Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I have never seen a player get banned for this. Griefing is such a grey line anyway. He could be RP'ing as a suicidal maniac?
    Unless you know the player personally I doubt you'd know if he got banned in any case.

I spoke to a GM and he said it was bannable if it was clear the person was purposely griefing, which I guess means trolling in chat or laughing at people. Whenever i've seen somebody purposely wipe (which tbh i've seen like 2 times since LFR was introduced, maybe i'm lucky), they had to tell everybody in chat how funny it was and what they were doing, the flaw of the bad guy always revealing his evil plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    LFR is facing issues because flex has finally separated actual casuals from shitters.

Casuals run flex because it is quick, interesting and offers better rewards.

Shitters do LFR because 50k dps isn't tolerated in flex groups.
    This is true, when i first started gearing up for normal i was still running lfr, i was a ilvl 520 arms warrior pulling the highest dps on nazgrim with 10 STACKS of determinination! also, the kids were still pulling 80k dps! with 10 stacks of determination! those are the "shitters"

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Casual players on the whole spend a lot less time playing, discussing and thinking about the game, it's highly likely that lots of them don't even know about the addon.

Retards isn't a good description, I know some very intelligent people who absolutely suck at gaming.

The impact of LFR on you is lowering the price of shards and perhaps if you're a min max cutting edge raider being forced into it to get tier set bonuses and a trinket.

The fact is that LFR is used by lots and lots of people that enjoy it who previously lacked an end game in WoW to look forward to, and as I said it means Blizzard can spend more time developing raid concepts and bosses now because of the increased user base using them
    LFR is not used by lots and lots anymore. The completion rates have plummeted and queue times skyrocketed. The mode is losing players and fast. Many only use it to see the kill and unsub afterwards, which means maybe one week of heavy usage.

Retards is a good description. If you cannot process simple commands like face the assassin or dont stand in front of the angry dinosaur then you have a mental deficiency, and are an accurate description of 87% of LFR.

Blizzard can't spend more time developing raid bosses for higher content because they have to worry about how they can adjust it for LFRetards. Imagine if we had some bosses from raids prior to dragon soul in LFR. Could you imaging doing Rynolith LFR? No they have to start with the lowest mode and build up, stripping away mechanics is harder than adding on. LFG has crippled the devs because they need to develop everything so that it can be done by completely horrible players.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed that assholes are bad, but intentional wiping is a bannable offence (it's a form of griefing) so just report them and eventually the community will be rid of them, or they'll be scared enough that they won't do it anymore.
    I don't think that Blizzard actually takes serious action against griefers in LFR. I don't think there are logs or tools that can help them sort out who did what, at the moment anyway.

Yea the guy without gems and enchants half afk in the corner is a heroic raider...

No, raiders carry the groups. Raiders are those healers and dps doing twice what the next highest one is doing. Raiders are the ones who actually handle mechanics. Expecting you to contribute to the group and not slack off is not a douchebag move, but slacking off is.
    are you saying i afk in LFR? which is wrong i dont. when i have money i put gems in my gear and after that is done i will do enchanting. currently i am broke. i never said i was a heroic raider. try again

something tells me your delusional. Every asshole i have ever seen in my LFR groups is the normal mode raider, so i have no idea what your smoking. quit acting like everyone in LFR ignores mechanics or afks.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

How about just

1) Everyone tries to be nicer and not such an asshole to everyone else

?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is not used by lots and lots anymore. The completion rates have plummeted and queue times skyrocketed. The mode is losing players and fast. Many only use it to see the kill and unsub afterwards, which means maybe one week of heavy usage.
    You don't have this data, both because it doesn't exist, and the data that you are pretending to have access to you, you don't have access to.

Retards is a good description. If you cannot process simple commands like face the assassin or dont stand in front of the angry dinosaur then you have a mental deficiency, and are an accurate description of 87% of LFR.
    I think if you had a family member or friend or loved one who had a mental deficit or handicap, you would find a different way to express yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Easy fix would be to change LFR to a much smaller scale instance. They've got the scale-by-raid-size figured out, so now make the LFR groups more intimate, offer great rewards for leading them and more control over kicking.

Basically, take it down to 10 players, offer a shit ton of gold to Tank and Heal it and remove the In Combat restrictions on kicking troublemakers. Also put anyone successfully vote kicked on an auto-ignore for all players in that group for X days so that every time you act like a douche, there's 9 other players you won't get to be matched up with again. With continued abuse it will make for a longer queue and voila, personal responsibility.

This system couldn't be "abused" because anyone is free to put whomever they wish on ignore. Inversely, people are really only kicked for:
    - AFK. People have gotten GKicked for this. Sorry - a simple "gotta go" and leaving is better.
    - Douchebaggery.
    - Poor play, ignoring mechanics.
    - Terrible attitude, insulting people or again, douchebaggery in a non-group-wiping form.
    You really can't say both of these things. Many players see bad play=douchebag lazy leecher, and just as many see calling out bad play=elitist prick scumbag

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How about just

1) Everyone tries to be nicer and not such an asshole to everyone else

?
    i'm not nice too people whos sole purpose in the game is too ruin other people game play.. or just slow the grp down.. retri pala useing shield and one hander.. 21k dps... i mean dear god

Blizzard can't spend more time developing raid bosses for higher content because they have to worry about how they can adjust it for LFRetards. Imagine if we had some bosses from raids prior to dragon soul in LFR. Could you imaging doing Rynolith LFR? No they have to start with the lowest mode and build up, stripping away mechanics is harder than adding on. LFG has crippled the devs because they need to develop everything so that it can be done by completely horrible players.
    No as I said retards is not a good description, some people just can't focus on healing/DPSing and mechanics at once, it has nothing to do with intelligence, in fact a few years ago when I was in school a lot of the "pro gamers" weren't particularly smart.

The last part is just incorrect, it makes sense that if 6 million do the raid instead of 500,000 that they can spend more time on it. I don't see how it's harder to strip down mechanics, they can simply be removed or nerfed to the point where they don't have a massive effect.

Nazgrim's axe is causing too much damage in LFR the forums are saying? Nerf damage by 60%. It doesn't take weeks of discussion and development by the dev team to do.

Also source on the LFR decreased numbers part? I'm not claiming you're lying I just don't remember seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You don't have this data, both because it doesn't exist, and the data that you are pretending to have access to you, you don't have access to.

I think if you had a family member or friend or loved one who had a mental deficit or handicap, you would find a different way to express yourself.
    Queue times have gone up since its introduction. That suggests fewer people in the queue. longer queue's = fewer groups are being made=lower completion rate. When you could get into a LFR in 10 minutes then yea, lots of groups and lots of clears. When it takes an hour aside from tuesday? Not many groups being made and even fewer finishing.

Also, I have worked with special needs students. The behavior of many in LFR is quite similar to some of them, oblivious to their surroundings. The differences is special ed students are generally cheerful and try to just enjoy life, not afk in a corner hoping to get carried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    are you saying i afk in LFR? which is wrong i dont. when i have money i put gems in my gear and after that is done i will do enchanting. currently i am broke. i never said i was a heroic raider. try again

something tells me your delusional. Every asshole i have ever seen in my LFR groups is the normal mode raider, so i have no idea what your smoking. quit acting like everyone in LFR ignores mechanics or afks.
    No, every person who calls out shitters has been a higher tier raider. The people who are below hunter pets on the meters are assholes, having the group do more work than them. You arent an asshole for having expectations, you are an asshole for trying to do less work in a group.

Queue times have gone up since its introduction. That suggests fewer people in the queue. longer queue's = fewer groups are being made=lower completion rate. When you could get into a LFR in 10 minutes then yea, lots of groups and lots of clears. When it takes an hour aside from tuesday? Not many groups being made and even fewer finishing.
    Or it could imply that more and more tanks have stopped tanking due to abuse. You can't just assume a reason to back up your point without real evidence

LFR is facing issues because flex has finally separated actual casuals from shitters.

Casuals run flex because it is quick, interesting and offers better rewards.

Shitters do LFR because 50k dps isn't tolerated in flex groups.
    Pretty much. You can't really fix shitters.

You wanna improve LFR? Stop pretending it's raid content. Make it a 25-man Scenario version of the raid, removing the need for tanks and heals entirely. Bam, goodbye queue time worries. Hello, Tanks and Heals going where they're actually wanted and treated with some respect, i.e. the Flex/Normal/HC difficulties. Proving Grounds is a fine enough training tool for them to start with.

By the same token, make Normal Dungeons into 5-Man Scenario versions of the instance, bring back Heroics as pre-form only, like with Heroic Scenarios, and you completely divorce random-queue difficulty from pre-form difficulty and TRULY give people the play modes they want.

Or it could imply that more and more tanks have stopped tanking due to abuse. You can't just assume a reason to back up your point without real evidence
    this is pretty much it. blizzard said it themselves.

No as I said retards is not a good description, some people just can't focus on healing/DPSing and mechanics at once, it has nothing to do with intelligence, in fact a few years ago when I was in school a lot of the "pro gamers" weren't particularly smart.

The last part is just incorrect, it makes sense that if 6 million do the raid instead of 500,000 that they can spend more time on it. I don't see how it's harder to strip down mechanics, they can simply be removed or nerfed to the point where they don't have a massive effect.

Nazgrim's axe is causing too much damage in LFR the forums are saying? Nerf damage by 60%. It doesn't take weeks of discussion and development by the dev team to do.

Also source on the LFR decreased numbers part? I'm not claiming you're lying I just don't remember seeing it
    No it does take more time to remove mechanics than it does to add them. Lets take a random fight from pre-LFR era. Antramedes is a good one. Fight with sound meter use shields to reset him and charge his direction when he is flying. But how do we adopt it for LFR since they cannot do teamwork? Well make the shields automatically shatter but then people could easily hit max sound standnding in crap. Maybe have a shield break when somebody hits 70 sound? No that would mean the shields are gone very fast...

comapred to Antramedes, dodge stuff dont hit 100 sound and kite flame. Then on normal you use shields to reset the sound and charge the flames direction, then on heroic deal with the imps.

It really is much harder to take something and go down to a lower difficulty while keeping the integrity of the fight rather than adding onto it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Role availability, or lack there of, is responsible for increased queue lengths. It has nothing to do, directly, with completion time or success rates.

Also, I have worked with special needs students. The behavior of many in LFR is quite similar to some of them, oblivious to their surroundings. The differences is special ed students are generally cheerful and try to just enjoy life, not afk in a corner hoping to get carried.
    So, you're aware of what you're saying, which makes you not ignorant, but spectacularly insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Role availability, or lack there of, is responsible for increased queue lengths. It has nothing to do, directly, with completion time or success rates.

So, you're aware of what you're saying, which makes you not ignorant, but spectacularly insensitive.
    Yes queue times do directly correlate to completion rates. When the queue times are higher that means fewer groups are getting prepared and going. Fewer groups going means lower completion rate.

And what I'm saying about using the word retard is that the skill shown by most of the LFR playerbase really does reflect the behavior of the handicapped. Being oblivious, struggling to learn from previous mistakes, inability to communicate, frustration, its a disturbing similarity. However, like I said, LFR players have no redeeming qualities, all just interested in themselves and not the group.

Deleted
    I see so many of these threads, honestly the best reply you will ever see is as follows

Blizzard can never *fix* lfr as it is full of people.

There you go, ill even give it for free, think about it

It is deep!

- - - Updated - - -

No, every person who calls out shitters has been a higher tier raider. The people who are below hunter pets on the meters are assholes, having the group do more work than them. You arent an asshole for having expectations, you are an asshole for trying to do less work in a group.
    yeah. i am done dealing with your delusions. you clearing are in the mind set of if you are not a normal or heroic raider you are always wrong. you also clearly missed what i meant when i said the normal and heroic raiders are the ones i see being jerks.