the reason i have so many "rare" mounts.

The thing about rare drop mounts is that, as future expansions release, they get considerably less rare since everyone can solo the fights.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The thing about rare drop mounts is that, as future expansions release, they get considerably less rare since everyone can solo the fights.
    This.

1% drops are fine.
    Anything below that however is actually ridiculous.

Signed;
    100+ DS runs and 150+ Ulduar Runs

I'm so f'ing sick of camping the time lost /
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    This.

1% drops are fine.
    Anything below that however is actually ridiculous.

Signed;
    100+ DS runs and 150+ Ulduar Runs
    got those during current content np, but stratholme, 410 runs and i'm just so bored of that place.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldt mind em buffing it to 2%, up from 1%
    130 kael thas kills, *sobs in a corner*
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep them 1-3%

Keep these mounts as they are. There's no reason to make them more common.

I just got Ony mount earlier today XD. Keep it as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raising the drop rates would be a godsend, plus putting them at 5% over 1-3% isn't a big enough change to make them common but is significant enough to hopefully reduce the number of times you have to solo an old boss. I would be over the moon if the buffed the drop rate on Mimiron's Head and Invincible when (hopefully) I will be able to easily solo those raids next expansion.

I loathe the idea of farming ToT for the mounts next xpac. I haven't raided much at all during MoP but I already am sick of ToT beyond any desire to return there.

OR

Put all the mounts on the BMAH. Confuses me why some are and some aren't.

Hmm, maybe 5% is too high now that I think of it. It's hard to actually gather the exact current drop rates....

If current drops are 1-2%, raise them to 3-4% instead.

I voted "keep them". But I do think that there should be a MINOR exception.

I think that once a year (a real physical year) you should be able to talk to an NPC who will bless your fortunes for a specific mount you choose. For the next year, your odds of getting that mount go up.

This would apply only to mounts that are personal loot. Other mounts might give you an additional personal loot chance- aka, no "invite me, I have extra odds on making you a phoenix".

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy who says "I collect mounts!" and then whines about the drop rate. The drop rate is SUPPOSED to be low, low enough that if some guy mounts every rare mount in the game in front of you, that is meaningful.

But I do have a lot of sympathy for "I have killed Baron 800 times no horse", especially if that guy really wants that horse, wants to "main" that mount. I just don't think it should become easier for the mount collector, because he has chosen his course, and the rarity is a big draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Raising the drop rates would be a godsend, plus putting them at 5% over 1-3% isn't a big enough change to make them common but is significant enough to hopefully reduce the number of times you have to solo an old boss. I would be over the moon if the buffed the drop rate on Mimiron's Head and Invincible when (hopefully) I will be able to easily solo those raids next expansion.
    Not snarking or sniping, but those are soloable now in case you didn't know.

OT: I think they should stay with incredibly low drop rates / hard to find / get. Things are easy enough in game, and while I won't say that I think everything should always be exclusive forever, it's fine for them to be as such for awhile. I say that from the perspective of someone who is a completionist in that way.....longest farm to date was still Rivendare's mount, which after 3 years of relatively steady farming I just got last month. Shortest farm was the TLPD, which I blundered into one day and tagged off of a player it was hovering over who was apparently AFK (and was very angry).
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-12-15 at 04:05 AM.

5% is a radical increase, and it would definetly make every random drop mount common place to anyone who even tried farming them.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy who says "I collect mounts!" and then whines about the drop rate.
    I did Sha of Anger and Galleon on 11 characters a week for months and the best part of all, they weren't even in the game due to a screw up on Blizzards part. If this makes me a bit salty, I hope you can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    ICC 25 on heroic is not soloable (invincible) and 0 Lights on 25 (mim's head) is not soloable either.. you get picked up by a tentacle around the brain and its over..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    You think a Shadow Priest (my only geared character) could do Yogg0 25 or LK25H? If so I might have to try it, I wasn't sure it was possible at this point. And when I said easily soloable I meant with little to no effort like Kael'thas is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosive View Post
    ICC 25 on heroic is not soloable
    I solo ICC 25 Heroic each week on my blood DK. There's an entire thread about how to do it in these very forums....which is where I learned how.