10+ Year Old Account

[UI] Round (Circle) design?

Greetings to all, and to all a good evening!

I have been pondering of changing UI, and was wanting to try something new.
    Wanted to move away from the squares and such - hehe, it's more to try and form some.

Only UI's I have seen with it, was like, Diablo theme, and how masque can do so with buttons.
    But would love advice, rumors or leads towards more information or even help to form it!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

So, an update, found something looking okay.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10636-Macaroon.html

Do people hold any suggestions about raidframes/targetframes?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only great UI design involving circles I can remember would be this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    The only great UI design involving circles I can remember would be this...

That one, is just a piece of art. It'll take forever to decipher what addons is within it. Seems the user isn't active so never added a setup for people to try themselves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That one, is just a piece of art. It'll take forever to decipher what addons is within it. Seems the user isn't active so never added a setup for people to try themselves.
    PowerAuras/WeakAuras for the graphics, the bars are from a Hud display, Ion (formally Macaroon) for the button layout.
    There are circular skins for Masque.

Might be worth looking at oUF LS @ wowinterface.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-16 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Some cool stuff here. I've long wanted to smash the boxiness of WoW UIs to smithereens :-)

However, it's worth realising that you can't completely escape boxes with a WoW interface. You just can't. Some addon you need will use bars, or making a raid frame with circles being a nightmare, or something will make you need to use at least some rectangles. As such, I think it would be a good idea to work out a layout style where boxes and circles work well together. Strangley, the default UI unit frames are a good example of circles and rectangles working together. Cool changes could be made to that starting point by switching around what the circle and rectangle do, like have the rectangle be the portrait and the circle be the HP/power part. etc.

If any of that makes sense? sorry if it's a bit rambley.

A few months back I played around using stuf (and kgpanels) and custom textures for circular unitframes. http://i.imgur.com/s9cUdjg.jpg http://i.imgur.com/94goFqf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/AX2FmMH.jpg

I still have the download here (the 1.2 zip). The whole ui probably won't work since it's not been updated but there should be the graphical files and stuff in case you want them. The latest download still has the graphical files along with some added/updated ones (even tho I don't use them in the ui anymore).
    Last edited by Lissa; 2013-12-16 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Some cool stuff here. I've long wanted to smash the boxiness of WoW UIs to smithereens :-)
    Kait, if anyone can come up with a sexy UI using a circular theme, its you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Snichy's example and liked it, but keep looking around.

So many awesome examples I see, but they aren't combined together all of them. I have a lot to handle, haha.

.... and.. I have to admit... I wonder if a round raid frame existed, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    OPie looks quite cool, Zorker. Might use that to hide some of my useless buttons. ^^