Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    or you can leg it for Green Mountain, fresh from spawn I leg it inland not stopping for food or water, you can get pretty far in b4 you need to eat/drink anything.

I normally stop at the first little town for a axe and a drink at a well
    Aye, if you spawn on the SW coast you have Balota tents & airstrip, Green Mountain, West military base and the NW Airfield all within a relatively straight line and with plenty of smaller towns dotted along the way for food/drink stops.

I prefer this to server hopping, still gets you geared a bit too easily but atleast it requires some effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Loot#Residential.2FCivilian

Sniper weapons aren't in game yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    With the current state of the game , more then 40 people will be to much , because at this point you can only gear up and pvp .
    I'm pretty sure they will also increase players to like 100 slots when they are adding all those new city's in the north and the island utes aswell , attleast lets hope so.
    only played for an hour.. i never played the dayz mod but after playing rust it just felt boring and a bit crap. rust has the same tension but add 100-200 ppl on a server.

ill probably check it out in a few months.. also gave me motion sickness. bleurgh.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can take off motion blur from the settings. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to leave it on as default.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    You can pull it off sort of with a Mosin with a Long Range Scope, can be zeroed to 800m then. But 7.62 ammo can be a pain to find and as a bolt action it likely sucks in fast combat.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    You can take off motion blur from the settings. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to leave it on as default.
    yeah I didn't notice that option.. how the camera moved in small spaces was enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens. I haven't murdered anyone yet, but this game is all about PVP at the moment, anyway. I can't wait for the wildlife to come in, base building, and vehicles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I... I did the unthinkable.

I walked from Balota over to Elektro and then all the way back, picking up as much food and supplies as I possibly could. On the way back to Balota I went through the airfield again and bumped into a guy crouching over something. Naturally I snuck up on him to check if he was a threat, and... He was crouching over two magazines for the M4 you can usually find in this area, and picked up one. So, since I couldn't take the chance of him sneaking up and killing me now that I've enough food, drink and ammunition for my two guns to last me forever so... I shot him. In the head. From behind, at point blank range.

Turns out... He was unarmed except for an axe in his inventory. There was absolutely nothing he could've done to pose a threat to me, and I executed him for no reason over magazines. Empty ones at that.
    It's really horrible when that happens , to think you wasted a whole bullet on him when you didn't need to.

Deleted
    I'm downloading this game right now, sounds like this game has potential. If anyone wants to team up (and not murder me) on Steam, that'd be ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    It's really horrible when that happens , to think you wasted a whole bullet on him when you didn't need to.
    I like the way you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    got bored of camping out at Balota airstrip with 3 mates killing people as they entered the main building, so I jumped off the roof to get a fresh spawn.

Well I got the Novy Sobor spawn so I thought I'd go for a trip north, was pretty fun and I scored a shit ton of gear along the way at Vybor then the Airfield north of it, at the northern end of the runway there is a tent city set up lots of ammo!

After that I headed east to the Devil's Castle, place is very cool

Was nice just eating heaps along the way and just relaxing, I think I heard shooting once around Veresnik, but not many people make it north on the aussie servers

edit: you can carry both guns if you put one on your back then right click the other and pick put in my hands, but you drop it every time you use a item
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-12-28 at 07:46 PM. Reason: x2 weaps
    Sig by Safhira

It happens. I haven't murdered anyone yet, but this game is all about PVP at the moment, anyway. I can't wait for the wildlife to come in, base building, and vehicles.
    And a crapton of zombies (hopefully)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I like the way you think.
    Like a survivor .

I actually just jumped on Dayz for a couple of minutes and checked a jail building, some guy spawning in right behind me so I had to shoot him, which was harsh but then again if I had not killed him instantly he would have most likely shot me. It's a shame that people must resort to shooting on sight to preserve themselves but that is the nature of the game I suppose. I do enjoy being friendly and sometimes I will try and help players or simply interact with them but not kill them. It depends on my mood completely. The thing I rarely ever do though is trick people or pull scumbag tactics like exiting the game once you die so your body disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Aye, if you spawn on the SW coast you have Balota tents & airstrip, Green Mountain, West military base and the NW Airfield all within a relatively straight line and with plenty of smaller towns dotted along the way for food/drink stops.

I prefer this to server hopping, still gets you geared a bit too easily but atleast it requires some effort.
    See, this is what worries me. Everyone will always rush the same airfields to get geared up. Let me find some weapons in a house damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i never played the dayz mod but after playing rust it just felt boring and a bit crap.
    Agreed, boring and a bit crap I's agree with right now, I think Ill take being killed by a bandit over the falling/glitch deaths I keep getting :P Alpha.

I have no fun or interesting stories.

They all start with "someone started shooting at me" and either end with "and I shot back but died" or "and since I had no gun I ran and was gunned down like a bitch".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I have no fun or interesting stories.

They all start with "someone started shooting at me" and either end with "and I shot back but died" or "and since I had no gun I ran and was gunned down like a bitch".
    Mine generally revolve around, I was climbing this ladder and fell through a wall at the top to my death.

Deleted
    Played a few hours. Not died yet!

First person I encountered didn't attack me, was nice and showed me to a backpack and a crowbar before parting ways on our seperate journeys. I immediately bumped into a Zombie. Legged it. Found a few hats, bit of clothing, a chest holster, a lovely Fire Axe which I use to open my Can of Bakes Beans... Wandered into the airfield; empty. Was on top the radio control tower in Prone looking for people, when I noticed somebody wandering around nearby and went into the same building I was on top of. Legged it off the roof and into the woods. Currently at a train yard dying of dehydration... Not found a single source of water!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    my all time favorite video series for dayz lol
    At one point,i thought i was going to literally die from laughing while watching those videos lol. Nothing like a good hysterical laugh,thanks for sharing^^

Until you get randomly reset back to nothing*