Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think I'll have a crack at this! The only thing holding me back now is work... But if i can buy 1 version and play it both on pc as mac, I'll definitely get it.

I mean, it's a shooter, an mmo and of dystopian nature. My favourite film and book genre by a long shot!

The most important question is: Does it have that fallout 2 desolation/loneliness atmosphere? That's what I loved most about FO2.

wtb Friday update D: I was hoping it would have come out today as planned.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The most important question is: Does it have that fallout 2 desolation/loneliness atmosphere? That's what I loved most about FO2.
    It is devoid of atmosphere, the game is incredibly shallow and lifeless right now, the world never feels like it was alive. (these views are purely my opinion of playing the game, not a factual recount)

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It is devoid of atmosphere, the game is incredibly shallow and lifeless right now, the world never feels like it was alive. (these views are purely my opinion of playing the game, not a factual recount)
    Thanks, the videos did indeed seem pretty shallow. The scenery is boring and where the frack are the walkers?

As for your signature, I couldn't help but facepalming during the whole commercial. Geez, this is almost worse than having no marketing at all like sega...

fucking cocksucking goddammit hell

update delayed til wednesday now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    wtb Friday update D: I was hoping it would have come out today as planned.
    what is that updating doing ?

Don't know if ill get standalone, i read it won't reach beta status till next year so its probably not worth the headache, I get enough dayz fun from epoch atm. I don't like the idea of 40 man servers i mean i play on a 50 for a2 dayz and even that feels low for chernarus.

just to touch on the subject of ppl death matching, its a game, no body knows each other, most ppl don't care, if you don't want to get killed by fresh spawns, don't stay by the coast. its really that simple. better yet, get a group, i run with a rotating (timezone) team of 8 ppl on a dayz epoch server, when we are all on, we crush, but we have helped a bunch of ppl start up their bases by giving them stuff or pointing them to good places to build. that is the nature of the game though, when ppl say 'omg its just a deathmatch why don't all these ppl go back to cod' its just a lame way of trying to say there is something wrong with the player base. no that is a fundamental part of the experience, your either going to meet someone and get into a fire fight or your going to team up and become a force multiplier. if your near the coast its going to be the former most of the time because its easier to kill someone and take their stuff than trying to find out if they are willing to team up, besides with it being an alpha there is no longevity there so i can see most ppl just going in for the kills. also if no one does any shooting out of some moral or ethical standpoint then your just missing out on a large portion of what it means to play a first person shooter not that trying to play dayz as a complete pacifist is wrong, just that your not going to survive many days unless you hide in the woods all the time.

most decent servers have a teamspeak server to go with it so, if the solo game is getting you down, the best way to make buds is on your fav servers TS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Don't know if ill get standalone, i read it won't reach beta status till next year so its probably not worth the headache, I get enough dayz fun from epoch atm. I don't like the idea of 40 man servers i mean i play on a 50 for a2 dayz and even that feels low for chernarus.
    I can see the cost of the game rising in the future, that's the only advantage really to buy the game just now.

However I might be wrong and it comes down in price in the future

gotta sink my teeth into this

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what is that updating doing ?
    zombie respawns is the big one, but yeah there's a ton of changes

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100...7922974920024/

Weee, update arrived...zombies respawning now, servers are fucked, but you can eat BACON!!

Deleted
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gam.../1100-6421673/

horrible news for a game that has been in alpha for over a year.. remained in the top 10 selling steam games for almost all of that time and in that time we've seen almost no updates or notable improvements.. its maybe 15% complete compared to the "mod". just terrible terrible news even if it doesnt have an eta.

PC: Where devs to to alpha/beta test their console games : 3

They should definitely be more focused on FINISHING THE DAMN GAME before launching it on other platforms...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    PC: Where devs to to alpha/beta test their console games : 3
    haha did u post in the wrong thread originally? :P.. but yeah i totally agree. v disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They should definitely be more focused on FINISHING THE DAMN GAME before launching it on other platforms...
    yeah they "fixed" zombies running through walls and doors.. only for it to be effective about 40% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    haha did u post in the wrong thread originally? :P
    Nope, totally didn't accidentally reply on the wrong thread because I had a dozen of them open and was switching back and forth >.>

All the PC people who bought early access are basically paying the developer to learn how to port it consoles. It's probably still 2 years out and the full version will launch on all platforms at the same time.

gave up on DayZ months ago (sad too, I wanted it to be better)...waiting for H1N1/The Division instead for my survival fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    gave up on DayZ months ago (sad too, I wanted it to be better)...waiting for H1N1/The Division instead for my survival fix.
    Me too, I will go back eventually but it hadn't moved forward last I checked.

Every time, and I do mean that, I check on DayZ they're like "Oh big new amazing update making 100000 changes having to totally rewrite engine #goingtobethebest" then I play and its the same shit with the same problems along with 10 new buggy items and promises of features for days without any of it actually working. It would be so cool if they actually fixed and finished anything but they just keep adding more to the "to do" list and nothing to the "done" list. It's actually kind of embarrassing for them...

Massive amounts of potential going to waste here. I kind of wish a better and more well managed studio had control of the game. These guys aren't exactly known for bug free games to begin with and it is alpha but wow. They have sucked at actually making zombies in a zombie game with no real improvements... ever from mod till now.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-08-13 at 08:38 PM.