Poll: Would you support paid profession transfers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paid Profession Transfer

Would you support it? I know I would. I have a Mage that I want to start playing, but it has no professions, and I don't want to re-level professions I already have. I would rather transfer professions from a character I never play.

Opinions? Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd pay for it, if it swapped them.. like if I had once character with Tailoring and another with Jewelcrafting then you pay for transfer between the two and it switches them around.

I would not pay for it. In my view it reduces the sense of achievement you get from actually doing something to get what you want.
    Although I understand your situation (I've been there myself a couple time), I see it as a new opportunity and challenge every time. It's part of the game(play) for me.

I do believe it should be easier to reach the 'current' levels of a certain profession (the last 75 points), but does all the game play have to be reduced to an interface option or a Pay button?
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

No, they already sell way too much stuff for a monthly sub game....

They just need to make it a lot easier to level them, don't make Blizzard anymore lazier and greedier...

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    I would not pay for it. In my view it reduces the sense of achievement you get from actually doing something to get what you want.
    Although I understand your situation (I've been there myself a couple time), I see it as a new opportunity and challenge every time. It's part of the game(play) for me.

I do believe it should be easier to reach the 'current' levels of a certain profession (the last 75 points), but does all the game play have to be reduced to an interface option or a Pay button?
    If some people can afford it, and don't want to spend their game time doing the same redundant shit they've done multiple times, I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They just need to make it a lot easier to level them, don't make Blizzard anymore lazier and greedier...
    I agree with this. Just make your skill level go up +5 for creating 1 item instead of 1 skill level. But only for old content, not for the stuff they added in the current content.

No. I don't want Blizzard to go further down the road of "pay to win". If implemented, you could save a lot of gold and time, by paying with money.

That's why you level professions as you level your toon. Mining, herbalism, inscription, and blacksmithing you can do all in Pandaria if you've already leveled.
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2013-12-16 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If some people can afford it, and don't want to spend their game time doing the same redundant shit they've done multiple times, I don't see why not.
    Than buy gold and buy mats from AH, not hard nor time consuming.
    I have inscipt on multiple chars leveled in hour or two with almost no gold loss (lucky card). Others might be more expensive but you are willing to sped money IRL so where is the problem? and If its not on AH, there are people in /2.

I'd rather have them focus on professions from the start, so new players will get introduced to them to avoid leveling them from scratch after you cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    That's why you level professions as you level your toon.
    Never did that. its waste of time while you level. And the time you devote to level proffesion on max lvl is a lot shorter.
    Time to level while leveling prof > Time to level to max + time leveling prof at maxlvl

only exception are gathering profs

Leveling them is easy. My server is dead, but people offer 1-600 leveling kits for gold. I leveled 3 alchemists in the last month, took me about 2-3 hours to get the mats for 1-600. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Never did that. its waste of time while you level. And the time you devote to level proffesion on max lvl is a lot shorter.
    Time to level while leveling prof > Time to level to max + time leveling prof at maxlvl

only exception are gathering profs
    Or tailoring, or enchanting. Or any of the others, if you supplement mats from another toon on the one or two spots you need a boost through.

Deleted
    this is such a F2P concept it's not even funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Leveling them is easy. My server is dead, but people offer 1-600 leveling kits for gold. I leveled 3 alchemists in the last month, took me about 2-3 hours to get the mats for 1-600. Just saying.
    ^ Alchemist and herb takes no time at all. Level them to max then use the service.. Everyone that would pay for it would do it.

No, here's why:

Professions are stupid easy to level on a max level character compared to leveling as you level, aside from skinning, because you outlevel stuff so fast. A max level character can steamroll any mobs they need to so they can mine/herb/skin or gather cloth/items for DE. They also have flying mounts. Level up profession on a max level send it to a lower one easily. Start hording disenchanting mats and stuff from level 1 without actually working.

Level max herbalism. Then level inscription, send it to an alt, alchemy send it to an alt, alchemy send to an alt (different mastery) so easily. Biggest issue I see would be enchanting, which is stupid easy and cheap to level at level cap

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's 'stupid easy' then why does it matter if people want to spend their real money on it? It's not like it's giving them an advantage compared to farming/buying mats from AH by that logic..

No. It would be buying an in-game advantage for cash.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. It would be buying an in-game advantage for cash.
    I don't think you really pay to get an advantage considering everyone can get professions and you already leveled it before, just on a different character. I wouldn't mind if this got implemented but I doubt I'd use it.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    If it's 'stupid easy' then why does it matter if people want to spend their real money on it? It's not like it's giving them an advantage compared to farming/buying mats from AH by that logic..
    Actually, they get to save the gold they would spend on the AH doing that. To power level a profession is fairly costly, thus being able to just trade them around would have a serious impact on some players who do a lot with the auction house. I personally sell a plethora of low level dusts and essences on the AH to those who are leveling alts and want to level a profession with it. Having it be as simple as spamming dungeons on a max level character and sending the profession off to an alt would put a serious dent in my income and allow them to save ingame gold by using real money.

Farming it is different, they still do the work, however max level characters would be able to move the items around through the mail. The difference is that currently if you want to do something like that, such as grind your own gems, enchanting materials or inscription items on a new alt would mean not only leveling it once on one character but going beyond that to grind the materials for another. While the grinding isnt too bad, it is a significant amount of time you would be able to buy your way out of and instead just transfer the profession away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zworg View Post
    I don't think you really pay to get an advantage considering everyone can get professions and you already leveled it before, just on a different character. I wouldn't mind if this got implemented but I doubt I'd use it.
    Except that those who dont pay for it need to grind mats to level it on one character, and then on an alt if they want to move the profession. Lots more work. Don't let players buy their way out of work.