Poll: Be Honest: How Much Do You Lie About Your Item Level To Get Into Raids?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I armory people before I invite them so I assume others do likewise. Lying isn't going to help you get into my group because I never ask.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only stupid people lie about stuff that can be checked in 5 secs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Why would I lie when I can LFR now? I was tired of that "Ilevel" crap when it didn't really determine if I could actually play the game, and this is coming from a player that did 25 man Naxx in greens, during WOTLK.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    there's an addon called Geary, that tells you people's score, whether they are enchanted, etc. just select the person and click the button.

I will expand my item level by 20+ on some of my alts to get in to flex/normal runs. I will only do it if I know I can still pull my weight (I was top DPS on my 531 mage in a group of 545+ just yesterday) and get away with it. I won't lie about ilvl to get carried though.

I dont lie about my ilvl. Ever! It doesnt sit well with me underpreforming so unless its a guildrun i dont look for a flex/normal pug when i know the gear i have isnt enough to do a clear with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lower mine by 15-20 because if I announce what it actually is, people don't believe me.

I got kicked from a LFR once for being too geared.

i dont
    no need to + if someone checks your armory the lie falls apart anyhow

Never, because I'd never play with people that tell you to post your item level before they'll play with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I lower mine by 15-20 because if I announce what it actually is, people don't believe me.

I got kicked from a LFR once for being too geared.
    Seems completely legitimate and believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. Because I don't pug. Also, 570+ is USUALLY enough to get in where ever I want.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't lie bc I don't have to, 575 for weeks
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I never lie about my item level. In fact, in the current patch it's more dangerous than ever to do so, scaling is totally out of hand, and the difference between lvl 540 and 560 can easily translate into 100000 DPS difference.

If we're talking about "lying" because the RL is an idiot asking for something totally unnecessary (like 550+ for Flex), then sure, you can get away with 20 item levels less; but if the RL requirements are actually reasonable, a "liar" is a liability that will ruin the raid unless others can carry them.

I don't lie about item levels, but I'm overlooked because I'm somewhat low for the tier even-though I'm wearing last tier's heroic gear. Flex groups invite me all the time and I do very well, if I could get into normal's, that would be fantastic...but since WOTLK, iLevel has become the go to for PuG raid invites

10+ Year Old Account
    I never have (at least not intentionally). I'm 565, so usually I can get into pugs.

Deleted
    thanks to oqueus and the raidbrowser you cant like about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bother lying about your item lvl ?
    I'd rather say what mine is, and hope to get in. Instead of lying, getting caught lying and being denied that time and ending on a "black list" or whatever.

Deleted
    haven't needed too lie about my ilvl.

my main is high enough too get into pretty much any pug i like and as far alts go i just say the true ilvl, but also link the achievement (or Hc achievement) for the fight so they know i know what i'm doing in that fight.
    if they consider that not enough the run probally isn't worthwhile to be in anyway.

I don't. If I'm 3-4 ilvls too low I just say I'm 14/14 HC and that I'll carry my own weight.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't because there's no real reason to lie about it, especially when it's so easy to armory someone and find out right there on the spot.