so today I'd like to discuss Ferals and their rotation. I'm quite confident that I know how to play my second spec, I'm currently sitting @i553 with RoRO (522) and Cleave HC (574), got AoC 528 as well but not using it. I got an heroic weapon, LMG and cloak, no armory tho as I'm unfortunately in my main spec.
Here are a few logs where I dps'ed:
I'm aware of things like missing dps-potions/flask (as I only switch for 1-2 bosses) and stuff like uptimes, e.g. SR uptime on that one Sha kill wasn't that good. I'm playing with SotF/DoC. My questions are as follow:
1) How do you use your clearcasts for Trash? I'm smashing my buttons like a mad lumberjack, I already used my proc for something else when I realized I just had a proc!
2) How do you manage to watch your buffs? I bet the best improvement for me would be to watch my buffs much better and do not clip my rake/rip that often! I need some kind of "do NOT refresh your DoT right now, wait!" icon on my screen, but I don't know how to organize that. In general I have a DoC'ed Rake up all the time and a TF'ed Rip (not 100%).
3) How do you get a Rip with DoC? Most of the time I only use my finishers with 5 CPs, which means I get that DoC. Do you keep that DoC and wait for the next 5 CPs to refresh Rip? I often find myself using DoC for a Rake and a Shred... I know that I need to get a Rip with DoC+TF+Pot up @25% or something to maintain it, but I don't get how. Is it just delaying to use my DoC-proc for Rake+Rip all the time? I'm fine with the general DoC-mechanic (in fact, it feels much easier than any other 90s-talent)
4) I guess using Treants or Incarnation is another DPS-increase. Which is better, and how to use it?
5) Mangle or Shred. Long discussion, different answers in every thread 8(
6) AoE situations. I love my burst with SR -> Trash Swipe TF Swipe Swipe. But after that swipe it gets lower (obv). On fights like Sha I just pop occassionally 1-2 Swipes when the reflections spawn, but I have a very hard time switching targets in general. There is no prob if the target is alive for 20s+ (e.g. the manifestation @sha), but what are you doing on the reflections or on fights like Galakras? Basically just keeping Trash-Debuff up and then go for Swipe only (well obv beside using stuff like vortex or interrupts or whatever is handy)? Or do you keep doing single-target dmg?
7) I try to not change my targets at all. Not because my bleeds may drop from my primary target (I'm aware of my debuffs and the durations), but because I feel it's a DPS loss to switch (e.g. MC-ed players @Garrosh). I switch, do 3 Mangle and 1 interrupt, they die and I have lost my focus on Garrosh. Would a well-timed interrupt be better and keep the rest of your dmg on the boss, as the other DPS'ers are better @switching? Spoils must be a very sucky fight for us then? I'm aware of symbiosing my Rogue/Warlock, but the cooldown is too long tbh
8) Even if I reforge to, lets say, 7k mastery and 6k crit/haste, how can you ensure to get a DoC'ed/TF'ed Rip up with the Trinket-proc?
Thanks for all your hints and tips
edit: I'm using TellMeWhen to track the duration of my SR, when TF is ready again and for Rip/Rake I use Pitbull to display them with the seconds remaining. I'm not tracking anything else atm, tho I guess getting that RoRO proc shown and using a Rip then will increase my DPS as well ;-p