Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you "enjoy" sleep?

When I was younger I used to enjoy sleeping, and sleeping for hours and hours. As Ive gotten older as we all know you can sleep for hours on end and what not. Im to the point in my life where I seem to enjoy being awake than asleep. There have been nights where I refuse to surrender to sleep. On days when youre off you think sweet I get to sleep in right? Well Ill set my alarm to like one extra hour, I feel like if I sleep through the day then I miss out on something. When Im asleep for some reason I feel helpless like im not in control and that feeling sucks. Just recently I was hanging out with some friends that are night owls and we basically all crashed out at aroudn 6 am. I slept till about 10 am, got my ass up and started breakfast while they slept till early afternoon. I just cant find myself to enjoy sleep, being awak feels much more fun.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I love sleep. I've always hated to go to bed, though... but then again - hated to get up~ Given the opportunity, I can sleep for maaaany hours. over 12! Either way, loving it, just hate initiating it. When I'm in bed, I tend to go "Ahhh, life's good."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about enjoying sleep, it's about being able to enjoy the day after, which I can't do without at least getting an average 6 hours of sleep.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I love sleep, it's when my brain is most creative I think.
    I always have crazy dreams that are fun to remember.
    Also when I sleep it's like my brain is unlocked, it's easy to remember things.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It's not about enjoying sleep, it's about being able to enjoy the day after, which I can't do without at least getting an average 6 hours of sleep.
    Only 6? Wow, I'm envious. I need usually 10+
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Hate to sleep. Feels like so much wasted time... .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes yes and yes, however i hate sleeping away the day, dilemma right there, that is why i hate staying up too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't remember my dreams anymore so I kinda feel like it's some of the limited time I have being wasted if I had the option to function normally without it I would never sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Our bodies need certain amount of sleep to function properly and maintain mental health. If you feel like you don't "need sleep" it's fine to stay awake, but if you are forcing yourself not to sleep you can cause untold damage to your physical and mental well-being.

For myself, I very much enjoy sleeping, and can't function properly if I go more than 3 consecutive nights without at least 8 hours of sleep.

oh dotn get me wrong I know I need sleep. Im not trying to end up going crazy or anything like that but I feel like being awake and experiencing is more fun than sleep. its the sleeping away the day feeling is what I hate.
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    10+ seems out there, maybe you need a new bed, not getting efficient enough sleep.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    10+ seems out there, maybe you need a new bed, not getting efficient enough sleep.
    my bed is pretty damn comfy but if I lay in it for too long I feel like a slob
    14/14h and finally done

Of course I enjoy sleep! There was a moment in my life where I didn't sleep or eat a lot and like some posters said earlier, it really messed up my mental health. So now, I try to sleep 7 to 9 hours everyday. Since I've started doing that, everything went back in order in my life. After this experience, I truly understand the importance of sleeping!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I love sleep.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

I don't sleep well. Trust me, you miss it. I'm always tired. It's not fun.

I have issues falling asleep. I wound up being a night owl. Sometime in my early 20's I finally experienced discomfort when staying up late - there was none, prior to that (I might be cranky and stupid, but there was no distinct physical sensation of being tired). These days I like getting up before 10, and getting to bed not long after midnight; that shifts around if I'm up around 6, I'll naturally be tired enough earlier at night. I do still have to wait until my head gets fuzzy and a little achey before heading up to bed though. If I don't, I'll just wind up laying in bed for an hour or two, bored, getting crankier as time wears on.

If I have the option, I have a better day if I get up earlier rather than later. If I don't get enough sleep, I'll still prefer to get up at my standard time and then just crash a little earlier, rather than staying in bed later and continuing the cycle of staying up later and later. It just makes life easier than the other way.

Also, I grew up with low blood pressure, and getting/waking up remains problematic to this day. I like sleep. I don't even mind going to bed, anymore. I don't mind getting up anymore, either. I still love my bed and the comfort to be found under the blankets in winter.'

EDIT: I'd add that prior to the last several years, I preferred sleeping in til 2 or 3pm. Just to give the 10 AM time a little more context. XD
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I do enjoy sleeping very much, but I also like being awake as much as possible. But once i'm in my bed, I need a really good reason to get up.
    The only thing that annoys me is that, if I sleep for too long, half the day will be over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    I don't sleep well. Trust me, you miss it. I'm always tired. It's not fun.
    Once Im up after I wash up Ill have som green tea, juice or a bottle of water on my way out and I usually feel like a champ. Im not even a morning person I just dont like sleeping the day away
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, but if I'm on the computer I'm like the kid that doesn't want the fun to stop so I have a bad habit of putting off going to bed until the wee hours or, uh, morning.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    10+ is too much. You'll end up more tired, as strange as that sounds. I had a period in my life where I slept 12-14 hours cause I had no job, ergo nothing to get up for. I was always sleepy when I woke up, like it felt I had only slept 5 hours.

You just need your sleep pattern "corrected".

I've always thought of sleep as the biggest waste of life