Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    ANTIFA is a great group and they're the last line of defense against fascism in Europe should neo-Nazis get out of control. I don't condone their violence or targeting of non-Nazis, however.

Yeah, should support those guys.

AFA in Sweden wants to, through revolution, instate a state & class-less society. The security police in Sweden see them as the biggest threat among the autonomous movements.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-12-15 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    According to the SOM-institute's report about immigration for 2012 only 45% found reduced refugee immigration good.

http://www.som.gu.se/digitalAssets/1...g-o-demker.pdf

So not about immigration, but taking in refugees. Big difference. And still not a majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    According to the SOM-institute's report about immigration for 2012 only 45% found reduced refugee immigration good.

http://www.som.gu.se/digitalAssets/1...g-o-demker.pdf

So not about immigration, but taking in refugees. Big difference. And still not a majority.
    You forget to mention that only 29% thought it was a bad idea with a reduction and 26% answered neither nor, which makes the 45% the majority. Only 18% thinks it's a good idea with an increase and 50% thinks it's bad.

These are the percentages for the moderate party & the centre party about receiving more:

Moderate party:
    12% think it's a good idea
    57% think it's a bad idea

Centre party:
    16% think it's a good idea
    46% think it's a bad idea

These are the percentages for a reduction

Moderate party:

53% think it's a good idea
    21% think it's a bad idea

Centre party:

40% think it's a good idea
    29% think it's a bad idea
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-12-15 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking god this thread is full of people who say "SOMETHING MUST BE DONE, LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE" then offer no even remotely sensible suggestions on how to do it. I can't put into words how much people like you are hated, because you whip each other into a frenzy of "gief change" then get upset when "change" doesn't happen even though there are no sensible suggestions.

You have a tiny minority screaming their lungs out and being dicks. Ignore them, they will go away soon enough. They are not at any risk of having any power or say, so don't fret.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post

AFA in Sweden wants to, through revolution, instate a state & class-less society. The security police in Sweden see them as the biggest threat among the autonomous movements.
    I don't know about ANTIFA in Sweden, but I have a few Jewish friends who are a part of ANTIFA in Israel, and they're pretty good people with normal, non-communist views.

ANTIFA > neo-Nazis

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny,considering that its mostly been the 'anti racist protesters' who instagate the violence.

The 'Anti fascists' are generally a lot more fascist (autoritarian) than the far right. They should also be called for what they are, communists operating under an anti racist banner.

Yes i dislike anti fascits because they're nuttier than the far right can be.
    Last edited by Khraine; 2013-12-15 at 09:47 PM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account

If neo-Nazis gain traction throughout Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if groups like Antifaschistische Aktion were the ones that ended it. It seems like the AFA is pretty popular at most European post-secondary instutitions (universities), too, which means it has the popular support of the youth. Very interesting. I didn't know much about them until you linked that video and I decided to do more research. Thanks

Deleted
    You forget to mention that only 29% thought it was a bad idea with a reduction and 26% answered neither nor, which makes the 45% the majority. Only 18% thinks it's a good idea with an increase and 50% thinks it's bad.
    It doesn't make it a majority. It's a plurality.

Don't know where you got the 50% from.

Deleted
    If neo-Nazis gain traction throughout Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if groups like Antifaschistische Aktion were the ones that ended it. It seems like the AFA is pretty popular at most European post-secondary instutitions (universities), too, which means it has the popular support of the youth. Very interesting. I didn't know much about them until you linked that video and I decided to do more research. Thanks
    AFA doesn't have much support. Swedes generally dislike extremists, both left & right.

It doesn't make it a majority. It's a plurality.

Don't know where you got the 50% from.
    majority
    məˈdʒɒrɪti/
    noun
    noun: majority; plural noun: majorities

the greater number.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Funny,considering that its mostly been the 'anti racist protesters' who instagate the violence.
    Both groups are a problem for society. Alas, if you live in a free democrating country where free speech is granted, you'll have to tolerate free speech including hate speeches. The best we can do is to educate people and treat them like we treat everyone else. With the respect they're due and with the full force of the law when they misbehave. In the end, they can't change Europe. In the end they're not more than petty criminals. And that's the worst that can happen to them, to be ignored for their ideologic views and to be punished for the crimes they do. They'll have accomplished nothing if faschism doesn't rule any country in Europe ever again or people stop trying to overthrow democratic structures in the name of fighting faschism just to start a destructive revolution for whatever purpose.

And no matter how much the media likes to cover their stories and blow them up out of proportion, the likelihood of either group ever having a say in Europe is rather slim indeed.

dumb thugs acting as such, but what the fuck is with all these Sweden threads. needs it's own damn sub forum.

Deleted
    majority
    məˈdʒɒrɪti/
    noun
    noun: majority; plural noun: majorities

the greater number.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plurality_(voting)

No.

Deleted
    If something gets 45% in a polling, for it, 29% against it and then the rest don't care, who has the majority?

Deleted
    If something gets 45% votes for it, 29% against it and then the rest don't care, who has the majority of votes?
    No one.

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Yes, let's listen to the people that want genocide.
    Many modern Neo-Nazi groups are literally just extreme conservatives, they rarely follow the ideals of the Nazi Regime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Many modern Neo-Nazi groups are literally just extreme conservatives, they rarely follow the ideals of the Nazi Regime.
    They follow the social ideas of the NSDAP, the actual Nazis. Wanting to purify European society to only "white people" and to "purge the immigrant/non-white scourge" are inherently Nazi ideas, not even conservative ones.

If something gets 45% in a polling, for it, 29% against it and then the rest don't care, who has the majority of votes?
    Funny thing. This reminds me of our university elections that include the youth sections of the major political parties in our countries. We were warned about a particular strategy from right wing groups that had the aim to delay any debate for such a long time (kinda like filibustering, only on a smaller scale) so that the regular students would have to leave to go study, home to slleep or whatever and when they finally have those votes, the right wingers got surprisingly good results. Well, not surprisingly considering that nobody else was there to vote against them.

Clever bastards, really. Ironic how they're too daft to actually accomplish anything. Or lucky, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    ANTIFA is a great group and they're the last line of defense against fascism in Europe should neo-Nazis get out of control. I don't condone their violence or targeting of non-Nazis, however.
    ANTIFA is nothing more than a conglomerate term for various cells with often conflicting views ranging from non-violent resistance against racism and promotion of alternative lifestyle to hardline anarchists who see being against neonazis as a justification for their existance. In no way they can be described as "great group". The thing they are united against is being against neonazis but they differ greatly in their approaches. They could perfectly live without their violent parts but most of them won't turn their back on violence which is the core problem: They believe violence is a legitimate way and they show poor judgement when determining who is friend or foe. I know I've had my violent run-ins with leftwing and rightwing extremists as well.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

No one.

10chars
    She's right, you know. In actual real world politics, that is. Not pseudo forum politics where people twist stuff around just to be a smart ass.

Look up the meaning of the terms: simple majority, supermajority, absolute majority, two-thirds majority, relative majority. Just to give you a heads up, she was referring to relative majority in this case. And yes, in the US that is called plurality, although whoever thought that was an appropriate name needs to have his head checked.

thee hee about the darn time, tho i think it is far too late at this point, for western and northern europe at least, muslims will simply crush them and take over the countries (not that im against it [darvinism at its finest- strong survive and rule over the weak ones...], but still kinda sad to see europe in such state)
    can't wait to see a gay parade in muslim-ruled france XD for sure there will be something interesting to look at