Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Well having 4 modes isn't helping that transition be easier. If we didn't have a ton of different modes people wouldn't need to hear through LFR to gear through Flex to get into normal do they could do heroic. ToT is barely a viable gearing path right now, which is a shame.
    And that's why they're scaling it back to three modes in WoD. Instead of easy, normal, hard, and super-hard they're just going to have easy, normal, and super-hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    When you "work hard" and "put your all" into a game it's hard to sympathize with the notion that everyone else should have to "work" as hard as you did at screwing around in a game in order to get something out of it. I guarantee that the sooner you step back and put in-game activities into perspective the happier you'll be in the long run.
    I put my all into everything I choose to do. I find it insulting that others do not. Why do something if your not even going to try your best? How would me being less good at the game then I can be make me any happier? Didn't know slothing your way through something makes you happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    then the Snowflake Brigade complains about "dumbing down".
    AKA the people who can handle basic mechanics and have eyeballs.

It was created in response to the drop in usage of Cata raids because the increase in difficulty. When it was created they released HoT heroics to act as a gear catchup to get into Dragon Soul. SINCE THEN Blizzard has been coasting on LFR as justification to develop less content and simply focus on one thing.
    They had to back-pedal like crazy in that way because they had pedalled so far out there. At release raids dropped 359 and heroics dropped 346. Next raid patch raids were dropping 378 while heroics were still dropping 353 (still 6 points below the previous tier and 25 points behind current tier). In an effort to plug the subscription leak they put out LFR and required a 372 ilevel for it. This is purely speculative, but I'm pretty sure that they had already decided to make LFR into the primary method for casuals to obtain gear in the end game by then. However, at the time they introduced LFR they still needed an interim level of content to boost 353 players to a 372, and that's where the HoT heroics came in. In MoP they threw out heroics as a means of gearing altogether, and that's why we have what we have. From recent statements, however, it seems like it finally dawned on them that LFR wasn't a great way to spend the months between patches/expansions.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

And that's why they're scaling it back to three modes in WoD. Instead of easy, normal, hard, and super-hard they're just going to have easy, normal, and super-hard.
    There is still 4 modes. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Why do something if your not even going to try your best? How would me being less good at the game then I can be make me any happier? Didn't know slothing your way through something makes you happy.
    So by this logic after you've watched a TV show you can recite everyone's lines by heart, correct? When listening to music you listen for all the tracks and replay each of them on various instruments later, right? If you go clubbing it's not enough to sway with the crowd; if you're not on Travolta's level then you shouldn't even bother hitting the clubs. Some people take entertainment more seriously than others, and that's OK. What's not OK (or even reasonable) is to expect everyone else to take their entertainment as seriously as you do.

- - - Updated - - -

There is still 4 modes. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic.
    I stand corrected. So I guess it's easy, normal, hard 10-man, and super-hard 25-man.

I stand corrected. So I guess it's easy, normal, hard 10-man, and super-hard 25-man.
    well, easy 25 man queue, normal flex 10-25, hard flex 10-25, and super hard 20-man

Deleted
    I smile everytime I go into LFR - it's so hilarious watching people argue over the most stupid topics.

- Rift

So by this logic after you've watched a TV show you can recite everyone's lines by heart, correct? When listening to music you listen for all the tracks and replay each of them on various instruments later, right? If you go clubbing it's not enough to sway with the crowd; if you're not on Travolta's level then you shouldn't even bother hitting the clubs. Some people take entertainment more seriously than others, and that's OK. What's not OK (or even reasonable) is to expect everyone else to take their entertainment as seriously as you do.
    TV and music are different. They require no input from the consumer, therefore there is no measurement of comparison. Dancing on the other hand: Yes I suck ass at dancing, therefore I choose not to partake in it. If i did decide to do it, I would put my all into it and really learn how. I retain my right to make fun of dumbasses that choose to publicly do things that they suck royal ass at. If you do something that others can witness and you are not good at it you should expect some amount of ridicule.

I retain my right to make fun of dumbasses that choose to publicly do things that they suck royal ass at. If you do something that others can witness and you are not good at it you should expect some amount of ridicule.
    I guarantee that 99% of those "dumbasses" are meeting many more members of the opposite sex than you are. Ridicule all you want, but your fear of ridicule is your problem. I know because my attitude was similar to yours in high school. Fear of looking "stupid" is a stupid reason to deprive yourself of fun. A secure, confident person isn't afraid to face a little ridicule. What's more, they don't have to ridicule others just to feel better about themselves.

You're wrong

They have 4 modes still

LFR (flexible scaling 10-25)
    Normal (flexible scaling 10-25)
    Heroic (flexible scaling 10-25)
    Mythic (20)

So again, each mode just means more inflation and a longer gear grind. Now I normally wouldn't mind gear being harder to get, but running the same instance on 4 difficulties is not enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee that 99% of those "dumbasses" are meeting many more members of the opposite sex than you are. Ridicule all you want, but your fear of ridicule is your problem. I know because my attitude was similar to yours in high school. Fear of looking "stupid" is a stupid reason to deprive yourself of fun. A secure, confident person isn't afraid to face a little ridicule. What's more, they don't have to ridicule others just to feel better about themselves.
    So you've gone to the "they have a life, so its okay their terribad" excuse? lol you're desperate. See if you are being a dumbass somewhere, you are still a dumbass. You aren't a resounding success in real life if you lack the skill to comprehend dont stand in fire.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly have no idea about the current raiding scene.

- - - Updated - - -

They had to back-pedal like crazy in that way because they had pedalled so far out there. At release raids dropped 359 and heroics dropped 346. Next raid patch raids were dropping 378 while heroics were still dropping 353 (still 6 points below the previous tier and 25 points behind current tier). In an effort to plug the subscription leak they put out LFR and required a 372 ilevel for it. This is purely speculative, but I'm pretty sure that they had already decided to make LFR into the primary method for casuals to obtain gear in the end game by then. However, at the time they introduced LFR they still needed an interim level of content to boost 353 players to a 372, and that's where the HoT heroics came in. In MoP they threw out heroics as a means of gearing altogether, and that's why we have what we have. From recent statements, however, it seems like it finally dawned on them that LFR wasn't a great way to spend the months between patches/expansions.
    Here's the thing, the heroics in 4.1 helped people get further into the 4.0 raids, so they could be ready for 4.2 With 4.2 there also came some 363(?) crafted and bought pieces to further help. Don't forget Fireland trash runs. They had a good model at that point, and the heroics in 4.3 were 378 pieces for a raid balanced around 378 entry gear, that was quite easy in the first place.

Ha. And yet you just ridiculed me for being "anti-social". In one statement you denounced ridicule and ridiculed. You're AWESOME.

So you've gone to the "they have a life, so its okay their terribad" excuse? lol you're desperate. See if you are being a dumbass somewhere, you are still a dumbass. You aren't a resounding success in real life if you lack the skill to comprehend dont stand in fire.
    Someone making 250K a year with a beautiful wife, well-behaved children, two cars, and a nice house is a resounding success even if they wipe your raid the next time they queue for LFR. But who am I to judge if you prefer your T15 heroic warforged gear? I think that calling someone a "dumbass" just for underperforming in a game is a bit extreme, don't you?

I put my all into everything I choose to do. I find it insulting that others do not. Why do something if your not even going to try your best? How would me being less good at the game then I can be make me any happier? Didn't know slothing your way through something makes you happy.

- - - Updated - - -

AKA the people who can handle basic mechanics and have eyeballs.
    Did you put your all into the grammar of that post? Or did you insult yourself by making mistakes? Or were you forced into doing it at gun point?

No offense meant, just being flippant.

Ha. And yet you just ridiculed me for being "anti-social". In one statement you denounced ridicule and ridiculed. You're AWESOME.
    My intent was not to ridicule you. I was pointing out that others' choices and rewards differed from yours and that fear of ridicule was holding you back. The fact that you interpreted that as ridicule implies a level of insecurity that you would do well to overcome.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-12-19 at 08:45 PM.

Someone making 250K a year with a beautiful wife, well-behaved children, two cars, and a nice house is a resounding success even if they wipe your raid the next time they queue for LFR. But who am I to judge if you prefer your T15 heroic warforged gear? I think that calling someone a "dumbass" just for underperforming in a game is a bit extreme, don't you?
    Nobody making 250k a year is dumb enough to not understand, for the 100th time, don't stand in fire. Somebody with that kind of economic situation is clearly a capable person, smart enough to understand how to play the game, not a LFR baddie.

Nobody making 250k a year is dumb enough to not understand, for the 100th time, don't stand in fire. Somebody with that kind of economic situation is clearly a capable person, smart enough to understand how to play the game, not a LFR baddie.
    That's a silly assumption. There are plenty of well paying jobs that are filled by seemingly stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    That's a silly assumption. There are plenty of well paying jobs that are filled by seemingly stupid people.
    Not 250k. Unless we're talking pesos or Zimbabwe currency. You don't make that sort of money as an incompetent nitwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Did you put your all into the grammar of that post? Or did you insult yourself by making mistakes? Or were you forced into doing it at gun point?

No offense meant, just being flippant.
    You are correct sir. I did not. I deserve at the very least for it to be pointed out. How else could I improve?

- - - Updated - - -

My intent was not to ridicule you. I was pointing out that others' choices and rewards differed from yours and that fear of ridicule was holding you back. The fact that you interpreted that as ridicule implies a level of insecurity that you would do well to overcome.
    I don't have a fear of ridicule. I just choose to be my best at something before I display it for all to see. If I cannot practice an activity privately then I go ahead and do it in public, but with the knowledge there will probably be some ridicule till I improve. I'm perfectly fine with that. I believe this all stems from my annoyance at people who just do shit without the slightlest preperation or forethought. Humanity could do with a little more deliberation and a little less reckless abandon.

Not 250k. Unless we're talking pesos or Zimbabwe currency. You don't make that sort of money as an incompetent nitwit.
    Models
    Professional sports
    Musicians

are the three very obvious ones people would generally assume to be stupid people earning large wages.

But there are more jobs that you aren't safe to just assume because they earn a decent wage they are intelligent people. And that's just under the very wide remit of intelligence, when it's a pretty specific type of intelligence you're talking about. An artist may be able intelligently translate a view into a painting, but try to get them to do some calculus and perhaps they're lost. Are they a dumbass because they couldn't work it out, or are they intelligent because they created a beautiful work of art?

Best way to fix LFR, remove it.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //