Poll: Be Honest: How Much Do You Lie About Your Item Level To Get Into Raids?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I never lie about it. thing is: If you feel you need to lie about ilvl (assuming you have a proper for what you are trying to do), if leader declines then its a group i wouldnt want to join anyways since most likely its a wellfare leader wanting a boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never, I'm typically the one who checks pugs in our raids and will decline every single one that starts by lying to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hey all,

It's time to air your dirty laundry. How much do you all lie about your IL in order to get into a raid?

Personally, I'll float mine about 20 points and it isn't ever really noticed. Sure, it's a bit underhanded - but ilevel is a silly quantification of skill and I'm can still sleep easy knowing I played with my numbers.

What about you guys?

Poll inc.
    I always say what my ilvl is; I remember when my hunter was 525 ilvl trying to get into raids with no luck. I just let them know that what I lack in ilvl I make up for in skill
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

I don't. Even if I'm undergeared I'll trounce other players, even if I've never been in the instance before. Fast learner, and all that. I make that point and if they don't want me, that's their loss. I'll find a group that does. :P

I regard trade chat pugs about as well as I regard leper colonies, and I only do flex raids if my guildies need me to. So nobody ever asks me for my ilvl, and even if they did, it would pass muster for anything a pug would be needed for.

Deleted
    I usually say my ilvl is lower than what it actually is because I'm scared I'll do bad and higher illvl would just make it feel more embarrissing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I noticed something new about people handling the ilvl problem. You know, in oqueue, when you make a group, you can set an ilvl requirement and lower ilvl people won't be able to even try to join it, however, the raid leader has to have that or higher ilvl too, you can't set a higher ilvl requirement than your current ilvl. So this is what raid leaders do: they make no ilvl requirements, but write in the description something like ''ilvl 550+". I see this, think ''oh good, my ilvl group'', join it, get accepted, go the first boss, then see that one dps died to standing in bad stuff instantly or did 14k dps. Inspect that dps, it is the group leader and he is wearing crafted pvp gear or similar low ilvl crap -.- Because of this issue I managed to do only a couple bosses this week. If I complain about it, I get kicked immediately. Guess all those people who complained about ilvl 520 requirement for flex being too high on mmochampion forums read the replies telling them *go make your own group* and did it -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I don't because:
    A. I'm not a lying scumbag.
    B. iLvl isn't hard to get.
    C. If you come back after a break, just link past raiding experience or point to ranks, it's not hard.
    D. I'm not a lying scumbag.
    Just what he said.

If people want more stupid players with higher iLvl then it's their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Mate most people don't give a fuck about past raiding experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No offence but nobody cares about that, current tier achis and ILVL are all that matters to most people making pugs.
    I think that many people would actually choose the one with better past raid achievements, why? Because it shows how he can be good in a team and how hard he was trying in the past.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-12-16 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kinda dipshit lies about something as easily checkable as ilevel?
    It'll be like lying about your eye color, while someone looks right at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hey all,

It's time to air your dirty laundry. How much do you all lie about your IL in order to get into a raid?

Personally, I'll float mine about 20 points and it isn't ever really noticed. Sure, it's a bit underhanded - but ilevel is a silly quantification of skill and I'm can still sleep easy knowing I played with my numbers.

What about you guys?

Poll inc.
    Why would someone lie about their IL when I'm just going to find out when I armory you to check your gemming/talents?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why you need on all the heroic warforged stuff for your "ilvl spec" or atleast thats my reasoning

i take pleasure in saying my ilvl is 569 hue hue hue
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-12-16 at 08:31 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    you can't lie if useing OQ and my server is dead and has no PuGs

Like 1-2 points if I'm close. I know limits and I won't go overboard, but 1 itemlevel if I'm 539 I'm gonna say I'm 540.

Deleted
    I don't. because either

a) I'm well over-geared
    b) I'll simply link my achievements if I'm on an under-geared character
    c) I don't pug anything but world bosses at the moment.

Whenever someone asks me for my item level i just reply with something sarcastic like 5000 gs inv pls. Surprisingly i've yet to be not invited or removed. I guess they either see my HP or armory me and check after i give them a dumb answer. I hate getting asked for my ilvl because 10/10 times i put myself in a situation to get asked it, its when im helping my GFs alt run throne of thunder or SoO flex on my 570+ war.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3 characters I play regularly are all ilvl 552+. I have no need to lie.

Plus the only times I really pug are for Ordos if I forget to do it on Tuesday.

Deleted
    Some times on my alt I might add 5 item lvl or so to get in to a pug :P

Deleted
    Strangely this idea never came to my mind, cheers

I've got a 570 ilevel and never raid with pugs so I have nothing to lie about.