Poll: Patch 6.0 estimate

Thread: 6.0 eta

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb 6.0 eta

Well there's been a few threads about WoD release estimates, but I haven't seen any estimates for 6.0.

I'm taking a break at the moment because I want to fully enjoy the game when I come back.

So just wondering when we could expect 6.0 to ship.
    I'm guessing April, based on my gut.

Thoughts?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 months after Beta starts. That's my ETA.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Isn't some big "ermagherd WoW killer" launching in April? I can't remember which one. Blizzard usually has some sort of release targeted for around when competition of any kind is coming out. April is a little too early for Warlords proper (for various reasons, I'm expecting June as the most likely), so we'll probably get the pre-event around then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Isn't some big "ermagherd WoW killer" launching in April? I can't remember which one. Blizzard usually has some sort of release targeted for around when competition of any kind is coming out. April is a little too early for Warlords proper (for various reasons, I'm expecting June as the most likely), so we'll probably get the pre-event around then.
    Elder Scrolls Online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online?
    That's March.

later than the options in the poll

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    That's March.
    No, it's April 4th.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    later than the options in the poll
    Look, it's another "WoD no eariler than next september" guy

6.0 March, Expansion April

EDIT: The reason they don't announce it yet is they are waiting Wildstar to announce release date too (after ESO).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Look, it's another "WoD no eariler than next september" guy
    It's the truth though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i am sure there has been around 40 "WoW killers" Released since 2004, and none so far have even scratched it.
    As for Release date i say May 10 :P I cannot see September happening since they said it was going to be a shorter time window between the two expansions, September would make it even longer than Cata.
    Last edited by Marc2001; 2013-12-15 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledor View Post
    It's the truth though.
    Its the truth according to the fact that blizzard only releases expansions from september to january! And never in the same month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    April 6th I believe. And that's WAY too early to even push 6.0 live. We're looking at February at this point for Beta, and only 2 months of testing for all the huge changes that will impact 1-90?

Nah, Elder Scrolls Online will launch without a response from WoW. It doesn't need one, the game was declared dead on arrival already months ago.

If you guys really want me to be specific. 6.0 in Late May, WoD in Mid June.

6 months of Beta, that is going to happen, puts us into June and that's if the beta started today. =\

I'm guessing September release with some kind of pre-patching that will put the Item Squish and a few other things in place in the hopes it will put some of the enjoyment and/or novelty back into SoO while people learn and adjust to the new numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We're looking at February at this point for Beta
    Have I missed some official communication about no beta in january?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    6 months of Beta, that is going to happen
    BC had a 3 months beta. Do we really need to go through all these things again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Have I missed some official communication about no beta in january?

- - - Updated - - -

BC had a 3 months beta. Do we really need to go through all these things again?
    Nothing official. But let's look at this.

The next 3 weeks will be relatively dead as people are ignoring the game for finals/Christmas/New Years/etc.

Come January things will pick up again, we'll likely see some bigger posts. But they aren't going to drop the big bomb right away.

Late January they announce Beta, but won't draw names right away. They'll give people time to opt in, probably 1-2 weeks.

That puts us in early-mid February for Beta at this point.

April 6th I believe. And that's WAY too early to even push 6.0 live. We're looking at February at this point for Beta, and only 2 months of testing for all the huge changes that will impact 1-90?

Nah, Elder Scrolls Online will launch without a response from WoW. It doesn't need one, the game was declared dead on arrival already months ago.

If you guys really want me to be specific. 6.0 in Late May, WoD in Mid June.
    I don't think it's going to launch concurrently with ESO, but I think they can and will try to hit a target that's a few weeks after it launches- probably the tail end of April (hence "around then"). Early May is certainly a possibility.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont know about wow killers...elder scroll online is fine game but it wont kill wow...wildstar is kinda meh and what other games? GW2? tera online?! except of fine graphic i dont know...even if u will have another mmo to play u stil gonna share it with monthly wow sub
    i voted june...other are likely to soon, otherwise we would say "way to go bliizard"

Nothing official. But let's look at this.

The next 3 weeks will be relatively dead as people are ignoring the game for finals/Christmas/New Years/etc.

Come January things will pick up again, we'll likely see some bigger posts. But they aren't going to drop the big bomb right away.

Late January they announce Beta, but won't draw names right away. They'll give people time to opt in, probably 1-2 weeks.

That puts us in early-mid February for Beta at this point.
    Agree with the rest, but i'm pretty sure you can opt in for beta testing right now on battle.net. They'll wait until after new years for the beta as all their devs will be off on hols. So yeh, mid / late Jan for the beta, late-April for pre patch IMHO.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah right...fabruary and march... ppl live in dreams