Situation:
My brother had bought a very nice 5.1 Sony Receiver with a matching 5.1 Infinity Surround set a long time ago (probably around 15 years). He hasn't used it for a long time (since he didn't have the need and the room for it), but now after moving to a bigger place last year and getting a new TV recently, he would like to revive the set. But as it turns out, the Receiver is not fine anymore (probably a damaged sound processor or pre-amp, as the sound is constantly a bit in overdrive and sound profiles and equalizer don't really work anymore). So he needs a replacement for the dead receiver and i would like to get it for him for Christmas.

What he wants/needs:

Stereo is fine (but i wouldn't say no to a 5.1), but it needs an output for the (active) subwoofer. The input on the subwoofer is a normal stereo cinch:

I don't know exactly what the satellite speakers are rated for, but they can pack quite a punch. They are not too small (around 22x11 cm) and have 7.5cm (3") mid range speaker and a 2.5cm (1") tweeter. I would say they are probable around 20 Watt sinus each.

The system will be used for a TV and will most likely also be connected to a computer or laptop. Bonus points, if it is not too big (may a bit smaller than normal Hi-Fi size).

As you can see, i am in Germany and for a budget i would like to stay below 100€. If there is a good unit for slightly over 100€ it's ok, but don't overstretch.