Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    You have pretty crapy heal composition (2 holy pala, no SPriest and only 3 chain aoe heals (tranq etc.)). You should consider taking 8 heals or respec your disco into holy. If you have more shamans in guild, you should take them to group (even dps HTTs are op here). Ofc bats need to be chain stuned.
    Changed the healing setup to 2 shamans, 2 druids, 1 paladin, 1 monk, 1 disc. Its insane how much difference taking in 1 shaman over 1 paladin, and one shadow priest made for us. Killed it in 1 hour of attempts tonight (on the first attempts we allready got him to like 15%)

Unrelated Heroic Thok question:

If the group is able to kill the boss without ever having a fourth stack phase, is there any reason to doing Poison/Bat phase? The earlier responses in this thread and in other places have indicated that one of the hardest aspects of the fight is getting the bats together, CCed, and killed in a timely manner. This suggests that the question, "Is the Fire phase more difficult than the Poison/Bat phase?" is No. Is this really the case though?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire is just a pain. I suppose it could work in theory, but it seems like more of a 10 man thing - it's much harder to have 20+ people move together without accidentally chaining bloodied and forcing phase change. Not to mention that healing is harder when you have to move, plus there's still a lot of fire during the kite phase. If you could somehow stretch it to 27+ stacks than yeah, it would be good. It's probably something you'd do on deep farm, though, to make use of that extra damage buff and not much else.

Bats aren't that bad if you remember about two things:

a) Mass Dispel, since at that point Thok is still casting poison quite frequently and it really hurts.
    b) Heavy healing + dps cooldowns. Best to use stuff that converts damage to healing like AG, possibly leaving an extra Devotion Aura or BoP for your best Healer/DPSers.

They die really quickly with some decent aoe, but you really need to have some leftover cooldowns from first phase. Could be something that's "once per fight", like non-resto Tranquility, or just something you keep specifically for that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Fire is just a pain. I suppose it could work in theory, but it seems like more of a 10 man thing - it's much harder to have 20+ people move together without accidentally chaining bloodied and forcing phase change. Not to mention that healing is harder when you have to move, plus there's still a lot of fire during the kite phase. If you could somehow stretch it to 27+ stacks than yeah, it would be good. It's probably something you'd do on deep farm, though, to make use of that extra damage buff and not much else.
    Ah, I see. The damage is too high for everyone to just assume the usual two group clump strat and force healing through it? o: I've seen some videos do this for the fire stack phase but I'm guessing this is more because it's their last stack phase so they don't expect to stay in it for 20+ stacks and are just blowing all their CDs early?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fire doesn't hurt that much, but it isn't like his other AOE effects, where it's just a single hit/dot and gone. If you clump, it's 10+ people getting hit continously, so yeah, you're forced to move. Being forced to move = harder to heal. Making this fight harder to heal = big mistake. I haven't really spend that much time in this phase, since he's usually dead before we get there, but really, at that point, you're just trying to finish him off, so deaths/cooldowns don't even matter. Now trying to get through 27+ with all people alive... that'd be annoying.

Bats really aren't that bad. Save a dps pot, some extra cooldowns, pop a healthstone. They should be dead before Thok starting chaining roars, so their damage will hurt, but it won't be that deadly.