Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] DayZ Standalone

Here is the link to the store, too much traffic at the minute though:

https://store.bistudio.com/dayz

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/ £19.99

What the developers say:
    “DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

Do bare in mind, this is an Alpha and alot of work needs to be done to it.
    It is being sold similiar to the Minecraft model too, It'll become more expensive as time passes.
    Last edited by mmocef79c1163b; 2013-12-16 at 08:37 PM.

Words cannot begin to describe the magnitude of my hardness.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Warning: This game is early access alpha. Please do not purchase it unless you want to actively support development of the game and are prepared to handle with serious issues and possible interruptions of game functioning.

I'm so ready for all the people that ignore the giant "THIS IS ALPHA SO THINGS WILL CHANGE AND THINGS ARE BROKEN" warnings all over the store page to go to the forums and complain that things are broken and they want their money back.

Never got on the DayZ hype train, but I'll definitely watch how this progresses.

Deleted
    DayZ is like marmite, love it or hate it.

But once you seriously get into it, there is nothing else like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Words cannot begin to describe the magnitude of my hardness.
    Is it that good?
    I see it have some interesting stuff,but is EA.
    I haven`t played it, so wondering if i should,seeing a lot of people talk good about it.

One of my fondest memories in DayZ was a tent flattening feud I had with some random person whom I never even met in game. We just spent like 3 or 4 days trading off flattening each other's tents in the middle of some forest. Usually with the same vehicle.

I never saw them in the game ever, just flat tents with my shit lying around it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by n0ideabr0 View Post
    Is it that good?
    I see it have some interesting stuff,but is EA.
    I haven`t played it, so wondering if i should,seeing a lot of people talk good about it.
    The original mod was never without its issues, most stemming from the fact Arma 2 was old as shit and played like it. Breaking a leg while crawling through a doorway etc...we just chalk it up to being "Arma 2'd."

But the game play and concept are fun as hell for me. Never have as much fun just finding beans. Mostly because the threat is omnipresent...between zombies and other players. The map size is also a huge bonus for me. I love the size of the map/maps. Plus the open modding with new maps and items and so on.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-12-16 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Gameplay video from Rocket 9 days ago.

Let the shitstorm begin when the kids(literally, kids) launch it and start QQing that game crashes, there are errors and FPS is shit... Oh sweet tears... If only they had gone to school to learn how to read...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Let the shitstorm begin when the kids(literally, kids) launch it and start QQing that game crashes, there are errors and FPS is shit... Oh sweet tears... If only they had gone to school to learn how to read...
    They did, it just takes too long if it's more than 140 characters.

I hope they make it a bit easier to host a server, the dayz mod was such a mess trying to do so. I gotta put some of this hardware at work to use

oh jay. now you need to pay 24 euro for some deuchebag to kill you on sight. Dont even know why they bothered adding zombies in this game. Zombie survival isnt even happening since people kill you as soon as they see you. No repercussions for killing players. No incentive to not kill players. Only rewarded if you do (steal their loot)

So it boils down to a pure pvp game and lets face it. Bf4 crushes it in that part

Can someone explain this to me? This looks like the most boring game in history with the worst UI i have ever seen.
    And is it correct that when you are dead, you start from scratch? I dont get the hype please explain this to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Can someone explain this to me? This looks like the most boring game in history with the worst UI i have ever seen.
    And is it correct that when you are dead, you start from scratch? I dont get the hype please explain this to me....
    It's basically like that.
    How a game of DayZ works pretty much always:
    1. Find a server
    2. Join in
    3. Start out with nothing
    4. Spawn in a random location
    5. Try to run into a known hot-spot for weapon spawns(military tents/buildings)
    6. Acquire weapons

The big element of the game is RP. It's a great fun to just group up with randoms(no team tags or anything, they could kill you at any time with no penalties/such) and then hunt others.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    It's a survival game. Wouldn't be much of a challenge to survive if there was no penalty for dying

Also if you're looking at anything relating to the original DayZ mod, yeah the UI was god awful.

*spit take*

Oh, NOW they release it! Couldn't have released it last month! Noooooooo... Now that I'm buried in work and barely even have time for Starbound.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *spit take*

Oh, NOW they release it! Couldn't have released it last month! Noooooooo... Now that I'm buried in work and barely even have time for Starbound.
    sucka, I'm on Vacation starting Wednesday until after new years.

Not impressed so far. The mod ended up turning into a pure pvp game with the zombies being no threat to regular players. That ruined it for me. I wanted a zombie apocalypse, not cod/battlefield.

Anyway paying to alpha/beta test is silly in my opinion.