Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    My Friend Wants to Get Gladiator

    My friend wants to get gladiator on his holy pally this season. I told him he should practise lots, find good people to play with, but most of all stop clicking and keyboard turning. Sound like good advice?

  2. #2
    Absolutely. He will most likely never achieve Gladiator if he clicks and keyboard turn, Hell, not even 2k rating.

  3. #3
    Also probably he has the best chance right now, with the battlegroup merges, it is lot easier to get glad rank than ever before, last time i checked, in EU the cut off rating for glad is 2200~
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,852
    Holy Paladins are about as overpowered this season in terms of healing, as Arms Warriors are in terms of DPS. With some practice and gear, it shouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Also probably he has the best chance right now, with the battlegroup merges, it is lot easier to get glad rank than ever before, last time i checked, in EU the cut off rating for glad is 2200~
    That sounds extremely unlike it, you still need to be in the top 0,5% I'm sure more than 0,5% is above 2,2k.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    That sounds extremely unlike it, you still need to be in the top 0,5% I'm sure more than 0,5% is above 2,2k.
    Well its up to the minimum rating req blizz decide to go for. For example, if in theory, wouldn't be any rating req to count in as 'active' player, then literally everyone who played a single match in the season would count in and the glad cut off would be even smaller. So 2.2k probably not true, specially now that there was a tweet about some blog post explaining the rewards this time around.

    They said, there will be some minimum rating to be counted as an active player, but noone knows what it is.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  7. #7
    He said that 1000 rating would most likely be the floor. That would include a ton of people that were only grinding out the mount and their alts so it should be a pretty low floor for titles. Not 2200 like it is right now, but not 2600 either. I would think if you can manage 2400 you should be okay.


    Your friend should temper their expectations and shoot for a lesser title to start with. Challenger is a good start and it will be less frustrating if you are realistic about what you want to accomplish. Also, remember that your team mates mean a lot in 3v3 and if you have a subpar comp or subpar dps it will just be even harder on a subpar healer.

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    318
    the only way to get better is to try. not trying to dis your buddy here buy keyboard turning and clicking is not good, he needs to stop that shit asap. (dont worry most people are clickers at some point)

  9. #9
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,468
    He better learn the ins and outs of his class.

    If he's logged on and he's not queueing, he's wasting his time.

  10. #10
    sounds like perfect advice for your 'friend'

  11. #11
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,763
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    That sounds extremely unlike it, you still need to be in the top 0,5% I'm sure more than 0,5% is above 2,2k.
    Not sure how accurate it is but have a look at http://www.arenamate.net/arena_rbg_title_cutoffs.html

  12. #12
    Might also want to set up a proxy for DDoS if he's done any sort of pugging previously and not get his hopes up.

    It's in the absurd factor for somebody to even get 2200+ in their first "real" season now days - and learning to keybind? It wasn't a real season prior if you weren't before.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  13. #13
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Might also want to set up a proxy for DDoS if he's done any sort of pugging previously and not get his hopes up.

    It's in the absurd factor for somebody to even get 2200+ in their first "real" season now days - and learning to keybind? It wasn't a real season prior if you weren't before.
    Yep. Better get your proxy set up now before you lose a close game due to ddos.

    Same shit happens in RBGs too, be careful there.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Yep. Better get your proxy set up now before you lose a close game due to ddos.

    Same shit happens in RBGs too, be careful there.
    What is this shit now? People are DDoS'ing to cheat? I'll remember this next time I see "PvP takes skill to be good at."

  15. #15
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What is this shit now? People are DDoS'ing to cheat? I'll remember this next time I see "PvP takes skill to be good at."
    people have been ddosing for as long as pvp has been in this game mate

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    people have been ddosing for as long as pvp has been in this game mate
    That's garbage.

    Edit: Got curious so did some digging, it looks like they tend to get the necessary info needed to DDoS you from Skype. Maybe avoid using it?
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2014-01-05 at 04:46 AM.

  17. #17
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    That's garbage.

    Edit: Got curious so did some digging, it looks like they tend to get the necessary info needed to DDoS you from Skype. Maybe avoid using it?
    There are plenty of ways to prevent it. Set up a proxy for your skype. There are many guides out there on how to prevent it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    There are plenty of ways to prevent it. Set up a proxy for your skype. There are many guides out there on how to prevent it.
    Yeah I was able to gather as much. Thank you.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Not sure how accurate it is but have a look at http://www.arenamate.net/arena_rbg_title_cutoffs.html
    I... am shocked! Only 2,2k for god damn gladiator!!?? Hell I'd have duelist now with my 3x dps 100 winfarm and I got twice the losses!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    He better learn the ins and outs of his class.

    If he's logged on and he's not queueing, he's wasting his time.
    Not sure how versed your friend is in the WoW game...brankd new? since cata, Wrath, BC, vanilla??? But ontop of this comment, just as important (sometimes more important) he needs to know the ins and outs of other classes too...When they are using def CD's or offensice CD's or what CC and cooldonws they have are even as important as know what buttons you need to press lol, or in most cases are the main factor for what button they press.. Saying this out of a non glad rating (~2100) but its good advice even at 1200 rating.. But also as said before, maybe glad is to high of an expectation for his first go around. not saying it can't be done. BUT it's extremely frustrating and you meet a lot of "less fun" people the higher the rating...But none the less, have fun and wish him and you luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •