Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    They did say they're adding more zombies. But that would make it so very much tougher to get armed up when you've just started out. Zombies aren't very easy to deal with when you're unarmed.
    If the zombies were increased in the cities and not so much in the smaller towns it would be okay, like you say right now zombies are a pita without a decent weapon.

Lots of zombies in the big cities would be great. I would LOVE to see big mobs of them if possible.
    And I hate playing as a lonewolf, I keep getting held up and/or killed when I can't even find weapons. The best that I found was an M4 and never even got a chance to get ammo for it. /SIGH

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Lots of zombies in the big cities would be great. I would LOVE to see big mobs of them if possible.
    And I hate playing as a lonewolf, I keep getting held up and/or killed when I can't even find weapons. The best that I found was an M4 and never even got a chance to get ammo for it. /SIGH
    Get to the top of a firestation, log out, switch to a server that hasn't got many people on it, go down, loot weapons and supplies, repeat!

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

or you can leg it for Green Mountain, fresh from spawn I leg it inland not stopping for food or water, you can get pretty far in b4 you need to eat/drink anything.

I normally stop at the first little town for a axe and a drink at a well

They did say they're adding more zombies. But that would make it so very much tougher to get armed up when you've just started out. Zombies aren't very easy to deal with when you're unarmed.
    Make starting weapons (axes, bats, etc) more common.

Still looking for a cool friend from Asia/Australia to group up with!

Get to the top of a firestation, log out, switch to a server that hasn't got many people on it, go down, loot weapons and supplies, repeat!
    So that's how ppl do it! No wonder it seems like everyone and their grandmother are always decked out in less than 15 mins.

edit: i just did that and i got two pistols and some ammo for it. I got so excited and I walked off the edge somehow and died. I can't ever win LOL
    Last edited by Weezing; 2013-12-28 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    or you can leg it for Green Mountain, fresh from spawn I leg it inland not stopping for food or water, you can get pretty far in b4 you need to eat/drink anything.

I normally stop at the first little town for a axe and a drink at a well
    Aye, if you spawn on the SW coast you have Balota tents & airstrip, Green Mountain, West military base and the NW Airfield all within a relatively straight line and with plenty of smaller towns dotted along the way for food/drink stops.

I prefer this to server hopping, still gets you geared a bit too easily but atleast it requires some effort.

What's so good about Green Mountain?

Though, I have to say... I haven't seen a single sniper rifle so far. Where the bork would I go about finding one of those?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Loot#Residential.2FCivilian

Sniper weapons aren't in game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    With the current state of the game , more then 40 people will be to much , because at this point you can only gear up and pvp .
    I'm pretty sure they will also increase players to like 100 slots when they are adding all those new city's in the north and the island utes aswell , attleast lets hope so.
    only played for an hour.. i never played the dayz mod but after playing rust it just felt boring and a bit crap. rust has the same tension but add 100-200 ppl on a server.

ill probably check it out in a few months.. also gave me motion sickness. bleurgh.
    Dictated but not read.

You can take off motion blur from the settings. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to leave it on as default.

You can pull it off sort of with a Mosin with a Long Range Scope, can be zeroed to 800m then. But 7.62 ammo can be a pain to find and as a bolt action it likely sucks in fast combat.
    "Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!"
    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since October 22, 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tradewind isn't helping.

You can take off motion blur from the settings. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to leave it on as default.
    yeah I didn't notice that option.. how the camera moved in small spaces was enough for me.
    Dictated but not read.

I... I did the unthinkable.

I walked from Balota over to Elektro and then all the way back, picking up as much food and supplies as I possibly could. On the way back to Balota I went through the airfield again and bumped into a guy crouching over something. Naturally I snuck up on him to check if he was a threat, and... He was crouching over two magazines for the M4 you can usually find in this area, and picked up one. So, since I couldn't take the chance of him sneaking up and killing me now that I've enough food, drink and ammunition for my two guns to last me forever so... I shot him. In the head. From behind, at point blank range.

Turns out... He was unarmed except for an axe in his inventory. There was absolutely nothing he could've done to pose a threat to me, and I executed him for no reason over magazines. Empty ones at that.

It happens. I haven't murdered anyone yet, but this game is all about PVP at the moment, anyway. I can't wait for the wildlife to come in, base building, and vehicles.

I... I did the unthinkable.

I walked from Balota over to Elektro and then all the way back, picking up as much food and supplies as I possibly could. On the way back to Balota I went through the airfield again and bumped into a guy crouching over something. Naturally I snuck up on him to check if he was a threat, and... He was crouching over two magazines for the M4 you can usually find in this area, and picked up one. So, since I couldn't take the chance of him sneaking up and killing me now that I've enough food, drink and ammunition for my two guns to last me forever so... I shot him. In the head. From behind, at point blank range.

Turns out... He was unarmed except for an axe in his inventory. There was absolutely nothing he could've done to pose a threat to me, and I executed him for no reason over magazines. Empty ones at that.
    It's really horrible when that happens , to think you wasted a whole bullet on him when you didn't need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

I'm downloading this game right now, sounds like this game has potential. If anyone wants to team up (and not murder me) on Steam, that'd be ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    It's really horrible when that happens , to think you wasted a whole bullet on him when you didn't need to.
    I like the way you think.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

got bored of camping out at Balota airstrip with 3 mates killing people as they entered the main building, so I jumped off the roof to get a fresh spawn.

Well I got the Novy Sobor spawn so I thought I'd go for a trip north, was pretty fun and I scored a shit ton of gear along the way at Vybor then the Airfield north of it, at the northern end of the runway there is a tent city set up lots of ammo!

After that I headed east to the Devil's Castle, place is very cool

Was nice just eating heaps along the way and just relaxing, I think I heard shooting once around Veresnik, but not many people make it north on the aussie servers

edit: you can carry both guns if you put one on your back then right click the other and pick put in my hands, but you drop it every time you use a item
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-12-28 at 07:46 PM. Reason: x2 weaps

It happens. I haven't murdered anyone yet, but this game is all about PVP at the moment, anyway. I can't wait for the wildlife to come in, base building, and vehicles.
    And a crapton of zombies (hopefully)